Division One, State of Ohio, Final Four: Elder vs Springfield

After watching the Springfield/Coffman game I fell pretty good about Elder's chances here. Springfield has 2 RBs who are very physical. Elder will need to wrap up when tackling. The QB has a better touch with the long ball than shorter throws. He doesn't get much time to throw the ball. They do have a nice WR. Where I see Elder having a huge advantage is with the O-Line. They should have a field day. Luebbe will have a lot of time to throw. They only get pressure when they blitz. I look for Ramsey to have a big game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Elder put up 40 points. That being said, I'm usually wrong.

Thank you for redirecting the conversation to what's important, The Elder Panthers.
3 Questions:
1. Can we draw any conclusions from the fact that Springfield lost to Fairfield, and didn't do not throw up many points last week?
2. Do we think that Elder may be their only enemy in this game this week, Ie bad Interceptions, Holding onto the ball too long, or fumbling as we saw in the Colerain game.
3. Finally, where is the tailgate lot? I checked out the Google Maps view and there seemed to be a lot of grassy fields and cornfields but not a lot of parking space for 8200 people

After watching the Springfield/Coffman game I fell pretty good about Elder's chances here. Springfield has 2 RBs who are very physical. Elder will need to wrap up when tackling. The QB has a better touch with the long ball than shorter throws. He doesn't get much time to throw the ball. They do have a nice WR. Where I see Elder having a huge advantage is with the O-Line. They should have a field day. Luebbe will have a lot of time to throw. They only get pressure when they blitz. I look for Ramsey to have a big game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Elder put up 40 points. That being said, I'm usually wrong.
Also is Ramsey going to play this week?

Also is Ramsey going to play this week?
Regardless, they’ll need to continue to involve Postel and Vollmer in the Offense. Postel very quietly had 5 catches last week. Vollmer added 3. Between the two of them, Royer, Larkin’s, and either Ramsey/Sabato, someone is going to be left with a favorable matchup.

I would be, the Springfield front 7 is stout, as good, if not better than Colerain. Just bc Springfield isn’t a traditional doesn’t mean they can’t win this game.

Hoping to see a lot of purple in the stands on Friday. The boys in purple have earned and deserve your support. If you are trying to decide between watching it on TV or going to the game, do them a favor and go to the stadium! They can't hear you through their TV's even though some of you scream loud enough that you think they do. This is a once and a lifetime opportunity for many of these kids and for a lot of them it could be their final game or 2 of their football days. Nothing more special than playing in front of a loud packed house and seeing a sea of purple cheering you on!

Get to Piqua, get loud & let's get a W!

As of last night Elder had sold out it's allotment of paper tickets. Rain in the forecast may drive people away, but I would expect a fairly big Elder contingent. It's been 10 years since Elder has made it this far, puts into perspective how difficult it is to get to this point. I would bet (and I hope) Elder Nation is out in full force.

As of last night Elder had sold out it's allotment of paper tickets. Rain in the forecast may drive people away, but I would expect a fairly big Elder contingent. It's been 10 years since Elder has made it this far, puts into perspective how difficult it is to get to this point. I would bet (and I hope) Elder Nation is out in full force.
Not seeing rain forecasted any longer. Looks like similar weather to the past 2 weeks. Really glad the windstorm is hitting today and not Friday, that would be pretty rough on E’s Passing game.

Not seeing rain forecasted any longer. Looks like similar weather to the past 2 weeks. Really glad the windstorm is hitting today and not Friday, that would be pretty rough on E’s Passing game.

Should be similar to last weeks game, which was very comfortable for a playoff game. Although if they can make it to Canton, idc if we have 2002 weather again!

Should be similar to last weeks game, which was very comfortable for a playoff game. Although if they can make it to Canton, idc if we have 2002 weather again!

I agree, but I was thinking about weather in terms of it’s impact on the game.

Amen to that....the coldest game I've ever been to was Elder/Colerain back in the 90's. As windy then as it is today. Elder lost on a pick six. Why Grippa decided to throw a screen pass in that area of the field still baffles me.

Amen to that....the coldest game I've ever been to was Elder/Colerain back in the 90's. As windy then as it is today. Elder lost on a pick six. Why Grippa decided to throw a screen pass in that area of the field still baffles me.

I vaguely remember that game, only bc of how cold it was, which was surprising bc I think that was played on a Saturday afternoon?

If I recall correctly that's the year Colerain ended up forfeiting all of their games for using an ineligible player.

That was the 1995 team. Grippa lost another playoff game due to the rain in 1988, this time to Princeton at unWelcome Stadium. I had Coach for Psychology that same semester. He talked about the loss for a few minutes several weeks later based on a random student question about regret. He said he firmly believed Elder would have won that night sans the rain because of the dominant passing game -- Steve Keller. (Princeton had already beaten Elder at The Pit earlier that same season by one point.) It was a bit of a boring class at time but I remember distinctly everyone in rapt attention when he talked about this game. You could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice how much he regretted that slick turf field that night.

That was just a fantastic experience all the way around. The snow falling made those all purple uniforms stand out even more. Just a fun night.

I vaguely remember that game, only bc of how cold it was, which was surprising bc I think that was played on a Saturday afternoon?

I remember it in the afternoon as well. Very cold and very windy. The Elder passing attack could never get on track. The defense played well and kept them in the game. The wind just wreaked havoc on Lammers and company.

If I recall correctly that's the year Colerain ended up forfeiting all of their games for using an ineligible player.
Ivan Pace who’s son’s played the last two years against Elder in the playoffs - Ivan Jr is at Miami and Deshawn will be going to UC