Division 1 Semi Final: Archbishop Moeller (13-1) vs Springfield (12-1)

Who wins and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Springfield will win if they can contain the Moeller running game. A team with a solid running game has given Springfield fits over the years.

Moeller showed that they are susceptible to the pass unless they can pressure the QB. The Springfield QB will be a faster runner than LW; however I'm not sure if he's as or more accurate than the LW QB.

Lastly, Moeller is playing with a freshman QB as of the last 5-6 quarters over the past 2 games. If Springfield contains the run, I don't think the freshman QB will be ready to air it out all night. Plus, the pressure of each game will be a challenge for the young QB.

Does anyone know what happened to the other Moeller QB?

I expect this game to be close. Always root for public over private. Go Wildcats!
You think is faster/ better runner than Bolden?
He rushed 72 times
For 67 yards

Made an assumption! Your data suggests he's more of a pocket passer with little need to run and if he does, he is stopped quickly.

Made an assumption! Your data suggests he's more of a pocket passer with little need to run and if he does, he is stopped quickly.
Just interesting numbers Given the statement regarding his running/maneuverability ability vs Bolden
I would think if he’s faster than Bolden it may show up here ?

Giving out medical info on kids (true or rumored) just shouldn’t happen- on here or anywhere else. Same for all the speculation about Marshall- if he is under concussion protocol the only people who need to know that are his family, his coaches and the medical staff
Get ready for the 💩 show. Hopefully both young men are ok

Giving out medical info on kids (true or rumored) just shouldn’t happen- on here or anywhere else. Same for all the speculation about Marshall- if he is under concussion protocol the only people who need to know that are his family, his coaches, OHSAA and the medical staff
The Marshall issue was reported in the Enquirer this morning. For what that’s worth

The Marshall issue was reported in the Enquirer this morning. For what that’s worth
I saw that- said MAY have suffered a concussion according to a sideline report. Find that pretty irresponsible on the Enquirer, frankly- one reporter tweeted it out based on overhearing someone (not a coach/not a member of the medical staff) on the sideline mention the word concussion. Then every other reporter quoted that AM radio station as if it were fact. Neither the coaches nor the family have released any such info so it’s all just speculation. Just not a fan of this stuff being put out there as fact when it has not been confirmed.

Agree, if the Moeller O-line controls the line of scrimmage, it will be a long night for Springfield. However, Moeller can't contain the pass unless they can get pressure on the QB and therefore this game could be
He'll have time to be accurate again on Friday

I saw that- said MAY have suffered a concussion according to a sideline report. Find that pretty irresponsible on the Enquirer, frankly- one reporter tweeted it out based on overhearing someone (not a coach/not a member of the medical staff) on the sideline mention the word concussion. Then every other reporter quoted that AM radio station as if it were fact. Neither the coaches nor the family have released any such info so it’s all just speculation. Just not a fan of this stuff being put out there as fact when it has not been confirmed.
Agreed

I
hey. I was just the messenger

I

hey. I was just the messenger
I know- I was kind! Just too many messengers, like a game of telephone but with real consequences. Kid is being heavily recruited so it’s just boggling to me that these reporters just passed along without any confirmation

I know- I was kind! Just too many messengers, like a game of telephone but with real consequences. Kid is being heavily recruited so it’s just boggling to me that these reporters just passed along without any confirmation
Posts were saying they heard this and that. I merely factually stated his situation was mentioned in the morning paper

Last edited:
Ye
Posts were saying they heard this and that. I merely factually stated his situation was mentioned in the morning paper
Yeah, but just to be clear the morning paper did NOT confirm this information with anyoje who is capable of doing so- they skirted around it with the word MAY and an unnamed source.

I respect your opinion but There is a difference between saying a kid has a broken bone or a concussion vs something personal. Now if someone was on here saying some kid is passing herpes to the cheerleaders that’s not good.

I respect your opinion but There is a difference between saying a kid has a broken bone or a concussion vs something personal. Now if someone was on here saying some kid is passing herpes to the cheerleaders that’s not good.
I think saying a teenager was in a car accident let alone has a broken bone is completely inappropriate but everyone’s compass isn’t pointed the same way.

Schondo is not a runner and is nowhere near the same athlete that Bolden is. Schondo is an excellent passing qb though, but sometimes forces the ball which leads to turnovers.
I watched both of these teams in person this year and expect a slugfest. The Moeller qb switch is puzzling to me, but it doesn’t matter. Their offensive line is nasty and they’re loaded at running back. If the weather is dry, I expect a toss-up with over/under about 60 points. If weather affects the pass, Moeller wins by 10+ with over/under at 40.

Moeller coaches and fans should be mad at their staff. Several individuals connected to the Moeller staff were texting at halftime he is in concussion protocol. Word got out pretty quickly

Giving out medical info on kids (true or rumored) just shouldn’t happen- on here or anywhere else. Same for all the speculation about Marshall- if he is under concussion protocol the only people who need to know that are his family, his coaches, OHSAA and the medical staff
And apparently The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Hard to be mad at the Enquirer when the Moeller Staff made it public information
There is zero confirmation in the article today or any of the tweets last night from anyone who has a right to say so. Read the article again and the wording says as much. I’m not mad- I just find rumors being passed along to be bad reporting and unnecessary. Definitely don’t care for someone coming on a chat room and talking about a teenager having a car accident, not appropriate in my opinion. To each their own, but I think it’s wrong. These aren’t college players or pros they are teenagers.

Can anyone give me some background on the Moeller Frosh QB? Where is he from, where/who did he play for as an 8th grader? Stepping in as a Freshmen and starting a playoff game for a D1 game is kind of a big deal..obviously Moeller and others had their eyes on him for sometime. Just curious.
Also how tall is #6 who replaced Marshall really? Announcer said he was 5’9, if that’s true then the QB is about 6’4 and Marshall 6’1 lol.

Hard to be mad at the Enquirer when the Moeller Staff made it public information
I'm not so sure about that myself. If someone relates to a "journalist" information that's not legal to disclose and that journalist should reasonably KNOW it's not legal to disclose...

Not saying that's what happened here but that is the scenario being discussed.

Can anyone give me some background on the Moeller Frosh QB? Where is he from, where/who did he play for as an 8th grader? Stepping in as a Freshmen and starting a playoff game for a D1 game is kind of a big deal..obviously Moeller and others had their eyes on him for sometime. Just curious.
Also how tall is #6 who replaced Marshall really? Announcer said he was 5’9, if that’s true then the QB is about 6’4 and Marshall 6’1 lol.
Played at Queen of Peace in the GCYL (Catholic League). He is a Baller. He is 6'2" and from what I understand a really good baseball player.

There is zero confirmation in the article today or any of the tweets last night from anyone who has a right to say so. Read the article again and the wording says as much. I’m not mad- I just find rumors being passed along to be bad reporting and unnecessary. Definitely don’t care for someone coming on a chat room and talking about a teenager having a car accident, not appropriate in my opinion. To each their own, but I think it’s wrong. These aren’t college players or pros they are teenagers.
Like it or not he is a public figure in Cincinnati. The staff at Moeller was very careless. Fans in the stands knew exactly what was going on during the second half. It didn't take long for word to spread.

Played at Queen of Peace in the GCYL (Catholic League). He is a Baller. He is 6'2" and from what I understand a really good baseball player.
Thanks. I was wondering if the GCYL was still a thing. My son played at IHM before high school. Not familiar with Queen of Peace..does All Saints still have a team or are they part of Queen of Peace now?

Status
Not open for further replies.