DVI: Rearrange the 2019 football poll for the 2020 season

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
DVI: Rearrange the 2019 football poll for the 2020 season

This is the Coronavirus is making me crazy and I just want to talk about HS sports thread for DVI football:

This is the final poll for the 2019 football season. What I want people to do is to reorder the top 15 with your best guess for the 2020 season.

Also, add one team in red to the bottom of the list that did not make the final 15 that you think is the best bet to make a run next season.

1 Anna (Anna) (9-1)
2 Minster (Minster) (9-1)
3 Trimble (Glouster) (10-0)
4 Fort Frye (Beverly) (10-0)
5 Lima Central Catholic (Lima) (9-1)
6 Springfield (New Middletown) (10-0)
7 Liberty Center (Liberty Center) (9-1)
8 Coldwater (Coldwater) (8-2)
9 East Knox (Howard) (10-0)
10 Mogadore (Mogadore) (9-1)
11 Archbold (Archbold) (9-1)
12 Covington (Covington) (8-2)
13 Gibsonburg (Gibsonburg) (10-0)
14 Southeastern (Chillicothe) (10-0)
15 Allen East (Harrod) (9-1)

Let's make this fun and get our minds off the end of the world for a little bit...

*We are using 2019 DVI schools for this list.

Coldwater will be a top 5 team. A plethora of skilled positions and an Improved backfield. If we could bring our JV kids up to the Varsity level, It will be something special. The 2019 Coldwater JV team Outscored opponents 306-20

Last edited:
I expect Sherwood Fairview to be back in the thick of things next year.

Although we lose our stud qb, the kid stepping into replace him is the head coaches son and an even better athlete than Polter was.

We are returning both our leading rusher (Timbrook) and receiver (Frank), and I expect a more run-heavy RPO style offense.

Although we lose our stud qb, the kid stepping into replace him is the head coaches son and an even better athlete than Polter was.

We are returning both our leading rusher (Timbrook) and receiver (Frank), and I expect a more run-heavy RPO style offense.
I have them as my early choice as D6 champions actually.

Be interesting who replaces Singer at MLB. He was a stud on that side of the ball.

Be interesting who replaces Singer at MLB. He was a stud on that side of the ball.
I think they end up sliding Timbrook up from the secondary to fill that spot. He's not quite as big but the kid has a motor and thrives off of big hits.

Definitely a big loss though, when he got hurt during the Anna game is when we completely quit being able to stop them.

Archbold and Liberty Center will lose some key players but both bring back a lot of talent. They are both the early favorites to win the NWOAL.

I'll go ahead and add Columbus Grove for teams that missed out last year to make a run in 2020. Narrowly missed the playoffs last year (a win against Leipsic, Patrick Henry, or Allen East would have changed that) and was playing extremely well in the second half of the year. 5 out of their 6 final games (all wins) had a running clock including a win over co-NWC champ Spencerville. They do lose some good senior talent from last year, especially at wide receiver, but have QB, running back, 4/5 O-linemen, and all but 4 defensive starters returning with lots of young players getting meaningful reps last year.