Division 5 Region 18

Liberty Center just played 3 teams that typically put a lot of points on the board...and shut them all down. I think it's safe to say that Elmwood has not played a defense as smothering at Liberty Center. I'll go with LC over Elmwood 28-7

Liberty Center just played 3 teams that typically put a lot of points on the board...and shut them all down. I think it's safe to say that Elmwood has not played a defense as smothering at Liberty Center. I'll go with LC over Elmwood 28-7
Port Clinton has not put up a large amount of points against anyone with a winning record, Liberty Benton put up points in a very weak conference except the Archbold game. That was a stunner for everyone. And Coldwater had a great qb playing on recently healed broken leg. LC and Elmwood have a common opponent that played great defense. LC Beat Otsego 9-0, Elmwood 28-7. It will be a closer game than you think

Port Clinton has not put up a large amount of points against anyone with a winning record, Liberty Benton put up points in a very weak conference except the Archbold game. That was a stunner for everyone. And Coldwater had a great qb playing on recently healed broken leg. LC and Elmwood have a common opponent that played great defense. LC Beat Otsego 9-0, Elmwood 28-7. It will be a closer game than you think

interesting, did not realize that. could be a tight game....

Another common opponent was Tinora...Elmwood beat them 34-15. LC beat them 31-0. Both teams also played Delta...Elmwood winning 49-24. LC winning 51-14. You're correct, it could be a close game...I still feel that LC defense is going to too much for the Royals. Close first half, LC pulls away in second.

Another common opponent was Tinora...Elmwood beat them 34-15. LC beat them 31-0. Both teams also played Delta...Elmwood winning 49-24. LC winning 51-14. You're correct, it could be a close game...I still feel that LC defense is going to too much for the Royals. Close first half, LC pulls away in second.
Yes I agree It be a close game. I misspoke about the Otsego game, meant to put Elmwood 21-7. If Elmwood plays like they did last night I think they can pull it off but with how good LC is on defense it will definitely be tough. It should be a great game.

No it won't. LC by a bunch. I will say 48-14.

What did Tinora do to Elmwood to hold them in check most of the game?
Elmwood made some mistakes in the 1st half, they were driving the first series and then fumbled, penalties, drops, etc. Almost felt as if Elmwood was overlooking Tinora in the 1st half and had eyes on Eastwood. Once they woke up in the 2nd half it was a route.

Congrats to Liberty Center on taking Region 18 in 2022! Great challenge by Elmwood in the final... wonder what could've been without the turnovers...

Does anyone care to project 2023?

LC has some big shoes to fill, but also returns a nice core from last year's team... for me they sit at #1 until proven otherwise
I believe Elmwood loses even more, will they be able to reload?
Eastwood going through big changes in leadership, including on-field with the graduation of Boos
Oak Harbor has some great skill players and sophomore all-Ohio DL returning... possibly my #2
Archbold was sort of young and had a "down" year by recent standards, will they rebound into a serious contender?
Genoa returns possibly the best QB in the region... year 2 of Vicars on staff
Highland returns Nauman, who was OPOY in D5 last year.. can they find any help for him?
Liberty Benton and Huron both lost quite a bit, but both have a history that suggests they'd be in the playoff picture
Are any of the deeper teams like Tinora, Edison, Delta, Otsego, Port Clinton capable of leaping into the top 8?
Can O-G rebound, or will the WBL schedule keep them out of the playoffs again?!
And then there's Coldwater... are they slipping? Regardless, go ahead and chisel them into your top 4

Looking forward to another great season of discussion!

Congrats to Liberty Center on taking Region 18 in 2022! Great challenge by Elmwood in the final... wonder what could've been without the turnovers...

LC has some big shoes to fill, but also returns a nice core from last year's team... for me they sit at #1 until proven otherwise
Eastwood going through big changes in leadership, including on-field with the graduation of Boos
Oak Harbor has some great skill players and sophomore all-Ohio DL returning... possibly my #2
Archbold was sort of young and had a "down" year by recent standards, will they rebound into a serious contender?
Highland returns Nauman, who was OPOY in D5 last year.. can they find any help for him?
Liberty Benton and Huron both lost quite a bit, but both have a history that suggests they'd be in the playoff picture
Are any of the deeper teams like Tinora, Edison, Delta, Otsego, Port Clinton capable of leaping into the top 8?
And then there's Coldwater... are they slipping? Regardless, go ahead and chisel them into your top 4

I’d copy and paste this into a new thread if you are going to create one.

