Do order ahead For Fast Food, when you want to pick it up?

I don't eat a ton of fast food but there does seem to be fewer screw ups when mobile ordering compared to regular drive-thru ordering. And the apps have pretty decent deals.

I don't eat a ton of fast food but there does seem to be fewer screw ups when mobile ordering compared to regular drive-thru ordering. And the apps have pretty decent deals.
Weirdly, this. Is it because they're not on a timer they get the order right more often?

Only order ahead I do is KFC or Popeyes. Because they both have huge deals on their sites/apps compared to their menu prices. 8-piece bucket at KFC is $17.99 now. On their website it's $10.99. You can order it, pay for it, and just give your name when you get there and have it handed to you. No additional waiting.

Popeyes has a 5-piece meal for $10.99. No drink, though. But that's just a code not necessarily for ordering ahead. 8049 if you're curious. Just need to tell them through the drive-thru. The app only gives that code once every week or so. But it's the same code every time. And it always works.

I only ever order ahead for Starbucks, so I can pick it up on my way to work. I do use the Chick Fila app, but that’s the only fast food place I eat at regularly.

Weirdly, this. Is it because they're not on a timer they get the order right more often?

Only order ahead I do is KFC or Popeyes. Because they both have huge deals on their sites/apps compared to their menu prices. 8-piece bucket at KFC is $17.99 now. On their website it's $10.99. You can order it, pay for it, and just give your name when you get there and have it handed to you. No additional waiting.

Popeyes has a 5-piece meal for $10.99. No drink, though. But that's just a code not necessarily for ordering ahead. 8049 if you're curious. Just need to tell them through the drive-thru. The app only gives that code once every week or so. But it's the same code every time. And it always works.

I think the way it works is your order isn’t placed until you give them your name or code. I suspect most screw up are probably the drive thru people putting it in the system wrong or for some reason mobile order tickets are easier to read for the kitchen staff.

I think the way it works is your order isn’t placed until you give them your name or code. I suspect most screw up are probably the drive thru people putting it in the system wrong or for some reason mobile order tickets are easier to read for the kitchen staff.
Guess it depends on the restaurant. KFC has it ready about the time it says it will be ready on the app. If you get there later, it just sits there waiting.

Probably because many adults now have to work multiple jobs to make ends meet, or have to work after “retirement” to have any extra spending money.
I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but adult workers are likely more reliable, better workers than the 16-22 year old group. Also, many of these kids get all the money they need from mommy and daddy so they don't need to work. Some may need the money, but also many just need something to do to get out of the house. Retirement doesn't have to be all travel and day after day of nothing.
I won't go into the fact that many simply never chose to save for retirement, and the numbers of people who will work until they die continue to rise. The job hopping keeps people from investing in their company's 401(k)s and building a nest egg.

Some may need the money, but also many just need something to do to get out of the house. Retirement doesn't have to be all travel and day after day of nothing.
There are many things retirees can do to get out of the house without having to put up with the hectic nature and uncouth customers that a fast-food restaurant provides. No one is working at a fast-food restaurant just because it’s something to do.
I won't go into the fact that many simply never chose to save for retirement, and the numbers of people who will work until they die continue to rise. The job hopping keeps people from investing in their company's 401(k)s and building a nest egg.
The latter assessment is a poor understanding of reality. Investing for retirement is usually tied to salary/wages. The higher the wages, the better chance you have the freedom to dump money into a retirement vehicle, be it a 401(k) plan or other investing. The best way to increase your salary, realistically, is to job hop to a certain extent.

There are many things retirees can do to get out of the house without having to put up with the hectic nature and uncouth customers that a fast-food restaurant provides. No one is working at a fast-food restaurant just because it’s something to do.

The latter assessment is a poor understanding of reality. Investing for retirement is usually tied to salary/wages. The higher the wages, the better chance you have the freedom to dump money into a retirement vehicle, be it a 401(k) plan or other investing. The best way to increase your salary, realistically, is to job hop to a certain extent.
The issue becomes the people who job hop every year or even every 6 months. If you never stay anywhere for more than a year, you almost never are giving any real effort to the job. You are just looking for the next one.

The issue becomes the people who job hop every year or even every 6 months. If you never stay anywhere for more than a year, you almost never are giving any real effort to the job. You are just looking for the next one.
True, I would imagine sooner or later a resume filled with short-lived jobs becomes a red flag to any hiring manager worth their salt.

