Division V State Championship: Ironton (15-0) vs. South Range (15-0)

Who wins?

• Ironton by 17+

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Ironton by 8-16

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Ironton by 1-7

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • South Range by 1-7

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • South Range by 8-16

Votes: 52 31.7%
  • South Range by 17+

Votes: 27 16.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know they have constraints on times and stuff. But starting a state championship game at 10:30 am is absurd. Need second field to allow shorter breaks between games and t least start a state champ game at 12:00 noon.

Almost game time. Still don't know how this will go, so will just stick to...

Ironton 35
South Range 34
3OT

South Range 35
Ironton 34
3OT

Last edited:
I have to admit, I'm becoming a little leery about this game for the Tigers. Ironton has, this season, now beaten the best D5 schools southeast Ohio has to offer, presumably the best of the Cincy/Dayton area in Valley View, and the best of the Columbus area in Harvest Prep. If we can't hang with SR, that sure would seem to indicate a huge gap between NE Ohio & the rest of the state. Still...go Tigers.

Great video and testimony. Shame that I've seen many Catholic school players and fans fail to do as much. Humility tends to take a back seat. "It's not about YOU" It's a team effort. 1st down signals, high stepping into the endzone, taunting, superman poses, etc. seem to be on the rise...especially in the higher divisions. And refs ignore it. Celebrate with your team as it is a TEAM sport.
Strength in Humility. 😉

South Range QB is an absolute thorughbred, it's a shame that some MAC schools aren't on this kid. Also, what a GREAT first play by Ironton there.

ironton wearing 1960s Cleveland Browns away uniforms. (seal brown jerseys white pants) Classic Cleveland Browns pattern helmets.

naww the jerseys are apparently black.