Division 2 State Champ

Alter's tourney opponents have been a joke. A bad joke at that.
What is your problem with Alter? They can only play teams on the schedule. Did you ever consider that many of the better teams wanted stay away from Alter till later in tourney. Teams have some limited choices as to where they will play with the top teams having the most flexibility. Or are just down on all Soutwest D2 basketball

I have Woodward beating Alter, they're deep, well coached, athletic, long, very solid and disciplined defensively. Paul McMillan III is a great floor leader and a D1 Mid-Major point guard. They have a good team.

Was 16-10 at the end of 1…and Batavia missed a couple wide open layups. Alter played a lights out 2nd and 3rd quarter….kinda like I said….Batavia kept it as close as about the rest of GCL did this year. Alter is a final 4 team.
Alter was up 9 with 8 seconds left... late 3 cut the lead to 6. they increased it every quarter. Wasn't close at any point, or at least never felt like it

Alter was up 9 with 8 seconds left... late 3 cut the lead to 6. they increased it every quarter. Wasn't close at any point, or at least never felt like it
That’s all you took from what i typed out? ?? you old heads on here are funny. They are a final 4 team that’s how it goes Batavia isn’t a joke of a team alter is just one of the best. They did that to most of the GCL this year and 22 other opponents

That’s all you took from what i typed out? ?? you old heads on here are funny. They are a final 4 team that’s how it goes Batavia isn’t a joke of a team alter is just one of the best. They did that to most of the GCL this year and 22 other opponents
you posted yesterday that they would keep it close through a couple quarters.... one quarter isn't a couple. Glad you got Alter being a final four team out of that though.

you posted yesterday that they would keep it close through a couple quarters.... one quarter isn't a couple. Glad you got Alter being a final four team out of that though.
Alter is a final 4 team cause they did what they did to Batavia yesterday to about 15-18 other teams. Time to walk away from social media old man

Don’t be shocked if the two top favorites on D2 in 2022-23 are Akron STVM and Akron Buchtel. Both programs return talented Junior classes.

What is your problem with Alter? They can only play teams on the schedule. Did you ever consider that many of the better teams wanted stay away from Alter till later in tourney. Teams have some limited choices as to where they will play with the top teams having the most flexibility. Or are just down on all Soutwest D2 basketball
Not down on sw d2 or Alter. Just would like to see them challenged.

Once you get this far, everyone's good!
Not really. It usually takes to the Sweet 16 to get all good match ups. Look at the scores across the district finals in all 4 divisions and you will see many mismatches.

Last edited:
I think the St.V game is going to be closer than people think. Chaney and St.V played earlier in the year and they kept it close in the first half. After watching some of that game I think if Chaney keeps the TOS down they will give the Irish a run for their money

I think the St.V game is going to be closer than people think. Chaney and St.V played earlier in the year and they kept it close in the first half. After watching some of that game I think if Chaney keeps the TOS down they will give the Irish a run for their money
A number of teams have stayed close with the Irish in the first half. It is not until the second half that the Irish really put on the press and generally put the game away. And the Irish have been playing the press very well of late. I'm thinking about a 20 point spread, like the first game, will be where this one ends up.

Final

STVM 82
Chaney 43
Chaney was without their best big man, who was injured in the district final, but that wouldn't have changed the outcome. Maybe a 29 point victory instead of a 39 point victory.
Nobody gave St V a close game in last years tourney. I know they had Malaki, but this squad looks like they're firing on all cylinders.
Granted the only thing I know about the other regions is this thread

Chaney was without their best big man, who was injured in the district final, but that wouldn't have changed the outcome. Maybe a 29 point victory instead of a 39 point victory.
Nobody gave St V a close game in last years tourney. I know they had Malaki, but this squad looks like they're firing on all cylinders.
Granted the only thing I know about the other regions is this thread
St V played without one of their top players- Lance Hayes. Obviously it didn't affect the outcome but he an extremely quick & athletic player with good length that would have added another dimension on both ends of the court. This team is will be a tough out .

St V played without one of their top players- Lance Hayes. Obviously it didn't affect the outcome but he an extremely quick & athletic player with good length that would have added another dimension on both ends of the court. This team is will be a tough out .
Will Hayes be back for Louisville? I hadn't heard why he missed the Chaney game. (BTW, keep his name in mind for next year. This young man is going to have a HUGE year next season!)

Way closer than anyone thinks would be a 20 point St V victory. I'm a fan of Louisville and hope it's a competitive game but highly doubt it.
Louisville will play a style of basketball that will frustrate St V’s. Similar to 2 years again when the leopards went up against Spire Academy with Lemelo Ball and Rocket Watts… Final Score: 75-65. Louisville didn’t have nearly the talent they do this year. Seigfreid will have a game plan.

Louisville will play a style of basketball that will frustrate St V’s. Similar to 2 years again when the leopards went up against Spire Academy with Lemelo Ball and Rocket Watts… Final Score: 75-65. Louisville didn’t have nearly the talent they do this year. Seigfreid will h
Louisville will play a style of basketball that will frustrate St V’s. Similar to 2 years again when the leopards went up against Spire Academy with Lemelo Ball and Rocket Watts… Final Score: 75-65. Louisville didn’t have nearly the talent they do this year. Seigfreid will have a game plan.
Louisville might hang for awhile, but StV will dominate "the Program", how do you refer yourself like that when you've never won anything?!?!

Will Hayes be back for Louisville? I hadn't heard why he missed the Chaney game. (BTW, keep his name in mind for next year. This young man is going to have a HUGE year next season!)

Yes, he’s expected to be. Paper said he’s recovering from food poisoning.

Lemelo didn't play, but the game still was very competive in the first half.

The Louisville-Glenville was an amazing game. Well played and great hustle by both. A look at the score would make one assume no one tried on defense, but that was not the truth. Louisville showed they could close out strong against a surging team, something Green failed to do and something Louisville could face again.

Yes I know their prize is they get to face St V, but what a game. It was great to see such exciting basketball back at an historic venue.