Early GCL Basketball Predictions

What in the world is Moeller doing playing in this tournament in Florida? The team they're playing in this first round is currently 1-8 in Florida (not a good basketball state). They can't even get the ball across half court against Moeller. I looked up the other teams in this tournament and none of them are any good either. Not sure what Moeller gets out of this other than a trip to Florida.

What in the world is Moeller doing playing in this tournament in Florida? The team they're playing in this first round is currently 1-8 in Florida (not a good basketball state). They can't even get the ball across half court against Moeller. I looked up the other teams in this tournament and none of them are any good either. Not sure what Moeller gets out of this other than a trip to Florida.

Give it a rest. You are a complete blowhard. Do you ever shut up?

Give it a rest. You are a complete blowhard. Do you ever shut up?
I'm just pointing out that Moeller is completely overmatching everybody in this tournament in Florida. They're going to get 3 wins that absolutely does nothing to help them later in the season other than maybe get their bench guys varsity minutes.

*Team Moeller playing is actually 5-3 in Florida 5A. That would still be on the small end of D1 Ohio. Moeller won 58-21 playing their reserves most of the 2nd half.

Any La Salle people know what happened to Drae Arnold? Only listed in the box score during their first game against Fairfield. None since. Probably their best player.

Why are there some GMC Boys and Girls Schools Playing Basketball in Florida this Holiday Season? How many of the Florida Teams that other GMC Teams Play are any good in your opinion?

Why are there some GMC Boys and Girls Schools Playing Basketball in Florida this Holiday Season? How many of the Florida Teams that other GMC Teams Play are any good in your opinion?
None really. I know Moeller has played in these tournaments in the past and end up playing a top 10 team in Florida or a DC/Atlanta private school that comes down as well. Those are good opponents for Moeller, but there is nobody like that in this tournament. I think all of the Florida public school teams are really bad and are especially poorly coached. Posted this in the GMC thread, but the Florida teams have scored 32, 32, and 21 against the Cincinnati schools. They have no idea how to handle this kind of defense. I watched the Moeller game 1st half because it was on YouTube. It looked like that team had never seen a 1-3-1 press before. No idea how the stats only had that team with 12 turnovers for the game and Moeller with 6 steals, because it was easily 20 and 10 at halftime.

well atleast they have as many wins in FL as they do in Ohio!
there was ZERO presence on that court of trying to run ANY offense other than playing keep away.
They play probably the best team in the classic tonight ( they won by 35 or so ) Hopefully its not like playing IMG a few years ago in FB. No idea where Arnold is.........

Don't think Anderson is nearly the same team that they were last year, but Elder just dismantled them 56-39. Elder is now 7-1 and you have to look at their schedule the rest of the way and think they're favorites in all but the Moeller games. Something like 18-3 is easily in play for their regular season.

Don't think Anderson is nearly the same team that they were last year, but Elder just dismantled them 56-39. Elder is now 7-1 and you have to look at their schedule the rest of the way and think they're favorites in all but the Moeller games. Something like 18-3 is easily in play for their regular season.
Elder will not go 18-3. They aren't that good. The home and home games in the league will be a dogfight.

In addition, they also have at Conner, Wayne, at Turpin, at Fairmont, and Wyoming.

I'd guess 15-6.

I'm just pointing out that Moeller is completely overmatching everybody in this tournament in Florida. They're going to get 3 wins that absolutely does nothing to help them later in the season other than maybe get their bench guys varsity minutes.
You are totally uninformed. Moeller is having a great tournament in Fla. A little R&R, team bonding experience and getting 2 or 3 would be starters some additional playing time before heading in to league play. In case you haven't noticed, Big Moe has been without 2 starters for the first 3 weeks of the season. Playing in Fla. gives them the opportunity to work those starters into game shape. They will be a heck of a team come GCL league and playoff time having more depth than in recent years. GBM 💪 🏀

Last edited:
LS played much more up-tempo and had a few more shots fallen, would have won ( lost by 5 ) wouldn't have been surprised if after the first game tourney officials " suggested" a little quicker play ...just my own thought on that. resume play today 5:45 @ Bishop Verot HS

Last edited:
That is exactly what it is. They have done an out of state tournament at this time, for many years.

Wayne-Elder and Moeller-Centerville on Friday. If Elder is the team that I think they are, they should beat Wayne for sure. Moeller can assert their claim as the best team in Region 4 with a win.