Division III Football Preseason Poll (08/26/19)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1 Kenston (Chagrin Falls) (301) [25]
2 Bishop Hartley (Columbus) (274) [4]
3 Trotwood-Madison (Trotwood) (258) [3]
4 Steubenville (Steubenville) (228) [1]
5 Archbishop Alter (Kettering) (225) [4]
6 St Vincent-St Mary (Akron) (209) [2]
7 Chaminade Julienne (Dayton) (96)
8 Wapakoneta (Wapakoneta) (93) [1]
9 Norwalk (Norwalk) (89)
10 East (Akron) (88)

Others - Dover (Dover), Buchtel (Akron), Canfield (Canfield), St Marys Memorial (St Marys), Bishop Watterson (Columbus)

Exactly. They are a D2 team in enrollment that for some reason competitive balance brought them down to D3. It’s a struggle for the rest of D3.
They’re def the favorite, but they didn’t go unblemished last year either. Still on top until someone knocks them off.

They’re def the favorite, but they didn’t go unblemished last year either. Still on top until someone knocks them off.

I think a team that is more athletic than them can beat them. The one team that beat them, Chardon, was probably the fastest team they faced. In the playoffs they faced Canfield, Eastmoor and Alter who are primarily smash mouth football teams. If they face a Trotwood or Bishop Hartley I could see them getting knocked off but other than that i expect them to steam roll everybody.

Alter #5?? You mean the same team that got washed in the state finals by 36?? If i recall correctly, Kenston's kicker, who was a GIRL, tied Alter herself by scoring 6 extra points. The Knights will be lucky if they can win 5 games this season, especially considering that their reign as GCL champs is going to end as my FALCONS are going to take the throne as Kings of the GCL.

Alter #5?? You mean the same team that got washed in the state finals by 36?? If i recall correctly, Kenston's kicker, who was a GIRL, tied Alter herself by scoring 6 extra points. The Knights will be lucky if they can win 5 games this season, especially considering that their reign as GCL champs is going to end as my FALCONS are going to take the throne as Kings of the GCL.
Keyword: State finals. Where did your Falcons finish last year?

Why does it matter that they have a girl kicker? Ignorant post

Your Falcons? That team that got washed by Alter by 25?

Where's Mansfield and all their D1 recruits? All I keep hearing is how they are going to win region 10 this year. At least that's what they are saying in OCC land.

Where's Mansfield and all their D1 recruits? All I keep hearing is how they are going to win region 10 this year. At least that's what they are saying in OCC land.

I’m pretty sure half of D3 could win region 10. All the other regions in D3 are DEEP. Region 9 has Kenston, Canfield, East, Steubenville, Dover, SVSM. Region 11 has Hartley, Eastmoor, Tri-Valley, London, Bellefontaine. Region 12 has Alter, Trotwood, Chaminade, Wapakoneta, Fenwick, St. Mary’s, Mt. Healthy. Region 10 has.... Glenville?

I’m pretty sure half of D3 could win region 10. All the other regions in D3 are DEEP. Region 9 has Kenston, Canfield, East, Steubenville, Dover, SVSM. Region 11 has Hartley, Eastmoor, Tri-Valley, London, Bellefontaine. Region 12 has Alter, Trotwood, Chaminade, Wapakoneta, Fenwick, St. Mary’s, Mt. Healthy. Region 10 has.... Glenville?

Yea Region 10 is awful. Glenville will go their usual 8-2 or 9-1, be a top 3 seed and then sleepwalk through a few playoff games in that region. Last year in that region was awful when the top 3 teams all lost in round 1 of the playoffs (and Clyde isn't in that region anymore). Only new addition that could make noise is Buckeye (a team that lost to Kenston only by 19 in the second round last year) Sucks that Glenville will probably get to the final 4 and probably get slaughtered.

Glenville lost to Euclid and Mentor last year, and beat Olentangy Liberty who made it to the final four in Div I. Keep looking past Glenville if you want to.