Dublin Coffman next year

Let’s ask Mark...
“Hey Mark, don’t you think... blah blah blah”??
His answer is like most other coaches...
“I do what I want, how I want, when I want!!!“
I don’t give a crap what any high school, Iowa, Penn State or OSU does.

So because "everyone else did it" Marinelli should run his program that way? Interesting, I'm sure your post will convince him...

I don't care if it convinces him of anything. To be honest, and i have no way of knowing this.......but i always thought, if you asked the wrestlers from those years if they wanted to wrestle in the state duals they would have said yes. I believe those guys were as much warriors as the NE teams and would have gone to battle.......... but coach said no and that was that.

Last edited:
I don't care if it convinces him of anything. To be honest, and i have no way of knowing this.......but i always thought, if you asked the wrestlers from those years if they wanted to wrestle in the state duals they would have said yes. I believe those guys were as much warriors as the NE teams and would have gone to battle.......... but coach said no and that was that.

Ironic cuz i was on that team

Great point MitSulHer, that's what I tried to say the other day. That it really would have been neat to see Liberty at the state duals in 16 and 17. I think they would have been fun to watch going against the big boys from NE Ohio. I know that team very well, my kids wrestled with 8 of there 10 state qualifiers from the biddy days on up.

The wrestlers and the families that I know definitely would have liked to attended back then (Except Brakan i guess), but Liberty never has and probably never will do the state duals, we get it. I have no idea who won the state duals back then, but I can guarantee that Liberty would have been one of the top teams.

Before my two Liberty friends go nuts, read my post slow, it's a complement on how good the 2016 and 2017 Liberty teams were. Not a bash about state duals, Coach M or that DC in 2021 is better than Liberty. ✌

Last edited:
They still have some catching up to do to a team in recent memory maybe 2017 I think. March will tell the story.
I think the premise of this post is that Coffman has a good team this year and with continued development will be just as good next year. I don't think folks are debating this team over your team in 2017. With respect to the State duals, I would think that you along with every other team in the Central district, would be proud that Coffman represented us very well up in Northeastern Ohio this year. Each Coach does in their mind what is best for their team. You know, you might have had fun competing at the State duals. It's a hard tournament, but the kids have a great experience competing.. And yes, Olentangy Liberty in 2017 might have done well -that's not up debate either. Let's see what happens in March ( although that's not the premise of this post either). The State Tournament is difficult! And, I remember kids from Olentangy Liberty winning and losing too :) As a coach, I'd think you'd love to help these kids along, with others around Central Ohio, reach their goals not squash their accomplishments.

Last edited:
Ed’s is losing some seniors, but they have another great class coming in. They will reload, like always.

Coughman loses Jimmy B - any other seniors? I don’t think they have any young studs coming in next year’s freshman class?

Liberty loses Fitzpatrick? Anyone else? They have a lot of young starters and point scorers too - and Krysty and Younger are both potential placers coming in next year.

I think the premise of this post is that Coffman has a good team this year and with continued development will be just as good next year. I don't think folks are debating this team over your team in 2017. With respect to the State duals, I would think that you along with every other team in the Central district, would be proud that Coffman represented us very well up in Northeastern Ohio this year. Each Coach does in their mind what is best for their team. You know, you might have had fun competing at the State duals. It's a hard tournament, but the kids have a great experience competing.. And yes, Olentangy Liberty in 2017 might have done well -that's not up debate either. Let's see what happens in March ( although that's not the premise of this post either). The State Tournament is difficult! And, I remember kids from Olentangy Liberty winning and losing too :) As a coach, I'd think you'd love to help these kids along, with others around Central Ohio, reach their goals not squash their accomplishments.

Coffman kids come to my club. Very talented team top to bottom, my comment was purely responding to "DC has taken the central district to a new level that I haven't seen"

Trust me when anybody can dethrone ne oh im a fan, that comes with being a central ohio guy.

Ed’s is losing some seniors, but they have another great class coming in. They will reload, like always.

Coughman loses Jimmy B - any other seniors? I don’t think they have any young studs coming in next year’s freshman class?

