Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Glenville by 1-8

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Glenville by 9-16

Votes: 39 27.9%
  • Glenville by 17+

Votes: 62 44.3%

• Total voters
Yes, Glenville is playing by the rules…. Those rules will be looked at no doubt as the feeder school Ginn Academy will start counting soon enough towards CB some day soon.

We can’t hold that inner city violence crutch forever. Clean it up. It’s literally caused by the people commenting here from there who have voted and supported terrible govt leaders for decades.

Can someone at least answer how many kids from Ginn Academy play football?? Seems to be kept a mystery for some reason.

Yes, Glenville is playing by the rules…. Those rules will be looked at no doubt as the feeder school Ginn Academy will start counting soon enough towards CB some day soon.

We can’t hold that inner city violence crutch forever. Clean it up. It’s literally caused by the people commenting here from there who have voted and supported terrible govt leaders for decades.

Can someone at least answer how many kids from Ginn Academy play football?? Seems to be kept a mystery for some reason.
Well you could get different answers to that question because they also have kids that play football for other schools…

No, they're committing fraud.

View attachment 50268
You can repeat this lie as often as you want, but it does not make it true.
Tell me where the lie is. The OHSAA, the governing body for high school sports in Ohio, says that Glenville's competitive balance is 0. If the competive balance of a school's sports team is 0, that means that everyone on that team lives in that school's catchment area. Which means that Glenville is PLAYING BY THE RULES!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to laugh too, but some of these folks…wow.

I get you don’t like how the OHSAA assigned a certain schin a certain division, but I read some of these comments & it seems like 1) Ted Ginn has spent 20 years masterminding this grand conspiracy & 2) some people are using “county” and “metro” as synonyms to hide very UGLY personal opinions
Its an aboslutely insane conspiracy theory and yeah a lot of the comments are definitely thinly veiled but it is what it is. Just happy other people are starting to see it

Go take a nap lmao. You have a political name on a high school football forum nobody takes you seriously. Just stop talking and support the program that looks the other way***

Last edited by a moderator:
That is true but it does not change the fact that those strong Mooney teams the OP was talking about were never in D5 as stated. They were in D3 or D4 all those years. That's all that I was responding to.
They had some great teams regardless of division. Did the fact that Canfield and South Range became elite programs hurt CM's football enrollment?

Who's responsible for rape culture in Steubenville? Answer me that

Go take a nap lmao. You have a political name on a high school football forum nobody takes you seriously. Just stop talking and support the program that looks the other way***
I don’t come to Yappi or any
Message board to be taken seriously. Lol.

Tell me where the lie is.
You know they don't all live in the attendance zone. Have some integrity and stop saying things you know to be false.

1700682251984.png

Its actually quite easy to discover a Glenville transfer has a father registered to vote from a home owned by a former Glenville and OSU star while said father still owns a home outside the Glenville district. Not saying there is anything wrong with that.

Big Red was ridiculously good that year. Nate Johnson was a freak on both sides of the ball. I believe Big Red smoked Boardman that year by like 4 tds. Same Boardman team that had beaten eventual D1 champ St Ignatius that year. WB was was very fortunate to win that game in Canton that night. What a crowd btw on both sides. Everything fell into place after a nightmare first half included hitting their first field goal in like a 100 years. Lol. I think the Warriors got a little help from above.
That was a tough one to lose.
Tell me where the lie is. The OHSAA, the governing body for high school sports in Ohio, says that Glenville's competitive balance is 0. If the competive balance of a school's sports team is 0, that means that everyone on that team lives in that school's catchment area. Which means that Glenville is PLAYING BY THE RULES!!!
actually that number is what was turned in by Glenville. But with all of the complaints, and by coach Ginn’s own words the OHSAA has been all over them and has verified their CB numbers. Usual procedure is to take a schools word for what is turned it. At this point I’m comfortable that they are playing by the rules OHSAA has set. I think the rules pertaining to this situation will be given a close look after the season. If it is not changed I see quite a few schools trying to do the same thing. Lots of schools have separate “academies” that offer stand alone curriculum and could be considered a second school. Having 2 schools to manipulate enrollment might just become a new normal and Coach Ginn would be considered the pioneer.

This thread is no longer about a football game involving a bunch of teenagers. It's just a complete waste of time at this point. You have to sift through a large amount of meaningless posts in order to read something about the FOOTBALL GAME in 2 days. Ridiculous!!

I want to laugh too, but some of these folks…wow.

