Division 1 State Semi: St. Xavier versus Springfield

But riverrat said their coaching would be the difference?????
Yes he was. But he doesn't play the game on the field. SHS outplayed X, especially on defense. Thus was a comeback win by X. Where was the big blowout you predicted based on SHS's weak schedule? SHS played them tougher than Lakota and had the better defense.

Yes he was. But he doesn't play the game on the field. SHS outplayed X, especially on defense. Thus was a comeback win by X. Where was the big blowout you predicted based on SHS's weak schedule? SHS played them tougher than Lakota and had the better defense.
So SHS outplayed X on defense, but X didn't outplay SHS on defense? Come on man, give it a rest.

Why are you arguing with someone irrelevant who is just trying to get you going

I still think X is a year away. PC should win this, but X defense has been playing better and better
I just looked at the PC v Mentor thread. Comments about PCs defense being somewhat vulnerable. If Xs offense decides to show up .......

Last edited:
Reactions: 4GX
I believe that St.X is now 7-0 in state semifinals games all time. Please tell us what Northmont's record is in the state semifinals.

Cats have shot themselves in the foot entire second half. Too many missed opportunities in the red zone and too many penalties. They have won the turnovers battle but still not capitalized. No doubt Cats have the more athleteisizm to compete with almost anyone in D1 team but they do not execute when it counts...
Tired of the athleticism schtick. They ain't that good.

I expect we'll see a much more efficient X 2d half. Important to remember these teams don't know each other and play different styles. With that said, I sense SHS is playing with alot of motivation and passion. They really want this. They need to get up 2 TDs, then let the defense finish it
Up 2 tds lol?? They couldn't score 2 tds. They ain't northmont big guy