Division VI State Championship: New Middletown Springfield (14-0) vs. Anna (13-1)

Who wins?

• Anna by 15+

Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Anna by 8-14

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Anna by 1-7

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Springfield by 1-7

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Springfield by 8-14

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Springfield by 15+

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is an Anna team that has dominated every opponent besides Marion Local. Quite possibly the most dominant offensive MAC team in recent history/statistically nearly ever. Springfield sounds like they are fighting hard. They are just running into a buzzsaw.

Tigers are hanging in there. This is were it will count. MAC teams are usually 2nd half dominating due to playing most of entire games. First drive after half NMS need score. Anna will wear you down.

Sophomore QB mistake... Dang!
That'll just about do it! Needed a perfect half to have a chance. 34-14 Anna, 10:09 left in 3rd QTR

I will pose the question as I have claimed it but not sure if it is true, Macsters.......has there ever been a more dominant offensive team in the MAC than Anna? I know the years that St. Johns were good, they would dominate teams offensively, but has anyone ever had a statistical year this great in the history of the MAC?

Congrats Anna! Well deserved and left no doubt. Congrats to Springfield as well. That's a well coached team. I know you don't feel you played your best game... but I was impressed despite being one dimensional Springfield was able to mount a couple scoring drives there in the first half. Anna has done this too a number of good teams so don't hang your head. Lets Go FLyers!!!

I will pose the question as I have claimed it but not sure if it is true, Macsters.......has there ever been a more dominant offensive team in the MAC than Anna? I know the years that St. Johns were good, they would dominate teams offensively, but has anyone ever had a statistical year this great in the history of the MAC?
I would say they have to be up there. That was a statement title game. Like I said before Anna only had 2 teams they didn’t running clock this year. ML they lost too and Minster who they still beat by 20. Congrats Rockets ?

Congratulations Springfield for a great season. Hold your heads high-you have had a historic moment being the First Tiger team to make it to the State Title Game. I know it didn't turn out like you wanted but it was a great journey. Good luck next year. Anna was the better opponent today 48-14 but you played hard and that's all the fans can ask for. Again, the Mahoning Valley is proud of you.

Congratulations to Coach Marino and the Rockets' seniors - job well done!! You represented your school, your town, and the MAC really well!!

Congrats to the ROCKETS!! very impressive performance, you have done throughout the playoffs..... and to the Springfield team, you ran into a very good team that have done this to about every team it has played this season......Congrats to your team...…..