You'd be surprised.

No, not really. I work in benefits for a company, and am the one who introduces the retirement plan to workers. Most have a pretty good understanding due to someone in their life telling them they need to do it.
My push is this, most companies offer some kind of match because believe it or not, the big bad company does want their employees to save for retirement. If you choose to not save anything, fine. But if you choose to put in even 2%, your take home likely isn't affected because most typical 401(k)s are pre-taxed dollars. So if you are 22 years old and retirement isn't even in your brain yet, still put in 2%, get at least part of the company match and you've at least started the process. Also, most company 401(k)s are easy to roll over, either to an IRA or another company 401(k). I feel that most of the issue of people not saving for retirement is simply on them for not taking initiative to do so. The tools have been there for most workers lives.

In general, a job hopper is likely a poor worker who has every excuse in the world not to work, so they basically quit before they get let go. Not every case, sometimes there are legitimate reasons. But most employers who find a good employee will do alot to try to keep a good worker.

In general, a job hopper is likely a poor worker who has every excuse in the world not to work, so they basically quit before they get let go. Not every case, sometimes there are legitimate reasons. But most employers who find a good employee will do alot to try to keep a good worker.
Then offer your current employees better pay raises. That's the problem. If your job is paying you $40k a year, and only giving you a $2k raise for performance review, but another company is offering you $55k... guess which one you're taking.

it's disingenuous to say that they're poor workers, when businesses themselves headhunt for new hires much more than they're ever willing to pay their current employees to stay.

My push is this, most companies offer some kind of match because believe it or not, the big bad company does want their employees to save for retirement.
Most small to midsize companies offer a safe harbor contribution — be it a match of 401(k) deferrals or a flat 3% contribution — because that mandatory contribution allows their owners and highest-paid employees to make large retirement contributions without running afoul of IRS testing. The owners don’t want to be constricted by their rank-and-file employees’ low or non-existent contribution rates. Of course, they will push this mandatory contribution as an act of benevolence and wanting their low-paid staff to save for retirement when in reality the main benefit is for the highest-paid folks and ownership/management.
I feel that most of the issue of people not saving for retirement is simply on them for not taking initiative to do so. The tools have been there for most workers lives.
If an employee is living paycheck to paycheck, as millions and millions of Americans are, saving for retirement becomes a secondary concern, as the most important thing is paying for immediate needs.

Then offer your current employees better pay raises. That's the problem. If your job is paying you $40k a year, and only giving you a $2k raise for performance review, but another company is offering you $55k... guess which one you're taking.

it's disingenuous to say that they're poor workers, when businesses themselves headhunt for new hires much more than they're ever willing to pay their current employees to stay.
Yes and no. Respectfully, you better be a hell of an employee if you want $20k+ in raises a year. Also, for $20k+ you should expect more responsibilities.

To me the issue isn't the people who are taking 20K+ raises to go elsewhere after 2+ years. Its the people who job hop every 6 months to a year for 5-10k raises when they haven't even let the review process go through.

It's a mixed bag and let's focus on what you just said. So you're going to lure an employee from another company simply by offering more money. They have no idea what the job is, the company culture, who they'll be working with. That's one way to bring in a bad seed to a good company. Most people leave jobs for other reasons than money.

Most small to midsize companies offer a safe harbor contribution — be it a match of 401(k) deferrals or a flat 3% contribution — because that mandatory contribution allows their owners and highest-paid employees to make large retirement contributions without running afoul of IRS testing. The owners don’t want to be constricted by their rank-and-file employees’ low or non-existent contribution rates. Of course, they will push this mandatory contribution as an act of benevolence and wanting their low-paid staff to save for retirement when in reality the main benefit is for the highest-paid folks and ownership/management.

If an employee is living paycheck to paycheck, as millions and millions of Americans are, saving for retirement becomes a secondary concern, as the most important thing is paying for immediate needs.
Boy you have a bad taste in your mouth from corporate America. The safe harbor is a win win for both high a low paid employees. As I said before, if your company offers a match, that's money on the table you are leaving there by not participating in the 401(k) plan. Give yourself a pay raise. MINIMALLY, 2% and your take home pay doesn't change. You're just handing Uncle Sam part of what could be your retirement money.