(23-0)Waynesville 55 (22-5)Versailles 45
(21-5)Cincinnati Purcell Marian 52 (18-9)Amanda Clearcreek 30
Regional Final: (24-0)Waynesville 39 (22-5)Cincinnati Purcell Marian 35

STATE SEMI FINALS
(26-2)Berlin Hiland vs.(27-0)Columbus Africentric
(25-0)Waynesville vs.(25-1)Doylestown Chippewa
STATE FINAL

Last edited:

Columbus Africentric must have had another good recruiting year.

It's something akin to the sun rising in the east every morning. Lol.

I believe all 5 starters will play D I college basketball. You can't out-athlete them. But Dave Schlabach has a 5-4 record against them. He will have a plan - assuming that game happens. My guess is he will muck the game up and try to out-physical them.

It's something akin to the sun rising in the east every morning. Lol.

I believe all 5 starters will play D I college basketball. You can't out-athlete them. But Dave Schlabach has a 5-4 record against them. He will have a plan - assuming that game happens. My guess is he will muck the game up and try to out-physical them.

It makes me sick..

In the end, it's just HS basketball.

I look at it this way - I want AC to exist. I want them to "acquire" the talent that they get because I enjoy watching them play. I just want them to play for state championships in a division that is befitting their talent level. Put them into DI, and not only are the capable of competing, they are capable of winning that crown. Put them in the lower divisions, and you are demonstrating the problem of competitive imbalance because small towns and rural areas do not have the ability to accrue the same level of talent.

I think AC will go to D2 next year and Hiland will likely go back to D4 According to a source. Which won’t make D4 programs very happy.

I wouldn't be so sure about Hiland returning to DIV. Their headcount for this 2-year cycle was 119 girls. Their headcount for the upcoming 2-year cycle is 120 girls. 120 might keep them in DIII even if they have no CB add-ons.

Hiland 51
Wheelersburg 23
End of 3

Elyria Catholic 31
Chippewa 18
End of 3
EC has been sloppy with the basketball, Chippewa is having a dreadful shooting day.

Berlin Hiland 61
Wheelersburg 23
Final

Chippewa 36
Elyria Catholic 36
2:30 4th
Chippewa keeps creating turnovers and finally started to make some shots.

You guys make me sick online. Africentric is a public school who most of the girls played middle school together. Even Walker and Horston and several others played middle school together, Walker went to Hartley a half a year then got into Africentric which is a lottery based public school. The others went to same middle school. Berlin Hiland I will give them respect because they're a rural school that will schedule tough non league games to prepare and their coach get them ready in off season but the other schools have just as much of advantage to be better since they been together since kindergarten. Please stop with the recruiting allegations.

Also you do have an advantage with fans when your whole town don't have nothing better to do except go to the local game. Most of the kids who go to Africentric can't even afford a ticket to the game. Also the HS is only 15 years old. So no history with the school alumni base.

Also you do have an advantage with fans when your whole town don't have nothing better to do except go to the local game. Most of the kids who go to Africentric can't even afford a ticket to the game. Also the HS is only 15 years old. So no history with the school alumni base.

More Amazing...they've had a basketball program for 15 years and consistently make it to state. ??

You guys make me sick online. Africentric is a public school who most of the girls played middle school together. Even Walker and Horston and several others played middle school together, Walker went to Hartley a half a year then got into Africentric which is a lottery based public school. The others went to same middle school. Berlin Hiland I will give them respect because they're a rural school that will schedule tough non league games to prepare and their coach get them ready in off season but the other schools have just as much of advantage to be better since they been together since kindergarten. Please stop with the recruiting allegations.

Seriously? I mean come on dude.

Seriously? I mean come on dude.

Seriously all your jabs at Africentric are uncalled for. 15 years from a city with talented girls and the All-Ohio program right here. They would win every division if given the opportunity. Don’t be mad just because the teams you cheer for can’t compete. Be happy that inner city girls are getting a chance for free college. They gave the rural towns competitive balance and the transfer rule and people still complaining.

Seriously all your jabs at Africentric are uncalled for. 15 years from a city with talented girls and the All-Ohio program right here. They would win every division if given the opportunity. Don’t be mad just because the teams you cheer for can’t compete. Be happy that inner city girls are getting a chance for free college. They gave the rural towns competitive balance and the transfer rule and people still complaining.

"they would win every division if given the opportunity". Lol..but they are playing div. 3. Lol.

And here's the "don't be mad because the teams you cheer for can't compete". Who can compete against a school that trolls the city of Columbus for talent?

I hope my post above indicated that I don't resent the Nubians at all. They play where the OHSAA tells them to play. They should be playing in DI but that's not in their control.

It's true that kids at Hiland also have advantages that A.C. kids don't, but the main one is they have possibly the best girls HS coach in the country. OTOH, every time they step on the floor with A.C. they are at a talent disadvantage. In any athletic contest, size, strength, speed, and athleticism is the trump card. Hiland's coach can do all kinds of things to keep his team in the game and win, but if talent is the deciding factor - which it almost always is - all the other advantages a team like Hiland has don't matter.

I think the resentment comes when you put two teams on the floor to compete and it's obvious that the one is drastically different than the other. But that's not an Africentric problem. They shouldn't have to apologize for what they are. It is an OHSAA problem for essentially telling us they are the same - or at least comparable - based on enrollment numbers. It's a joke.

Last edited:
"they would win every division if given the opportunity". Lol..but they are playing div. 3. Lol.

And here's the "don't be mad because the teams you cheer for can't compete". Who can compete against a school that trolls the city of Columbus for talent?

Well Africentric is in Columbus so that's where the players live. If they where in Cleveland or Cincinnai they would probably go to a school in that city. Like I said all those girls went to Africentric in middle school or AIMS which is a downtown middle school. No 3 team in nation and but a top ten D1 team by 43 at their place. Also beat Pickerington Central (who will win D1) in a foundation game on Nov 24th by 5. Also the OHSAA has given the rural places a chance with the transfer rules and competitive balance in place. Africentric should be D4 actually.