Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
A powerful earthquake of 7.5 magnitude hit central Japan on Monday, prompting a tsunami warning from a broad swath of the country's northwestern coast. The tsunami warning urged people to quickly leave coastal areas, with waves of up to 5 meters predicted, Japan Times reported citing NHK. The quake, which struck on New Year's Day, was felt in Tokyo and across the Kanto area.

Can you imagine the "chaos" that same earthquake hits here? The screeching alone be enough to end lives. Just goes to show the fakery of every Godzilla movie ever. There'd be no running. No yelling. They'd be comforting that lizard if it stubbed his toe.

Crazy. Also see they are still wearing masks.
Your definition of "they?"

When I was there in the early 90s, I saw people wearing surgical masks in the cities. Seen it in the States as far back as the 60s, because I don't go back further than that, lol.

Not in my head what other people wear but was there some conclusion you were making off that observation or just a random observation?

Last edited:
Your definition of "they?"

When I was there in the early 90s, I saw people wearing surgical masks in the cities. Seen it in the States as far back as the 60s, because I don't go back further than that, lol.

Not in my head what other people wear but was there some conclusion you were making off that observation or just a random observation?
Well of course people that are compromised medically in some way may wear a mask in public. I see people nowadays when I’m out and I don’t judge assuming that’s the case. It appeared from the video I saw that the Japanese, at least in that area, are wearing them at almost the same rate as when it was required in the states. So I guess it was just a random observation. Didn’t mean to offend anyone..🤔lol.

Well of course people that are compromised medically in some way may wear a mask in public. I see people nowadays when I’m out and I don’t judge assuming that’s the case. It appeared from the video I saw that the Japanese, at least in that area, are wearing them at almost the same rate as when it was required in the states. So I guess it was just a random observation. Didn’t mean to offend anyone..🤔lol.
But you did just judge. "Still wearing".

That's not an observation.

Isn't air pollution is Toyko pretty bad? Even pre-covid the Chinese often wore masks because of smog
I was about to post the same. I have a neighbor that came to the USA from Guangzhou, China, in the mid-1980's, and she almost always wore a mask when she went outdoors, even in suburbia Kettering, OH in the 1980's. She said it was because of the horrible air pollution in China and wearing a mask just became a habit. To this day, she still wears her mask about 90% of the time when outdoors.

Got it. Mask wearing in Asian countries predates any of the political stuff here. There really weren't that many in the video wearing them so I made a presumption the purpose of your post being other than "observation." My bad. Apologies.