Liberty Center loses a lot but has the tradition and things going in the right direction. Return Bockelman on the line and three Kruse's. Some tough guys to replace though in Zeiter, Box, Orr, Kline, and Zacharies who were all-league guys; some 2-way all-leaguers.

I think Oak Harbor is the favorite. 2 way studs in both Ridener's both. Quarterback and Safety Lalonde returns. Super freak athlete in Hayward is back. Had a very young talented linebacker in Gary Brooks. Couple of linemen return. Lots to like in Rocket land.

Archbold has a handful of talented linemen coming back but not sure on skill positions outside of their QB Brenner.

Genoa should be solid. Talented quarterback returns along with some big and tough linemen. Good athlete back in Antry and solid linebacker/TE in Stewart. May need to find/develop some skill guys.

I think Eastwood and Huron take steps back. Lose some very crucial guys (Boos & Hohler).

OG comes back to life next year and Coldwater reloads (2 Harlamerts return, Depweg is back, Ebbing back...they are Coldwater).

The current sophomore class at Eastwood is pretty solid, with many getting varsity experience this year. Will be interesting to see how the new coach uses them.

South Range won State wrestling duals in 2022 and followed it up with a D 5 State Championship in Football. Archbold won State duals this year.......Will they win region 18 on their way to a State Championship in D5?

I think we go as our O-Line develops. We return a great stable of backs and receiving core but I think only 1 lineman. I think we'll be fine

Liberty Center loses a lot but has the tradition and things going in the right direction. Return Bockelman on the line and three Kruse's. Some tough guys to replace though in Zeiter, Box, Orr, Kline, and Zacharies who were all-league guys; some 2-way all-leaguers.
Liberty Center returns 5 starters on defense(2 DL, 2 LB's and a safety) and 5-6 starters on offense(2 RB's,3 OL and a split end.)
JV's lost one game early in the year, Freshman and 8th grade were both undefeated, underclassmen results were about the same the year before. Liberty will have around 70+ kids on the roster so depth and a strong rotation of upperclassmen will help alleviate some of the loss of this past season's talented seniors.

I think Oak Harbor is the favorite. 2 way studs in both Ridener's both. Quarterback and Safety Lalonde returns. Super freak athlete in Hayward is back. Had a very young talented linebacker in Gary Brooks. Couple of linemen return. Lots to like in Rocket land.

Archbold has a handful of talented linemen coming back but not sure on skill positions outside of their QB Brenner.

Genoa should be solid. Talented quarterback returns along with some big and tough linemen. Good athlete back in Antry and solid linebacker/TE in Stewart. May need to find/develop some skill guys.

I think Eastwood and Huron take steps back. Lose some very crucial guys (Boos & Hohler).

OG comes back to life next year and Coldwater reloads (2 Harlamerts return, Depweg is back, Ebbing back...they are Coldwater).
Great post, always appreciate your perspective

I like LC’s schemes as well. Makes for a very difficult one week prep at the high school level. The question to me is can they play from behind? Any idea who will be behind center?

I’m right with you on OH. That rising junior class hasn’t even shown all their pieces yet. Hayward moves the line 7 points himself.

You’re right about Hohler, but Huron has some nice pieces coming back and history tells me they’ll find a QB. However the SBC shake up added Clyde, Bellevue and Colombian to their schedule. That could lead to a road game week 11, if not worse..

Thoughts on anyone moving in or out due to CB? Looking at the numbers and cutoffs for teams in this region from last year, Otsego, Highland, and Willard are on the cusp of moving up if they were to add a few CB. While Tinora and Bluffton could easily drop down by losing a few. Likely not a ton of change since only CB will be modified (enrollment stays the same for next year I believe?).

Neversay.....you never came back on here after that great game between LC and elmwood.....
I was wrong about the score. I had 48-14.
I was right about LC running them out of the stadium. LC scored 49 points and had 450 yards rushing. The 3 lost LC fumbles made it a close game. Elmwood played a great offensive game.

The current sophomore class at Eastwood is pretty solid, with many getting varsity experience this year. Will be interesting to see how the new coach uses them.

There is certainly some talent there. A handful of those skill sophomores saw decent action including the Lewis twins, Oliver, Donnell, and Woodward. The biggest issues for Eastwood is replacing Boos (nearly impossible), replacing the whole offensive line, and the coming coaching change.