Driving Pet Peeves

Merged behind some guy from Illinois this morning who refused to go over 55 while merging. The ramp is long and straight so no reason not to be going at least 65 by the time you go to merge.

Vehicles, almost exclusively dump trucks, who have crap flying out of their trailer/truck bed, etc.

See dump trunks with signs saying to stay back 100+ yards, etc, and state they are not responsible for broken windshields...that cannot be true can it?

This AM......was behind a semi with a FULL SIZED TRAILER that did not have a top to it. Was behind it for 8 miles before it went to a 4 lane and could pass. The WHOLE way he had crap flying out the top. Plastic, paper, wood/metal pieces that had enough weight to them to bounce when they hit the ground....

W
T
H.

Who knows how long he drove...i was just behind for 8 miles and man was it a disgrace. I hope that mothertrucker gets cited for littering and shut down until that top is fully covered.

What a jagoff

What is it with people and treating red lights like stop signs?
I once got off at the wrong exit on the south side of Chicago around 1:00 A.M. on a Saturday night. I rolled pretty quickly through about 10 lights. There was not much traffic, but a lot of action on the street corners. There was no evidence of any law enforcement officers. I was quite relieved to get out of there.

I live in a rural area. I have two ways I can go to work. One is a township road that has no posted speed limit, no white or yellow lines and several blind spots. The other is a two-lane state highway with speed limit of 55 mph.
In the mornings, when I'm on the township road, I go between 40-50 mph and inevitably have someone flying up behind me going about 60. When I'm on the state road, I go between 50-60 and inevitably come up on someone going 40-45.

What is it with people and treating red lights like stop signs?
You in Youngstown? This happens far too often. But I think it's a relic of the 70s and 80s when my dad would tell me if you're in Youngstown, don't stop. Just creep up to the light and go when no one is coming. Especially at night. Crime is far less now, but I think it's a throwback to that.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 212237.png

Although, I went on google maps just to pull up a random Youngstown residential intersection to show what it's like... and what a re the odds a cop is right on the crossroad.

You in Youngstown? This happens far too often. But I think it's a relic of the 70s and 80s when my dad would tell me if you're in Youngstown, don't stop. Just creep up to the light and go when no one is coming. Especially at night. Crime is far less now, but I think it's a throwback to that.

View attachment 58936

Although, I went on google maps just to pull up a random Youngstown residential intersection to show what it's like... and what a re the odds a cop is right on the crossroad.
Nope. Not in Youngstown. Also, this occurred in the middle of the day 1 block from the police station.

Maybe not a driving peeve but I drove to do this. I went to my local gas station because my low tire indicator popped on.
Pulled in next to the air pump and read the instructions. $2.00 to start the pump. Quarters or credit card. Who goes around with 8 quarters? Good thing I had my credit card with me. $2.00 for air? It should be 100% oxygen.

Maybe not a driving peeve but I drove to do this. I went to my local gas station because my low tire indicator popped on.
Pulled in next to the air pump and read the instructions. $2.00 to start the pump. Quarters or credit card. Who goes around with 8 quarters? Good thing I had my credit card with me. $2.00 for air? It should be 100% oxygen.
Christmas is coming
54aa4bc020244450b239e6710b65812e.jpg

The change container in both our cars easily have $2.00 in quarters, possibly even up to $5.00. Some of the better air machines even check the pressure in your tire and kick off when the tire is inflated correctly. Pretty much dummy proof, which is good for me!

I live in a rural area. I have two ways I can go to work. One is a township road that has no posted speed limit, no white or yellow lines and several blind spots. The other is a two-lane state highway with speed limit of 55 mph.
In the mornings, when I'm on the township road, I go between 40-50 mph and inevitably have someone flying up behind me going about 60. When I'm on the state road, I go between 50-60 and inevitably come up on someone going 40-45.
Isn't it required to have a posted speed limit? That seems incredibly dangerous to me.

The change container in both our cars easily have $2.00 in quarters, possibly even up to $5.00. Some of the better air machines even check the pressure in your tire and kick off when the tire is inflated correctly. Pretty much dummy proof, which is good for me!
I keep a stash of quarters and change in my car, too, for as long as I can remember. About $5.00 or a bit more. It's just something I've always done. It comes in handy sometimes.

I keep a stash of quarters and change in my car, too, for as long as I can remember. About $5.00 or a bit more. It's just something I've always done. It comes in handy sometimes.
I don't do it on purpose, they just pile up. Occasionally we'll gather it all up and it ends up being $8-$10 worth of change that just accumulates.

I don't do it on purpose, they just pile up. Occasionally we'll gather it all up and it ends up being $8-$10 worth of change that just accumulates.
Mine is both on purpose and they just pile up. I started doing it when cellphones weren't a thing and payphones cost a quarter, so I kept quarters in my car for emergency phone calls. Even now, the stash comes in handy sometimes, like at a drive-thru window (pharmacies and fast-food joints) or at a tire air pump.

Mine is both on purpose and they just pile up. I started doing it when cellphones weren't a thing and payphones cost a quarter, so I kept quarters in my car for emergency phone calls. Even now, the stash comes in handy sometimes, like at a drive-thru window (pharmacies and fast-food joints) or at a tire air pump.
I get a fountain pop at Circle K for .74 (member price) daily. The change stays pretty balanced out that way!

Now that would be worth $2.00(y)