Dover 2022/2023

I really wish the Ohio Cardinal could work out with Dover but I feel long term even Phila will not last. A possible solution,

2 Tier Federal
Large
Mckinley
Glen Oak
Jackson
Perry
Green
Hoover
Lake

Small
Dover
Louisville
New Phila
Alliance
Marlington - this one worries me
Canton CC (if St Thomas closes CCC would be even more competitive)

Football - division only, no crossover (5 league games)
Can still schedule large schools as non conf. games. CCC already plays s couple,

Basketball & Baseball
Division twice, crossover once
(17 league games)

Another possibility is CVCA unless they have found a new home since leaving the PAC

I really wish the Ohio Cardinal could work out with Dover but I feel long term even Phila will not last. A possible solution,

2 Tier Federal
Large
Mckinley
Glen Oak
Jackson
Perry
Green
Hoover
Lake

Small
Dover
Louisville
New Phila
Alliance

Can still schedule large schools as non conf. games. CCC already plays s couple,

Basketball & Baseball
(17 league games)

Another possibility is CVCA unless they have found a new home since leaving the PAC
Even stand alone, I like that small school division.

Dig-It Carrollton is not the smallest in the league , but they are all very close.
Alliance 312
Marlington 260
Carrollton 245
Salem 235
Minerva 231
West Branch 230.
Then if this league would ever happen, which I can't see it happening,
Wooster 426
Dover 363
Louisville 357
New Philly 340
Wow I didn’t realize Marlington is that small. I thought Marlington, Alliance, Louisville, Dover, and Phila were much closer in enrollment.

Even stand alone, I like that small school division.
If they would add CVCA and make it 7 teams. I just thought a 2 tiered federal would benefit both Dover and Phila for preparing them for tourney runs if they are D1 or D2. Plus hopefully give them some decent gates in basketball.

Dover 50 Steubenville 39. Monster night for Devaul 14 points and a ton of rebounds.
Next up Parkersburg South Tuesday February 7 in a rematch from last week this one being the OVAC semi finals.

Dover 50 Steubenville 39. Monster night for Devaul 14 points and a ton of rebounds.
Next up Parkersburg South Tuesday February 7 in a rematch from last week this one being the OVAC semi finals.
Brett had his best game of the season and was definitely the bright spot last night against a below avg Big Red team.

If we play like that against Parkersburg on Tuesday, we will be in big trouble.

Dover was voted the #11 seed in the D1 NEO-East Super District. The draw will be tomorrow.

Dover was voted the #11 seed in the D1 NEO-East Super District. The draw will be tomorrow.
Also after looking into the voting, it looks like all the teams Dover beat (Hudson, Massillon, Lake, Perry, Ellet) ranked them lower than the 11 seed, so they must not have been impressed in person.

Dover May win a game or 2. Philly will be on upset alert after 2 games in tournament if they lost to Stubenville tonight. That amazes me. 2nd best team in eastern district loses to a below average Stubenville team. Congrats to Big Red !

Also after looking into the voting, it looks like all the teams Dover beat (Hudson, Massillon, Lake, Perry, Ellet) ranked them lower than the 11 seed, so they must not have been impressed in person.
Dover has not looked impressive in a lot of games this year but they get the job done anyway. I think you may have pointed out that the basketball team is winning all the close games after the football team struggled in the close ones.
Huge game Tuesday and potentially Saturday.

Dover has not looked impressive in a lot of games this year but they get the job done anyway. I think you may have pointed out that the basketball team is winning all the close games after the football team struggled in the close ones.
Huge game Tuesday and potentially Saturday.
Agreed. I wonder if those close games make all those teams think “we should have beat them”, which is definitely how I felt during most of the football losses from Dover’s point of view.

Agreed. I wonder if those close games make all those teams think “we should have beat them”, which is definitely how I felt during most of the football losses from Dover’s point of view.
I would certainly think Hudson would feel that way considering they blew a 19 point 4th quarter lead, and the Massillon game took perfect execution with no timeouts to get a 3 to tie it up.

I know Dover has there two big OVAC games this week, but I'm really interested to see what they do with this River team that supposedly plays great defense to and they beat Steubenville at Steubenville last month by 17,

I know Dover has there two big OVAC games this week, but I'm really interested to see what they do with this River team that supposedly plays great defense to and they beat Steubenville at Steubenville last month by 17,
Dover is closing the season with 4 tough games, Parkersburg then either Moundsville or wheeling park in the championship or consolation game then River followed by Phila at Phila.
no doubt River has a very good team.

Dover is closing the season with 4 tough games, Parkersburg then either Moundsville or wheeling park in the championship or consolation game then River followed by Phila at Phila.
no doubt River has a very good team.
River is a D4 team that Malvern beat. Dover is D1, shouldn't be close

Why would you say that, Didn't Dover have there hands full with Steubenville this past week,a team that River beat by 17 points at Steubenville and a Steubenville team that just beat Philly, only way I see this not being a close game River has to make the long trip up Dover on a school night and I guess we will see if they come in being a little intimidated

Why would you say that, Didn't Dover have there hands full with Steubenville this past week,a team that River beat by 17 points at Steubenville and a Steubenville team that just beat Philly, only way I see this not being a close game River has to make the long trip up Dover on a school night and I guess we will see if they come in being a little intimidated
I think it will be a close game. As you said the River-Big Red, Big Red-Dover, Dover-Phila, Big Red-Phila games indicate these teams are all somewhat comparable.

Dover will beat Parkerburgh S n River, both at home. Park n Philly will be really close games. I say they win 3 out of 4.

2 Tier Federal
Large
Mckinley
Glen Oak
Jackson
Perry
Green
Hoover
Lake

Small
Dover
Louisville
New Phila
Alliance

Basketball & Baseball
(17 league games)

Another possibility is CVCA unless they have found a new home si

2 Tier Federal
Large
Mckinley
Glen Oak
Jackson
Perry
Green
Hoover
Lake

Small
Dover
Louisville
New Phila
Alliance

Basketball & Baseball
(17 league games)

Replace Marlington with Wooster. Let the Generals go back to the Federal League where they were fine except Football.

Dover advances to OVAC championship with 59-53 win over Parkersburg South.
Another great game with South,they are a solid program and can press you to death.
Several kids with solid games,3 in double figures and another with 9. Bronson had some great plays tonight.

Good win. The curly haired kid from the first game from South injured his knee last night. Hope he’s able to come back soon. Heard he’s going to YSU to play WR.

Replace Marlington with Wooster. Let the Generals go back to the Federal League where they were fine except Football.
I would love that but I have to ask “why would Wooster make the move”. They have a nice league in the OCC. I selected teams that would need to find a home, Wooster did not meet that.

Dover plays Morgantown saturday in the OVAC 5A championship. Morgantown is a very good team, but their starting point guard will be out due to injury. It should be a close game all the way through, with morgantown missing their best player, we will see how they play it out.