Division IV State Semifinal: Bloom-Carroll (14-0) vs. Clinton-Massie (12-1)

Who wins?

• Bloom-Carroll by 17+

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 8-16

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 1-7

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Clinton-Massie by 1-7

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Clinton-Massie by 8-16

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Clinton-Massie by 17+

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

From what I know about these two teams (which isn’t much) I’d have to go with Clinton Massie to win. I’m guessing that with the strength of their program they are more battle tested than Bloom Carroll.

Game will be played at Performance Stadium @ Volunteer Field (Jonathan Alder). I know about Massie but nothing about Bloom-Carroll. On paper their Defense looks good they have only given up 12 points in the playoffs so far.

re: Bloom-Carroll vs Bloom Carroll -- it's inconclusive.

Joe Eitel and the school's Twitter account for sports (@BCBulldogsports) have it as hyphenated. The Lancaster Eagle-Gazette hyphenates it.

Longtime Mid-State League historian Marlo Mills, who taught at BC, has the school listed with and without the hyphen in the digital copy of MSL records he compiled from Fall '99 through Spring '19.

I do, also, see some references by BC Twitter accounts that stylize the school without the hyphen. ???

When I was growing up, the rule I had imprinted into my head was "Amanda has the hyphen, Bloom doesn't." But more often than not I have found myself writing it with the hyphen.

Bloom Carroll was a state semi-finalist last season as well. Not sure how many players returned from last season. They steam-rolled through their schedule this year. Obviously, they don’t have the playoff history of Clinton-Massie. But I imagine Bloom-Carroll won’t be coming into the game “just happy to be here”. I am expecting this to be one of the better matchups this weekend.

The Hyphen in on the Letterhead and all over the webiste, seems cut and dry to me. If hyphen is not somewhere, those were just done in error.

The Hyphen in on the Letterhead and all over the webiste, seems cut and dry to me. If hyphen is not somewhere, those were just done in error.
Who cares. Lets talk about the game.

This should be a good one. Carroll returns a lot of players from last year, and is a very senior dominate team. Not sure what Massie's roster looks like, but they're always very stout and in the hunt for a state title. This is by and far the best team Bloom has played in the past couple of years. St. Clairsville was pretty physical with them, and it gave them fits at times. Massie will be more physical, with the athletes to match. This should be interesting. I'm pulling for BC, but I think Massie wins this one and goes on to play for another state championship.

I've been told Bloom-Carroll has an outstanding defense this season. Clinton-Massie is a battle tested program and team in 2021. They played a strong OOC schedule that helps prepare them for this time of year. They'll be physical and difficult to stop. Can anyone give us info on BC? Offensively and defensively?

Clinton Massie for some reason makes me think of the movie Friday Night Lights. Not sure if they are the most athletic team, but they play hard and it is for sure the most important thing going on in that area. I would love to see them win it all.

CM is more physical. BC is faster. BC’s quarter back is about a buck 20, but quick and accurate. Oline is good size, but kinda soft. They don’t drop many passes and they can run outside well. Defense is good, but I don’t see them stopping CM. BC has to strike early and keep CM chasing points. If it were me, I’d take my chances running a play on 4th down, punting only helps them burn the clock. CM’s defensive backs are vulnerable, so if BC can continue to catch passes, it will be a close one.

I’ll take CM, 37 to 34.

Bloom Carroll’s defense has done nothing but be outstanding! With that being said I think they get enough stops to win this game. BC 24-21.

Bloom Carroll’s defense has done nothing but be outstanding! With that being said I think they get enough stops to win this game. BC 24-21.
Cm is one dimensional but get the job done
BC beat Heath and St Clarsville which are run heavy teams also
BC wins this

Who cares.
Hey, that hyphen is important. Trademark attorneys may be getting involved before this is over.

Wow, Bulldogs have just gotten better and better over the last 6-7 years. The Carroll community seems to be doing a great job investing in their kids' education and athletics. Best of luck, BC - I mean, B-C.

interesting matchup. Two senior heavy teams. BC went deep last year. CM also had a nice run last year and has a lot of tradition. BC seems to lean on their Defense. This is gonna be a battle of two very good teams. Team with the least mistakes wins. There will be no coming back from mistakes in this game.

Not much chatter about this game. I thought CM fans would be fired up after last Fridays nailbiter.

Not much chatter about this game. I thought CM fans would be fired up after last Fridays nailbiter.
I actually like the silence from CM fans. Just goes to show you where the program is at! Going this far is nothing new to them.

Have to say much respect for McNick, What a game ! Not sure what you have coming back next year? But but to watch. This time of the year, everything matters., Evacuation ! who does it better. Not much you can say. Going to seat back and watch the and enjoy. Good luck to both teams moving forward.

C-M 14 B-C 7 at the half

This has been a great game. Bloom defense is as advertised. C-M was able to get the momentum back in their favor in the second quarter. Great physical ball game. This is the type of game that I hate to see someone lose. Both of these teams are playing their hearts out.
This game reminds me of a heavyweight prize fight. It’s still in the air. I hope the winner brings home the title next week!

This was a great game. Seemed like massie was going to play their game and dominate the second half. Credit to the bulldogs. They never gave up. They turned the tide in the fourth quarter. They took advantage of the muffed punt and made the critical stop on the fake punt. Good luck to massie next week. Bring home another title to Clarksville.