Division 2 Cincinnati Sectional Records as of 1/5/21

Friday 2/5/21 Update--these are the final records for teams to vote on seeding by noon on Saturday, unless they voted already;

Ross-- 17-2
Batavia-- 16-2

McNicholas-- 14-2
Woodward-- 14-3
Taylor-- 14-4

Monroe-- 12-7
Blanchester-- 10-7

Indian Hill-- 9-1
Fenwick-- 9-5
Wyoming-- 9-6
Roger Bacon-- 9-6

Bethel-Tate-- 8-5
New Richmond-- 8-6
Hughes-- 8-8
Wilmington-- 8-9
Aiken-- 8-11

Norwood-- 7-10
Badin-- 7-13

Clinton Massie-- 0-16

Seeding meeting begins at 2:00 on Sunday--should be an interesting draw this year for games at Mason and Princeton!!

Cincy D2 Schools have voted and the Top 12 seeds are: (most recent game)

1. McNicholas--beat Fenwick in OT by 4
2. Ross--Lost to Hamilton in OT by 6
3. Woodward--Beat Purcell by 26
4. Indian Hill--Beat LaSalle by 4
5. Wyoming--Lost to Monroe by 3
6. Taylor---Lost to Madeira in OT by 4
7. Fenwick--Lost to McNick in OT by 4
8. Roger Bacon--Beat Carroll on a "3" at buzzer
9. Hughes--Lost to Taft
10. Batavia--Beat Wilmington by 5
11. Aiken--Beat Mt. Healthy in OT by 3
12. Monroe--Beat Wyoming by 3

Seeds 13-19 ( Badin, Blanchester, New Richmond, Wilmington, Bethel-Tate, Norwood, and Clinton Massie) will fill in the brackets once teams 1-12 take their spots on the brackets---some interesting decisions with results from this weekend's games.

Some pretty good early match-ups with Badin vs Bacon leading to Wyoming; Monroe vs Taylor leading to Indian Hill; and potential Hughes vs. Ross---I think any team that took a bye made a smart move (Indian Hill, New Richmond, Bethe-Tate, Wyoming, and Hughes) as far as giving their teams best chance to avoid quarantines--heard Kremer say Moe definitely considered a bye this year in D1 and Fairfield coach took one as well.

An 8-16 Roger Bacon team took out a 17-5 Badin in 2020 hopefully the Rams can return the favor in 2021.
Comet-which program is your son coaching with this year?

Hughes beat Trotwood last night by 1 in a huge upset.

1 - McNick
2 - Ross
3 - Woodward
4 - Indian Hill
5 - Wyoming
6 - Bacon
7 - Fenwick
8 - Taylor
9 - Hughes
10 - Batavia (Only because of record) I think they are 1 and done.
Sometimes just a lack of intimidation gives you a chance.

The Wilmington vs Ross game is being moved to Feb 22nd. Wilmington gets off quarantine the day before the original game was supposed to be. Ross gave the ok to move the game.

The Wilmington vs Ross game is being moved to Feb 22nd. Wilmington gets off quarantine the day before the original game was supposed to be. Ross gave the ok to move the game.
Thanks--I was wondering why the game was moved from the 20th to the 22nd---so apparently the 14 day quarantine for Wilmington would be from the 5th to the 19th with what you're saying---hard to play a tourney game with one or two practices for Wilmington.

Can Mason or Fairfield take out Centerville in the Southwest 1 District?
I think they both have a chance vs. Centerville. Fairfield weathered 2 quarantine pauses (one at the start of the season and another from 1/19 to 2/5) and put together a 13-4 season and GMC champs. Mason has had a sneaky good season at 15-5 (lost to FF by 1, East 2 times by 2 both times, Hamilton by 3) and has a big scorer in Killens and a deep bench. C'ville has had a great 18-3 season and beaten some very good teams, so if they face each other I believe it will be a tight game.

Late schedule change for D2 at Mason beginning Friday 2/19:

Mc Nicholas vs. Clinton Massie has been moved to an 8:00 start on 2/19 (was originally 5:00)
Woodward vs. Norwood has been moved to Saturday 2/20 at 7:30 from 2/19 at 7:30

Changes are due to 900 COVID vaccine shots for Mason District teachers being given at the Arena on Friday!!

Chatterbox sports will be doing games involving Ross, Badin and Fenwick for sure. The schedule will be on their website Chatterboxsports.com.
They have a daily schedule of which games they are carrying. I think they are doing most of the DI schedule in SWOhio as well. Tourney pass for all games which they claim will be 100+ is 14.99.

Hopefully this doesn't happen to any SW teams, but taking a bye might've been helpful for the tourney. In Columbus:

"Due to quarantine protocols, Africentric will not be able to play and will forfeit their Sectional game vs Amanda. Tough break for the kids and program as many felt they were a District Championship contender."

Can happen at the worse times and 4 weeks of a tourney are gonna be tough to navigate--better keep those contacts small and get into pods--it's 14 days of being out, plus practice time when getting back---tourney will pass them by.

Chatterbox sports will be doing games involving Ross, Badin and Fenwick for sure. The schedule will be on their website Chatterboxsports.com.
They have a daily schedule of which games they are carrying. I think they are doing most of the DI schedule in SWOhio as well. Tourney pass for all games which they claim will be 100+ is 14.99.
Thank you very much! Appreciate the info.

Chatterbox is doing all of the DI and DII games in Southwest Ohio (boys and girls) through the regional tournament. You have to sign up for the Live+ membership first ($13.99/month), which allows you to buy the Tourney pass for $14.99. Everything I've seen them do is well done, so if you are following more than just a team that will be one-and-done it should be worth it.