Div IV Reg 13 Semi West Branch 11-1 vs Canton South 12-0

I think it could be the type of game when the focus is on the great qb play and Boston M runs for 180.
I was trying to think over the course of West Branch football history, how many two-time 1,000-yard running backs the school has had. They have traditionally been so pass-dominant, I would venture to guess there have only been a handful of two-time 1,000-yard running backs like Mulinix in WB history. They've had a lot of one-time 1,000-yard rushers, but just a handful have done that twice. Being he is only a junior, Mulinix will likely be a three-time 1,000-yard plus running back next year as well, and I don't know if that's ever happened at WB. Feel free to chime in, historians.

I ok o CD so yea
I think it could be the type of game when the focus is on the great qb play and Boston M runs for 180.
The reason I picked WB is because of the many weapons they have. Perry, Jackson, Smith, Gregory, Mullinex - all would be stars on most other teams and I don't think any of them are seniors. WB Fans, am I missing anyone, are they all underclassman? I heard you have a quarterback coming up that has a chance to carry on the great QB tradition.

I was trying to think over the course of West Branch football history, how many two-time 1,000-yard running backs the school has had. They have traditionally been so pass-dominant, I would venture to guess there have only been a handful of two-time 1,000-yard running backs like Mulinix in WB history. They've had a lot of one-time 1,000-yard rushers, but just a handful have done that twice. Being he is only a junior, Mulinix will likely be a three-time 1,000-yard plus running back next year as well, and I don't know if that's ever happened at WB. Feel free to chime in, historians.
I was just talking about this with Boston’s uncle last night at work. I can’t really think of any. Just off the top of my head some possibilities would be Blasiman, Mark ? (‘77 class his name escapes me right now .I think he has passed. )Kring, Louden , Thompson, Hinton, Lohnes, Wells. I remember Billy Butcher busting some nice runs too.Mark Davies. I remember now .

Last edited:
According to the athletics website, Wells had 1366 in 2011 and 1432 in 2012.
Mulinix had 1391 last year and 1168 this year.
Those are the only two that I can see.
Wells (3,747) has the career record.

I ok o CD so yea

The reason I picked WB is because of the many weapons they have. Perry, Jackson, Smith, Gregory, Mullinex - all would be stars on most other teams and I don't think any of them are seniors. WB Fans, am I missing anyone, are they all underclassman? I heard you have a quarterback coming up that has a chance to carry on the great QB tradition.
Yes they are all underclassmen. There are only 4 seniors this year. Alazaus is the only senior starter on offense. Two seniors start on defense. There is definitely another QB ready to take the reins next year.

Halftime. WB with the most bizarre strategy so far . Woody Hayes would be proud. South moving the ball as expected as the Warriors decided to repeatedly test the interior of the line while we all scratch our heads.

Unsurprisingly, WB faces a decent playoff opponent and proceeds to soil themselves going with a gameplan that they haven't really used all year.
Moment too big once again and the short dribble kick after their TD before the half was one of the worst decisions considering South is doing whatever they want on offense.
Give South credit, as they are rallying to all these underneath pass catchers (which is mind-boggling).

Unsurprisingly, WB faces a decent playoff opponent and proceeds to soil themselves going with a gameplan that they haven't really used all year.
Moment too big once again and the short dribble kick after their TD before the half was one of the worst decisions considering South is doing whatever they want on offense.
Give South credit, as they are rallying to all these underneath pass catchers (which is mind-boggling).
Just humor me just once and run it outside the tackles. Good grief. They didn’t give these guys a chance.Run the wildcat . Anything .

Last edited:
Congratulations to Canton South . Awesome team and qb. Credit the South defense but WB looked defeated when they got off the bus tonight. I knew Poochie and that offense was going to score, just didn’t see them having the ball constantly with the WB offense sputtering. Not sure why. The good news is the Warriors lose ONE guy on each side of the ball next season . Look out.

Last edited:
Very interesting…
Looked like they didn't try the edges. The game was won by Snyder, so many time the play broke down and he made something happen, what a great player! South had a good defensive game plan early too. Well coached game! Great season WB and keep it rolling South.

Last edited:
Looked like they didn't try the edges. The game was won by Snyder, so many time the play broke down and he made something happen, what a great player! South had a good defensive game plan early too. Well coached game! Great season WB and keep it rolling South.
Only way you’re going to beat Snyder is to keep him on the sidelines with your own offense and WB couldn’t do it .

I thought wb struggled run blocking early but that was because south seemed stronger up front.
They definitely weren’t moving them up front. I do wish they would have tested the edges. I honestly don’t remember them doing it once in the first half and the game was basically over after the first 2 stops .

First off congrats to South... Poochie was the difference maker tonight and definetly the best player on the field...

As For WB the coaching staff must have thought we were going to lose before we even got off the bus... no fire or intensity out of the gate.. play calling was conservative and not even our style.... We didn't use #3 as a wildcat on offense at all and we have obviously been implementing that the last few weeks of the season. Not punting the ball on 4th and 3 was a bad call in my opinion that early in the game because we gave poochie an even shorter field. The turnover on down inside the 1 (I still think he had the first down) was also a huge momentum switch game would have been 13-7 instead it turns into a 20-0 lead and the onside kick with 37 seconds before the half you gave them 3 points and made it a 3 score game... You gotta kick that ball deep... WB only had 3 seniors so in a way this team slightly overachieved in my opinion... next year is the year we are supposed to make some noise.... I don't have enough time to comment on our Defense or lack of adjustments on that side of the ball... zone D all game!!! Poochie picked it apart atleast play man and give your athletes a chance to make a play on the ball... why not spy poochie with a safety or a nickel... he was obviously way to quick for our linebackers to contain in space... On to next year! Go Warriors!

They definitely weren’t moving them up front. I do wish they would have tested the edges. I honestly don’t remember them doing it once in the first half and the game was basically over after the first 2 stops .
Yeah I dunno what the thinking was there... I mean I watched the buchtel game and that was the biggest thing I saw they were able to run on the edges but stuggled up the middle....

I drove over an hour to watch this game and I really thought it was gonna be a back n forth shootout...It was not !! South absolutely dominated this game on both sides of the ball..I sat on the WB side and ill tell ya it was hard to watch...I was talking to one of the players family members beside me after halftime (the score was 30-7 at that point) and they were telling me that they felt like WB players and coaches overlooked Canton South because all of the talk about the Pac-7 being a weak conference this year and everybody saying Streetsboro was a way better team than Buchtel ...Dont know if I agree that's what happened or what.....But I do know that Canton South controlled the line of scrimmage start to finish... And coming into this game their defense had been questionable all year...It was on point tonight....We knew they could score...But I will say Canton South puts on one hell of a show....At one point Poochie had completed 13 passes in a row to 4 different receivers....West Branch wasn't even on Souths level tonight....But i am excited that WB is only losing a few seniors this year and will be an absolute unit next year !!!!!

Last edited:
I think the o-line is WB's biggest area for improvement but they are coming back. The defense didn't play that bad, but Snyder make a lot a plays when he appeared to be stopped. South did a great job keeping the WB offense off the field once got the lead. I think wb had the hall 1 time in the 3rd quarter and that was a quick touchdown.

I also thought that game would be a shootout, something like 48-41 or 42-40 West Branch. South scored about what I thought they would but WB got about half of what I thought they would score. South did control the LOS on both sides of the ball and Mr. Snyder is a playmaker that must be accounted for on every down. Congratulations to South on making it to their first regional final. My only prediction for next week is that the Wildcats will win this region. In fact I guarantee it. :)

Yeah I dunno what the thinking was there... I mean I watched the buchtel game and that was the biggest thing I saw they were able to run on the edges but stuggled up the middle....

I took away the same thing from the Buchtel game, the Griffs had a lot of success on the edges. I thought Mr. Mulinix would be able to do so as well. He has that quickness. The game was broadcast on local TV on delay and I recorded it. I have not watched the game in its entirety yet. On the first play of the game WB tried to get Boston on the edge, South dropped him for a two yard loss. They tried to run it wide to the opposite side on the 2nd play with the quick WR I think it was but they got flagged for holding. Does South always employ four LBers? Is that their base D? You know I watched that Buchtel game last week but I don't remember if they did or not. They did last night. They did a great job controlling WBs offense.