I get you don’t like how the OHSAA assigned a certain school a certain division, but I read some of these comments & it seems like 1) Ted Ginn has spent 20 years masterminding this grand conspiracy & 2) some people are using “county” and “metro” as synonyms to hide very UGLY personal opinions
Some people on here are really struggling to contain what they really want to say. It’s embarrassing and makes South look bad. I hope everybody realizes that most of the people on here trashing Ginn and Glenville are NOT from Canton South. Everybody I’ve spoken to in South respects what Ginn has built and wants the chance to compete against them. That’s the thing with D4 kids. They might play against 1 D1 recruit all season long. So they spend their lives wondering how they’d have done if given the chance. This South team has the chance of a lifetime that no other kids from the small schools around here have the chance to do - compete against the best and see where you stack up. Maybe it’ll be a humbling experience. Or maybe they’ll surprise everybody. But they’ll bring their best and won’t be intimidated.

There is a turd in the punchbowl but we should pretend there isn't because NBC 1998 and Bball are annoyed that they can't enjoy their drinks!

I hope everybody realizes that most of the people on here trashing Ginn and Glenville are NOT from Canton South.
Boom!! @Bulldog7283 you nailed this. Any game thread with Glenville usually devolves into this drivel. And it gets worse the farther along we go as teams get knocked out of the playoffs and their fans have nothing left to do but shovel out loads of malarkey.

What will be really telling is who takes time tomorrow, on a national holiday dedicated to giving thanks, to come on here and shovel more malarkey.

Meanwhile both teams will be coming in for morning practice. Here's hoping they get to enjoy & appreciate that special moment.

There is a turd in the punchbowl but we should pretend there isn't because NBC 1998 and Bball are annoyed that they can't enjoy their drinks!
If you had added anything to the actual GAME conversation it might have changed the thread tone. Dover played Canton South this year so I figure you'd have something to add to the discussion. Instead you went...another way.

Some people on here are really struggling to contain what they really want to say. It’s embarrassing and makes South look bad. I hope everybody realizes that most of the people on here trashing Ginn and Glenville are NOT from Canton South. Everybody I’ve spoken to in South respects what Ginn has built and wants the chance to compete against them. That’s the thing with D4 kids. They might play against 1 D1 recruit all season long. So they spend their lives wondering how they’d have done if given the chance. This South team has the chance of a lifetime that no other kids from the small schools around here have the chance to do - compete against the best and see where you stack up. Maybe it’ll be a humbling experience. Or maybe they’ll surprise everybody. But they’ll bring their best and won’t be intimidated.
A perfect take. For South it’s all about the opportunity. Huge opportunity exists when everybody but themselves gives them no chance. Basically an opportunity to shock the Ohio HS Football world. Who can ask for anything better in what could be your last game. Teams can really build on the fact that nobody is giving them a chance. Embrace the opportunity. I know that’s how this Big Red fan feels if we get by Alter and end up playing Glenville

You are…you really want to go down that rabbit hole? 2 kids making a mistake 13 years ago does not create a culture. Should we do some searching for what Glenville kids have done in the last 13 years? Probably not, because time doesn’t allow.

All these Gville threads go to crap once we hear how Ginn is some savior to an environment created by the people in that environment.

Nothing more or less.

What was it…. 13-15 letterman at other schools last year transfer in?? Somehow they were already succeeding before people bring out the crutch and act like they were in a terrible environment.

Legal…. I guess so but it is laughable and always will be brought up.

All these Gville threads go to crap once we hear how Ginn is some savior to an environment created by the people in that environment.

Nothing more or less.

What was it…. 13-15 letterman at other schools last year transfer in?? Somehow they were already succeeding before people bring out the crutch and act like they were in a terrible environment.

And these threads digress even further when folks like Dex want to bring up something from 13 years ago that was resolved in a court of law.

I really do not understand why it has to be one or the other. You can appreciate what Ginn does and the better opportunity he/the school provides to the kids that attend. I also do not see why saying there is something wrong with a school open to a population of millions, should not be playing against towns of 15,000.

That is not to say Glenville is doing anything wrong. OHSAA is the ones who wrote the rules and enforce it. It is on them to correct not a loophole, but oversite going forward.

As for Glenvilles opposing players, I am sure they are looking at this as an opportunity to schock Ohio, continue their missionfor a title, showcase their talent for scholarship opportunities, etc. The players I'm sure are not lacking motivation. Lets face it , it is us adults who are on here causing the ruckus.

I hope OHSAA looks to tweak their rules moving forward. Can we all agree that a team that constantly reloads the departure of D1 college prospects with the next crop of D1 college prospects being in D4 in not organic? There are tons of D1 and D2 schools (I would even say the majority) who are not able to get that type of production, yet a D4 school is. I thought the whole point of CB was to move the schools who benefit from drawing huge population areas to play up in classifications against the bigger schools who can handle playing a Glenville, Hoban, Benedictine, etc better than a smaller school.

With all that said, there is nothing that can be done but sit back and hope for a good game that the players come out healthy. Support the team you want, and hope they prepared to bring it. Good luck to both teams.

Nothing more or less.

Delusional. Seriously just say what you REALLY want to say already. Its week 15. Man up and just say it.

Last edited: