Does God exist? How do you know or why do you believe?

When attending seminary, we were told that nothing in the scriptures had been refuted. The professors at Liberty were aware of what new ministers would face when they responded to the most significant challenges to their faith! Obviously if that happened God and an after life would have been challenged and refuted as an basis for the origin of life.

Since it's a faith based religion, unbelievers will find it easy to attack it on that basis. We were directed to evangelize the world and wipe the dust off our shoes of the non believers and move on to people who want to hear the scriptures.

For "proof" there has been Life After Death - The Afterlife - Heaven - Paradise | Guideposts described to us. Make your decision on where you will spend eternity carefully. Dismiss it at your peril!

Does Archaeology Support the Bible? | Answers in Genesis

As Rev. Billy Graham preached. "How much of a probability, do you want to take a chance on?" If there's a 10% chance, do want to take it, to spend eternity in HELL?

Your soul will live for eternity, It's your decision where you'll be!

Last edited:
I believe in Sacred Geometry and it does not matter if you believe in a Biblical God or not. I can care less if someone else does or does not believe in God. I am a very spiritual person who does not believe in a Biblical God but is open to the idea. Physical reality is an illusion and we are here to experience emotion.

Last edited:
"God" was a fairy tale first told to calm us about the inevitability and permanence of death. Then it was used for power and control over the simple minded.
Had a social studies teacher who basically said the same. He claimed religion to be "an opiate for the masses " , a Karl Marx quote.

Had a social studies teacher who basically said the same. He claimed religion to be "an opiate for the masses " , a Karl Marx quote.

In my opinion that is the ever-growing size and scope of our federal government gives it enormous power over virtually every aspect of our lives, power that in the wrong hands can be used to reward supporters, exact revenge and punish enemies.

I think "intelligent design" - and "belief in God" are two different things.

No they're not. Intelligent design is the same thing, while being noncommittal on what god actually is. It's somewhat agnostic.

Life on Earth wasn't designed here. Who or what designed it, may or may not be Devine, but it's beyond our capabilities to understand. It's more intelligent than we are. That should be obvious.

God is just the more refined designer, but from the same side of the ledger.

Even people of faith should agree there isn’t proof, that’s pretty much the point of faith.

There's no proof he doesn't exist, in fact, life here can't be explained without him. Go ahead and try, I frickin' dare you.

Safe to say you'll go with something smart-alecky rather than provide an actual answer because, well...that's what you do.

The last time I looked this is a DEBATE FORUM. If you don't want to hear any opinions that differs from yours, what are you doing here?If you are that thin skinned than don't participate?‍♂️

Nice try dope. You're a non-Christian on a thread about God. I welcome all your atheist God hating opinions.

You're not God. You're no ones judge. Hope this helps.

The response ep hopes for: HOW CAN YOU SAY SUCH A THING?!?!?!?!?

The response he is getting: Believe what you want. God will judge it someday. God bless.

ep is his own God. Same with boob99. They sit on the throne of their lives. Sad.

Only fools say in their hearts,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, and their actions are evil;
not one of them does good!" - Psalm 14:1

There's no proof he doesn't exist, in fact, life here can't be explained without him. Go ahead and try, I frickin' dare you.

Safe to say you'll go with something smart-alecky rather than provide an actual answer because, well...that's what you do.
The fact there is no proof it exists proves it doesn’t exist.

I doubt it. However, history and current events are proving the old wisdom true: humanity is a subservient species who’s psyche cannot handle the destruction of the idea of superior beings that offer judgement amongst other things. Without this idea, humans become prone to various neuroticisms, most notably meaninglessness, hopelessness, and nihilism. Humans turn inward to fill these holes, resulting in the rise of authoritarianism as people and concepts with grand visions for a material utopia gain religious-like exaltation. Freedom is lost in the process. Speech is curtailed to prevent people from facing disagreement. Achievement is demonized to preserve the mental fragility of the un-achievers. Science is made a tool to promote the grand vision, disregarding sums and proofs that are irreconcilable. And history is likewise rewritten, to demonize all that came before as unworthy and evil for not falling in line with the grand vision.

Someone will probably argue that even with the belief in god, authoritarianism reigns. And this is true. Humans are a subservient species that struggles to maintain freedom for any length of time. This is why freedom, once attained, requires vigilance to preserve, as it will be attacked from all sides. We cannot help our nature. But the issue is the psyche of humanity. Without God, we become mentally fragile and crumble at any adversity life throws at us. The meaning of life turns inward, making the sole reason for living to eradicate all such adversity whatever it may be. Safety and self-esteem usurp freedom, and authoritarianism takes control.

"Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. And God isn’t pleased at being ignored." - Romans 8:7-8

Just settle down, everybody. Let’s wait for Bill Gates to make a statement on this, he’s an expert on everything.

I believe in a Jesus so black that most yapsters would reject him unless he was a running back or shooting guard for Ohio State.
Why? The vast majority of people accept and acknowledge that Jesus was not white but rather dark skinned.

Save your racism for another thread.