Liberty loses Fitzpatrick? Anyone else? They have a lot of young starters and point scorers too - and Krysty and Younger are both potential placers coming in next year.

liberty loses fitzpatrick and uliano.

This was the first post by Standup

Impressed by DC. Per Boro.
Below are the guys coming back next year!
Dc : 15, 2, 35, 2, 4, 18, 6, 4, 1, 4,

Coffman could end up with three state champs this season. #113 Ayoub has moved to #1. Not sure i would bet against Birden winning a title even ranked at #6 by Boro.

This was the first post by Standup

Impressed by DC. Per Boro.
Below are the guys coming back next year!
Dc : 15, 2, 35, 2, 4, 18, 6, 4, 1, 4,

Coffman could end up with three state champs this season. #113 Ayoub has moved to #1. Not sure i would bet against Birden winning a title even ranked at #6 by Boro.
No doubt. Both Ayoubs are wrestling great, Bird is a stud, and then there is Shumate.
They have several others who could potentially podium too.

Would Shumate consider moving up to 220, or is he set on 197 in college? (Or something else, like playing football or something?)

Who does Ed’s have coming in next year that cracks the line up?
Krysty is REALLY REALLY good, but he’s wrestling 80lbs in JH, he needs to pack on 20lbs by next season.

Who does Ed’s have coming in next year that cracks the line up?
Krysty is REALLY REALLY good, but he’s wrestling 80lbs in JH, he needs to pack on 20lbs by next season.
I don’t think anyone knows for sure, but based on the kids at West Shore and a few others who have said they are going there, or are just rumored... I could potentially see 4 new starters that are frosh.

Krysty will grow eventually - they all do. And when he does, like you said, he’s very good. Younger is HS ready. I don’t know their whole lineup, but Krysty, Roselli, Deericks, Gintert, Younger, Fitzpatrick, Russo...pretty good start. I am sure there are others I am missing.

how does anyone think coffman wont be even better next year. They have the majority of their line up coming back and with the Beast Mode offseason club, they will continue to develop. They bring the most back and do more than any other central ohio club to improve in the offseason. The gap will continue to widen

how does anyone think coffman wont be even better next year. They have the majority of their line up coming back and with the Beast Mode offseason club, they will continue to develop. They bring the most back and do more than any other central ohio club to improve in the offseason. The gap will continue to widen
I don’t know - maybe because they lose several senior starters and their junior high feeder schools couldn’t beat my daughter’s soccer team in wrestling?

Very good team this year. Great junior class. But I would be willing to bet that they score more points at districts this year than next.

I don’t know - maybe because they lose several senior starters and their junior high feeder schools couldn’t beat my daughter’s soccer team in wrestling?

Very good team this year. Great junior class. But I would be willing to bet that they score more points at districts this year than next.

Um.. they lose baughman that will score points at districts and may be a mid to low placer at state. How many top programs depend on the kids that wrestle on the ms team and not club?
I'd love to take that bet !!

Um.. they lose baughman that will score points at districts and may be a mid to low placer at state. How many top programs depend on the kids that wrestle on the ms team and not club?

They have Joey Baughman too?!?!? No wonder they are so good! They are pulling college kids out and putting singlets on them...Mr. Football is a stud...him and Trevor Lawson had some barn burners

St Edward will have another great freshman class coming in. Have to see how OAC states go, and see how kids grow into weight classes and where the names fall. They will be a younger team. Probably 4/5 seniors, 0/1 Junior and 10/11 sophomore and freshman starters. I would put Dublin Coffman as the favorite for 22 now but that’s a long way off.

Would Shumate consider moving up to 220, or is he set on 197 in college? (Or something else, like playing football or something?)

I don't think he would go 220 unless it's a mid-week dual or some other event that would help the team. I think he bumped a lot to 220 this year for some duals. Shumate doesn't play football any more.

True enough. But they don’t have any 8th grade club kids that I am aware of either. Then again, there are always a few new names on everyone’s enrollment sheets come fall that nobody expected.

For central Ohio’s sake, I hope you’re right.