2 HC
3 Ferry
4 UL
5 Trail
6 SV
7 Garaway
8 Coshocton
9 Barnesville

UL is playing well right now as are the Pirates of Garaway. 2 and 3 seeds could get an interesting first round game!!

1707679482897.png

Someone tell me why , Harrison Central no 2 seed, went in the upper bracket with no 1 seed Malvern

With HC going in with Malvern, look what happened on the bottom half!!!! Some really good teams had to go down. HC will be tested by Trail or Barnesville before they see Malvern.

New Philadelphia should be banned from hosting any tournament games. Place is trash. Awful parking, small gym with wooden seats, short court, and I don’t think they have A/C. Last year they couldn’t fit the Malvern and Garaway crowd. Place needs to be boycotted. There’s tons of gyms in the area with a better setup but let’s play a district championship game at a gym that was old in 1980.

New Philadelphia should be banned from hosting any tournament games. Place is trash. Awful parking, small gym with wooden seats, short court, and I don’t think they have A/C. Last year they couldn’t fit the Malvern and Garaway crowd. Place needs to be boycotted. There’s tons of gyms in the area with a better setup but let’s play a district championship game at a gym that was old in 1980.
Lots of schools don’t want to host a district. District pays them next to nothing to host. Been going on for 5-7 years. More of a pain for a lot of work with little reward.

The atmosphere at NP's (not 94 foot floor) is really 2nd to none even though parking is a nightmare and the overall darkness of the gym due to the black ceiling is less than impressive.

did they even try to ask any other schools? I doubt it. There’s at least 10 schools in canton with better gyms and parking than New Philadelphia. I bet my lives saving on it not ones of those schools got asked.

If it's an Eastern District tournament game, the game is played somewhere in the Eastern District, not the Northeastern District.

did they even try to ask any other schools? I doubt it. There’s at least 10 schools in canton with better gyms and parking than New Philadelphia. I bet my lives saving on it not ones of those schools got asked.
Know your facts before making stupid statements. Eastern district tournament games will be played in the Eastern district not the northeast. Regulation high school floors are to be at least 88 ft (which NP is) College are to be 94 feet. I've been to tournament games all over Ohio ,an the atmosphere at New Phila is awesome.

It’s literally trash. I’m sorry but nostalgia is overrated. New Philadelphia is the worst gym in the state of Ohio to host district championship games. It’s just a fact. No A/C and wooden bleachers and honestly wasn’t big enough for Garaway vs Malvern. You literally have a bar in front of your face if you’re in the front row. It’s horrible. Parking might also the be worst in the state. Ppl want to make excuses for that trash gymnasium. Playing a district title game on 88ft is an absolute joke when also my every new gym made is longer. Please retire this god forsaken hell hole I just never want to sit in a pitch black gym ever again and sweat my off just watching

It’s literally trash. I’m sorry but nostalgia is overrated. New Philadelphia is the worst gym in the state of Ohio to host district championship games. It’s just a fact. No A/C and wooden bleachers and honestly wasn’t big enough for Garaway vs Malvern. You literally have a bar in front of your face if you’re in the front row. It’s horrible. Parking might also the be worst in the state. Ppl want to make excuses for that trash gymnasium. Playing a district title game on 88ft is an absolute joke when also my every new gym made is longer. Please retire this god forsaken hell hole I just never want to sit in a pitch black gym ever again and sweat my off just watching
Again get your facts straight New Phila"s gym has A/C,brand new unit this summer.

Again get your facts straight New Phila"s gym has A/C,brand new unit this summer.
So last year they played a “district” championship game in an outdated gym with no A/C??? That’s embarrassing and pathetic. Africentric plays their district championship games at capitol. Maybe we should do right by the kids and let them play in a more modern gym thats 94 feet like everyone else in the state.

So last year they played a “district” championship game in an outdated gym with no A/C??? That’s embarrassing and pathetic. Africentric plays their district championship games at capitol. Maybe we should do right by the kids and let them play in a more modern gym thats 94 feet like everyone else in the state.

You seem to be in the minority with your opinions. If people would complain the eastern district board would not use New Phila. They have used that gym for many years because the players and coaches love it. The game is for them not you. It also has one of the larger seating capacities in the district. There are a few larger but they are too expensive or don't want to hold.

It’s still the worst gym to host district championship games in the whole state. It’s a fact. You act like it’s the “Field House” not one kid thinks it’s special to play there.

If it is so bad why doesn"t the eastern district move from there. Because the players, coaches, officials love it. That's a
FACT ask them I have. If it is trash as you say they would not hold games there, the coaches and AD's would complain,but they don't. Good night

Last edited:
maybe you should get out of your little Tcounty bubble and go watch other district championship games. New Philly is a dump. With a short court. Might as well play at connottons old gym. I guarantee it’s the only game in all of Ohio played on a short court in the districts. But hey Tcounty loves barn ball.

Not a lot of options as Dover doesn’t want to host anything, Perhaps being a little lazy on Dover’s end. Not like there’s much bball practice going on at this time of the year!!