Division 3 Region 11: Bellefontaine vs Granville

WingTFan

10-2 Bellefontaine vs 12-0 Granville. Rematch of an epic Round 1 game last year.

Chiefs come in on a 6 game win streak and defeating long time nemesis London. Granville has won 12 strait and knocked off a tough Tri Valley team.

Word is Chiefs return a lot more from last years tilt but at this point in season it doesn’t really matter.

Chiefs led by St Clair with about 3,000 yards passing. Neer with about 1500 of those. Wilson with about 600. Fogan has gone over 1,000 rushing yards and didn’t play in this game last year.

Chiefs continue to improve on Defense and in the trenches. Outphysicaled a London team known for it.

What’s Granvilles scouting report? Seemed like an athletic type team last year.

Should be a great game. Excited to hear location. Any word?

I copied and pasted, in parts, from the Region 11 thread.

For the Chefs, the fatties on the offensive line can be a question mark at times, though they did rise to the challenge that London put up. I am totally digging Fogan with 29 hauls for 150 and TSC 250 4TD, ZERO INT with Neer and Wilson snatching those balls. That 465 total yards against the London machine is impressive. HOWEVER, dismiss this past week, I question their defense, they still have the Coldwater 413 yards. the one dimensional Alder, Jewell 200+ yard rushing game, the 406 yards against a subpar DV Indian Lake and 451 against a shizzy DV Ben Logan hanging over their head. Granted the defense may have stepped up against London but right now their defensive DNA is working against them.

I like that Fogan will be in this game, he can be a difference maker and is needed. Granville looks to be fast with a quality QB, that can run and throw. Offensive skill kids are fast and quick and the line looks to be very solid. Their defense is probably top self but may not be any better than London??? But that is no knock there. I really like their athleticism and they match up well. Generally, Licking County kids are hard nosed football players. This will boil down to how well the Chefs offensive line can block for Fogan and allow time for TSC to go through progressions to hit his targets and the defensive actually shutting down a multi dimensional offense. Ain't no London running it for 48 minutes here.

Then again, I ain't no "expert"

Last edited:
I remember last year Granville playing Bell
Granville d got 3 interceptions and scored at the last minute to win the game also Granville graduated 25 seniors last year and right back here again
Granvilles got a talented qb , fast players oline and d they lost there stud sophomore RB with a leg injury end of the season

Granville d got 3 interceptions and scored at the last minute to win the game also Granville graduated 25 seniors last year and right back here again
Granvilles got a talented qb , fast players oline and d they lost there stud sophomore RB with a leg injury end of the season

Granvilles got a talented qb , fast players oline and d they lost there stud sophomore RB with a leg injury end of the

Was at the game last year. Granville didn’t intercept any passes. Not sure if you’re recalling different game. That was the game I felt put TSC in a different category than any other QB in Ohio.

Last year TSC was 26/42 with 317 yards passing and 2 TDs with no interceptions. Riley Neer had 161 yards rushing and Fogan didn’t play. Bellefontaine ended with 448 yards total compared to Granville 347 in the close loss.

I’d expect this week to be a complete dog fight between both teams. But if I was in a dog fight no one better I’d want more behind me than TSC, the kid is just flat out special. Friday can’t come soon enough.

Seeing how Bellefontaine responded to getting beat by London and then playing a darn good game and beating them, I’m going with Bellefontaine in this game. If they play like they did last week and not slip up then they roll.

Looks like bell struggles with the pass defense and Granville has some good receivers
But this Granville teams is better then last years
It they have to contain St Clair

Last edited:
I can’t tell you how excited our kids and fans are that the game is at London. The London experience was flat out awesome. They dimmed the lights, played Enter Sandman and our fans are right on top of the action. May mean nothing but sure feels exciting to those of us in the mix.

I can’t tell you how excited our kids and fans are that the game is at London. The London experience was flat out awesome. They dimmed the lights, played Enter Sandman and our fans are right on top of the action. May mean nothing but sure feels exciting to those of us in the mix.
Last week was a great win for you guys. The talent is there but last week the heart, will to win, showed up and that is what makes your squad dangerous.

London should be a bit of a home field advantage for the Chefs. Great place to see a game and has always been an electric atmosphere, even for a week two game. I expect a lot of CBC support from the surrounding area filling in the home stands, I believe Bellefontaine is the home team.

With Fogan playing and TSC getting better, scary to think that can happen, and their receiving corps, They will put up points. It's all on the defense this week to shut down the athletes and grit Granville will unload the bus with.

I am taking the Chefs and two slices of Cappy's pepperoni pizza in a tight, high scoring game. 44-38.

Bellefontaine is higher in the bracket so they are the home team. they beat the #2 seed so they essentially take the place of the #2 seed

im not saying it’s right..
This was a discussion on another thread you started. I think the Chefs are the higher seed considering beating #2 London in the region, they assume the #2 seed. OHSAA is a bit muddied in their explanation. I hope these teams get it worked out before showing up for the game....kind of like Shawnee and Wyoming, lol.

Bellefontaine is higher in the bracket so they are the home team. they beat the #2 seed so they essentially take the place of the #2 seed

I actually don’t mind it. If you beat the #2 seed, theoretically you’re better than the #2 seed, which based on seeding is theoretically better than any time seeded below it. Not saying this is always true, but I don’t mind the thought process

From what I’ve heard and read.
Granville is the 3 and Belle is the 7. Granville will be in home Jerseys, if they choose, on home side. Belle will be on away side. Doesn’t matter previous seeds it matters what the seeds are at for that particular round. When they get to final four that is usually predetermined on who is home vs away.

Mr GK,
I want to say that was the previous system that you assumed that seed if you beat the higher one, but I am almost certain it changed to the current format of the higher seed is the home team until the state semifinals.. I want to say even back in the day the state could step in and decide as we saw it once where they gave our school the home team/side due to the following. Opposing team was PO'd and came out in warmups with their home jerseys' on, only to change into the roadies the last lockerroom break they took.

At the end of the day, other than the seating, it does not really matter it is not like baseball.

I don't believe that is true! Because you beat a higher seed, you don't assume that seed. You are still the same seed that you came into the playoffs with. Granville is still the higher seed at #3. If this is true, that Bell is the lower seed, then things have changed from the way it used to be.