Division VI Region 21

I just hope that Moggy and NMSL end up on different sides of the bracket. Both teams deserve at least a chance at a rematch in the regional championship game. It has to be difficult for coaches to vote on the seeding. As busy as they are with their own teams I would imagine that they do not get to see very many teams outside their league play, now they have to seed all the teams in the region. IMO that is not a great way to do this, but I will concede that there probably is not good way. I think there would be too few Harbin points to use that system.

I just hope that Moggy and NMSL end up on different sides of the bracket. Both teams deserve at least a chance at a rematch in the regional championship game. It has to be difficult for coaches to vote on the seeding. As busy as they are with their own teams I would imagine that they do not get to see very many teams outside their league play, now they have to seed all the teams in the region. IMO that is not a great way to do this, but I will concede that there probably is not good way. I think there would be too few Harbin points to use that system.
Don't know of a good way for the coaches to vote either, Harbin points may be the only thing they have to go on. Wayne County coaches have never seen 70% of the teams in the region.

Do you have a screen-shot of the bracket?

From some of the posts above, sounds like Pymatuning Valley will be exiting rather quickly (too bad they get one of the byes). I don't know anything about them or who they've beaten.

I'm not sure what United has done to deserve the 6th seed and a bye either. They're 4-1, but with all their wins over teams with losing records. I see them getting crushed by Canton Central Catholic in the 2nd round.

I got a feeling coaches just went off Joe Eitel and voted chalk. I doubt these coaches knew about other teams outside of their wheelhouse, or even cared to truly investigate.

I got a feeling coaches just went off Joe Eitel and voted chalk. I doubt these coaches knew about other teams outside of their wheelhouse, or even cared to truly investigate.

I do think it is tough to vote for this with only 5 games (less for some) to go off of and most teams only playing inside their league bubble.

Anyone have a screenshot of the bracket? The links do not seem to be operating right now.

They will officially be posted soon but here is how I remember the seeding:
1. Springfield
2. Wickliffe
3. Norwayne
4. Mogadore
5. Py Valley
6. United
7. Brookfield
8/9 was Trinity and Columbia, do not remember which was which
10. Labrae
11. CCC
12. Hillsdale
13. Do not remember
14. Mineral Ridge
15. Do not remember
16. Western Reserve
17. Columbiana

East Canton and Smithville are probably the 13 and 15.

1. Springfield
2. Wickliffe
3. Norwayne
4. Mogadore
5. Py Valley
6. United
7. Brookfield
10. Labrae
11. CCC
12. Hillsdale
13. Do not remember
14. Mineral Ridge
15. Do not remember
16. Western Reserve
17. Columbiana

Py valley waaaay to high.

1. Springfield
2. Wickliffe
3. Norwayne
4. Mogadore
5. Py Valley
6. United
7. Brookfield
10. Labrae
11. CCC
12. Hillsdale
13. Do not remember
14. Mineral Ridge
15. Do not remember
16. Western Reserve
17. Columbiana

You left out St Thomas Aquinas....they are the 9 seed. Here's the seedings:

1. Springfield
2. Wickliffe
3. Norwayne
4. Mogadore
5. Pymatuning Valley
6. United
7. Brookfield
8. Trinity
9. St. Thomas Aquinas
10. Labrae
11. Can. Central Catholic
12. Hillsdale
13. Columbia
14. Mineral Ridge
15. Smithville
16. Western Reserve
17. Columbiana
18. East Canton
19. Wellington
20. Black River
21. Campbell Memorial
22. Tusky Valley
23. Middlefield Cardinal
24. Newton Falls
25. Rittman
26. Oberlin

You left out St Thomas Aquinas....they are the 9 seed. Here's the seedings:

1. Springfield
2. Wickliffe
3. Norwayne
4. Mogadore
5. Pymatuning Valley
6. United
7. Brookfield
8. Trinity
9. St. Thomas Aquinas
10. Labrae
11. Can. Central Catholic
12. Hillsdale
13. Columbia
14. Mineral Ridge
15. Smithville
16. Western Reserve
17. Columbiana
18. East Canton
19. Wellington
20. Black River
21. Campbell Memorial
22. Tusky Valley
23. Middlefield Cardinal
24. Newton Falls
25. Rittman
26. Oberlin

Dang my memory failed me lol.

Just quickly looking I think the final 8 will end up
Springfield vs. Aquinas
Wickliffe vs. Brookfield
Norwayne vs. CCC
Mogadore vs Hillsdale

Lots of interesting matchups. What was the thought behind seeding before the last games were done? Could lead to some interesting things like seeds who played each other and teams that best a higher seed in week 6 but seeded lower.

Tough region, some good games to be had in the next few weeks. Mogadore-Springfield, Norwayne-Wickliffe, some teams who could make some noise, CCC, Aquinas, Hillsdale, maybe United. Hope all of the teams stay healthy and the dreaded Covid gets no one.