Division 3 State Finals Match-ups/Predictions

Boro Fan

**Rankings according to my final rankings dated January 30th

103- #1 Nathan Tomasello (CVCA) vs #3 Aaron Assad (Chanel)
Prediction: Assad kept it close last week and I think he does the same but I personally can not see Tomasello losing, 5-2 Tomasello

112- #2 Jacob Danishek (Dayton Christian) vs #4 Cody Steiner (Waynesville)
Prediction: Rematch of last week, I predicted a major last weekend but I didn't happen and I don't see it happening this weekend either, 8-3 Danishek

119- #1 Tyler Heminger (Northmor) vs #2 Nick Goebel (Elmwood)
Prediction: Heminger is going for his first win in the state finals, he is 0-3 and Goebel has a title already so both have previous finals experience, Heminger 3-1

125- #1 Stephen Myers (Reading) vs #7@119 Jeremy Border (Caldwell)
Prediction: This will be closer than anyone expected, including myself. Most people thought Myers was "untouchable" but as we have seen he is beatable, 6-3 Myers

130- #1 Johnny Matacic (Jackson-Milton) vs #18 Alex Carroll (Northmor)
Prediction: Matacic comes in as a huge favorite and he has finals experience, Carroll has come out of no where, Matacic 13-5

135- #1 Hunter Stieber (Monroeville) vs #4 Tyler Majoy (Edison)
Prediction: Stieber becomes a four timer, FALL for Stieber

140- #1 Cam Tessari (Monroeville) vs #2 Shane Brown (Manchester)
Prediction: Tessari will become a four timer but this might be "kind of" close, Tessari 8-3

145- #2 Danny Orrill (Chanel) vs #4 Kyle Burns (Edison)
Prediction: Orrill won the previous meeting in OT in a dual at Edison, I think he does the same, 4-3 Orrill

152- #1 Felipe Martinez (Genoa Area) vs #2 Dom Prezzia (St. Clairsville)
Prediction: This should be close, all depending what Felipe we see, I'll say 6-4 Martinez

160- #1 Xavier Dye (Patrick Henry) vs #4 Cody Walters (Chanel)
Prediction: I will take Dye in a close one, they both are multiple time SP's, I'll take Dye 3-1

171- #1 Chris Phillips (Monroeville) vs #10@160 BJ Toal (Troy Christian)
Prediction: Phillips ends this quickly, FALL in the 1st period

189- #1 Alex Utley (CVCA) vs #2 Kurt Schaefer (WS Northwestern)
Prediction: Utley majored Schaefer last week 12-4 I believe, I think this time around it's closer but Utley wins convincingly, 10-5

215- #1 Ethan Hayes (Dixie) vs #4 Kennedy Smith (Chanel)
Prediction: Hayes won the earlier bout this year 5-3 at Ohio Duals, Hayes wins again 5-4, it will be a good one, Smith is very dangerous

285- #1 Mimmo Lytle (Swabton) vs #4 Clint Endicott (Crestview)
Prediction: Lytle is the favorite coming in but Endicott had looked good all weekend, I will take Lytle by FALL just because it's heavyweight

125- #1 Stephen Myers (Reading) vs #7@119 Jeremy Border (Caldwell)
Prediction: This will be closer than anyone expected, including myself. Most people thought Myers was "untouchable" but as we have seen he is beatable, 6-3 Myers

Since when? Besides Fargo, last loss I see was a 1 pointer to the eventual state champ last March.

Since when? Besides Fargo, last loss I see was a 1 pointer to the eventual state champ last March.

I have Border in this one.
As Boro said on another thread, "The sleepers? Their will be no sleepers winning a state title in D3.I", if I am wrong I'll eat crow, but here Boro, your wrong I believe.
Myers and Hoss was a close match at districts, VanFleet beat Hoss (close) and Border majored 12-2 VanFleet.
I also have Dom Prezzia over Felipe Martinez
AND I SEE POSSIBLE UPSETS AT:
my sleeper of all sleeper which makes me call myself crazy is I have:
BJ Toal over Chris Phillips

103 Aaron Assad OVER Nathan Tomasello
112 Jacob Danishek OVER Cody Steiner
119 Tyler Heminger OVER Nick Goebel
125 Jeremy Border OVER Stephen Myers
130 Johnny Matacic OVER Alex Carroll
135 Hunter Stieber OVER Tyler Majoy
140 Cam Tessari OVER Shane Brown
145 Danny Orrill OVER Kyle Burns
152 Dom Prezzia OVER Felipe Martinez
160 Cody Walters OVER Xavier Dye
171 BJ Toal OVER Chris Phillips
189 Alex Utley OVER Kurt Schaefer
215 Kennedy Smith OVER Ethan Hayes
285 Mimmo Lytle OVER Clint Endicott

None of those are sleepers, All over your winners were highly ranked except BJ Toal and that one won't happen.

