Donald Trump is making 60 Minutes must see TV

fish82

Y

You mean 2008 when the dems expanded their leads in the house and senate, and took the White House? Yep. Happening again. Only this time you have a president that makes George W. Bush look like George Washington. Republicans won’t be in control ever again unless they rebrand them selves
2008 as in the last time you people were making moronic claims like this lol.

4GX

I agree. But having a 6-3 court is not good either. If Biden were smart, what he'd do is expand the court to 11. Make it a 6-5 court, with advantage to the conservatives. It will drive the far left nuts, but it's the best way to handle it. The prevailing thought getting thrown around calls for just this strategy...it's not a terrible strategy.

I would argue that expansion of the SCOTUS should go even beyond that so that it is more reflective of the country as a whole. Also, it will not allow the whims of the electorate to jack around the court just because someone dies. The folks serve for a LONG time. Someone needs to step up and depoliticize the court. That someone should be Biden.
I agree. But having a 6-3 court is not good either. If Biden were smart, what he'd do is expand the court to 11. Make it a 6-5 court, with advantage to the conservatives. It will drive the far left nuts, but it's the best way to handle it. The prevailing thought getting thrown around calls for just this strategy...it's not a terrible strategy.

I would argue that expansion of the SCOTUS should go even beyond that so that it is more reflective of the country as a whole. Also, it will not allow the whims of the electorate to jack around the court just because someone dies. The folks serve for a LONG time. Someone needs to step up and depoliticize the court. That someone should be Biden.
There is nothing wrong with haveing a 6-3 court— we’ve had one before, and we have lots of decisions that are made on a 6-3 basis (in fact, the idea is NOT to have a constant 5-4 split decision on every major issue). If Biden is smart (something he’s never been accused of— but he does have a modicum of common sense), he will do precisely nothing to the Supreme Court— except name a successor to Clarence Thomas (or whomever retires/dies next)...