Division I Favorites?

In southwest Ohio, I think it will be the usual suspect Lebanon, Lakota East and West, Mason will be good but they do not have an elite pitcher. Ursuline may surprise some people as they have a very good sophomore pitcher committed to Pitt.

I wouldn't be surprised if Perry is there at the end again. I don't know how many starters they lost, but the most important piece back, their pitcher.

Perry should be in the hunt only lost 2 players. They have to get out of the Massillon district Louisville, Lake will be contenders.

NE. Massillon District. Whoever comes out of this district should win state. Perry is the favorite. They lost 2 key pieces but reload. Have pitching depth and a bats 1-9. Never count out North Canton. They have excellent pieces coming in from the freshman class to include pitching depth to compliment Vesco. Louisville will be in the hunt, they left the NBC and have a schedule that will better prepare them for districts. Leopards only lost a few outfielders. Lake was young last year with no senior starters. They have a good senior(19) class this year with a bunch of juniors with experience. Lake split the series with Perry last year losing game1 5-0 and avenging that loss late in the year 2-1. It’s going to be a battle out of Massillon. Good luck to all the programs in Stark County.

Uniontown Lake Blue Streaks

I think the Blue Streaks shock the softball world (just like in 2005) and take the Fed and knock off Perry, Louisville and North Canton Hoover in the Massillon District to advance to Firestone and bring home the state title!:clap:

Big match up this week if the fields can survive! Massillon Perry VS Uniontown Lake. Can the young Blue Streaks make a statement or will the seasoned veterans of Perry show who’s still boss?

Big match up this week if the fields can survive! Massillon Perry VS Uniontown Lake. Can the young Blue Streaks make a statement or will the seasoned veterans of Perry show who’s still boss?
In their first matchup of the season Perry wins 6-3

Dont sleep on Willoughby South. The team is loaded with talent and have possibly the best player in Ohio in Junior Riley Frizell. Team went to regional finals last year and only replace one starter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart

I saw Willoughby South play in Florida, I thought they went 2-3 and lost to at least 2 Ohio teams. Delaware Hayes were Frizell got taken out pitching, I think Delaware scored 11 runs and against Eastwood Frizzell struck out 3 times swing.

Last edited:
So does the Federal League have a website or are we left to the wims of MAXPREPS to figure out standings ect . . . ?

Mason spanks Lebanon 20-0
3L in the early season for Lebanon and a 9-8 W over a decent Milford team.

Mason spanks Lebanon 20-0
3L in the early season for Lebanon and a 9-8 W over a decent Milford team.

Watched Lebanon Friday at the former Armco Park and they did not look like the Lebanon I'm use to seeing. Unless they make a lot of improvements over the next couple of weeks I don't see them as a contender for districts, let alone state. BTW, the Friday Night Lights event that is being hosted at the old Armco Park has to be one of the better high school softball events in the state. 4 fields, 8 teams playing at a time and some of the better DI and DII teams in Southwest Ohio. (Mason, Lebanon, Greenville, Clinton Massie, Milford, West Brown, West Clermont, Kings, Middletown) Outstanding local event.

Watched Lebanon Friday at the former Armco Park and they did not look like the Lebanon I'm use to seeing. Unless they make a lot of improvements over the next couple of weeks I don't see them as a contender for districts, let alone state. BTW, the Friday Night Lights event that is being hosted at the old Armco Park has to be one of the better high school softball events in the state. 4 fields, 8 teams playing at a time and some of the better DI and DII teams in Southwest Ohio. (Mason, Lebanon, Greenville, Clinton Massie, Milford, West Brown, West Clermont, Kings, Middletown) Outstanding local event.

Heard through the grapeveine Mason kept it's starters in even though the score was 18-0 against Lebanon? Maybe trying to send a message or get in their head, or payback for past years losses to them? It's the end of the year that counts.

No doubt... the district games may be as tough or more so than regional and even state semi. Perry's learning what it's like to be defending league and state champ. They'll be fine. Gotshall (sp?) has pitched gems the last two nights, they just couldn't get the timely hits to back her up.