152 Dom Prezzia OVER Felipe Martinez ~~ Felipe didnt deserve to win the semi match...ref didnt call stalling. (ala the bowling green kid that pinned Jamison)

hwy Endicott,,,wins...everything else falls into place

None of those are sleepers, All over your winners were highly ranked except BJ Toal and that one won't happen.

On a earlier thread I said Dom Prezzia OVER Felipe Martinez, You said "Won't happen".
I also said I was taking, Jeremy Border OVER Stephen Myers,(before state) and you said Myers was "Untouchible" and you have Border as a #7, so I guess you can call that a high pick if it helps your %'s but I think at the state level there is USUALLY a big difference between 1 and 7.
BJ Toal you have at #10 and you say that would be but #7 Border wouldn't huh?

Let's settle this by see who gets the most championship pics right.
1 point each X 14 matches
Tie breaker being 125 , 152 and 171 being worth 3 points each, (if a tie)

I had Border 7th at 119, he would of been ranked 3 behind Haas and Myers if he was at 25 at the time of my rankings

I never said Prezzia wouldn't win. That was not me, check your facts buddy

How did you know my name was Buddy?
Just call me Ron, - - - Ron Jones please.

Originally Posted by wrestlingfan25
"That is just my opinion, I think Martinez will win. I guess we will see this weekend."

Boro Fan replies "He will win"

So I guess, you never actually said "Prezzia wouldn't win"

I had Border 7th at 119, he would of been ranked 3 behind Haas and Myers if he was at 25 at the time of my rankings

ok, I understand. You didn't miss the rank, you missed the weight.

I do appreciate what you do, I don't appreciate how you respond to other peoples opinion if they don't agree with you!

Border was at 19 most of the year I think, it's all good though, I think Prezzia has a good shot but I just can't see Felipe losing, just my opinion, I am a big Prezzia fan so... I'll be rooting for him

I would of put him behind a kid who didn't place, if I wanted to cheat I would of put Border second but I gave my honest opinion

Myers dominated Border 10to4 and didnt give up a takedown the whole tourney he was never challenged .Hardly an upset and seems he liived up to the hype and then some udefeated state champ and double aa .Expect an even more dominating performance from his LITTLE brother next week no one has made it past the 2nd per all pins and his last loss in Ohio was to Bo Jordan 2yr ago.

Border punished Myers on the mat. Rode him for 2 minutes. Myers had to take blood time. Myers had no answer off the bottom, however that did not score for Border. Myers is much better on his feet and proved that. showed that if you can win on your feet you will win state titles. No way was he getting turned and pinned maybe rode but that was it. Great match by both boys. Border had a great tournament.

Myers dominated Border 10to4 and didnt give up a takedown the whole tourney he was never challenged .Hardly an upset and seems he liived up to the hype and then some udefeated state champ and double aa .Expect an even more dominating performance from his LITTLE brother next week no one has made it past the 2nd per all pins and his last loss in Ohio was to Bo Jordan 2yr ago.

Welcome back lcast...btw, no can can deny stephen had a great season and is a great wrestler

Border was totally dominated on his feet Myers kicked him and took him down virtually at will and when Border could not turn him he resorted to dirty wrestling and got called for it he had nothing for Myers thought Border was pinned as well.Fun match as usual when your way ahead u can stall for the win.told you guys he would win state before he was done now its all icing to me thanks to all the reading coaches coach root coach caniglia all the moe coaches over the yrs and big props to coach gerhing in colerain the boys are cards at heart always will b joey paterrson coach bradberry and all the trainers and staff at terry bryans training center.feel me and my MPIRE ....

Border punished Myers on the mat. Rode him for 2 minutes. Myers had to take blood time. Myers had no answer off the bottom, however that did not score for Border. Myers is much better on his feet and proved that. showed that if you can win on your feet you will win state titles. No way was he getting turned and pinned maybe rode but that was it. Great match by both boys. Border had a great tournament.

I am a big Border fan, but he didn't have an answer for Myers.
He rode him out because Myers shut it down with the big lead.
Why take a chance of a big move for an escape point.
Myers did the right thing and laid around for 2 minutes, I don't think it was that he got rode out for 2 minutes.

I am a big Border fan, but he didn't have an answer for Myers.
He rode him out because Myers shut it down with the big lead.
Why take a chance of a big move for an escape point.
Myers did the right thing and laid around for 2 minutes, I don't think it was that he got rode out for 2 minutes.

Very impressed with your post you are a very honest person who says it like it is even though it didnt go as you predicted you came back and without excuse gave a true account of the match .Border is a tough kid and good wrestler very good on top from what i saw and very physical congrats to him on a great tourney .