Div III Standouts for State Champs

STVM's game against Thurgood Marshall could decide if they even make the playofffs. But I agree, if they get in they have a good shot at repeating.

[QUOTEi=Ville-ified;5504141]STVM's game against Thurgood Marshall could decide if they even make the playofffs. But I agree, if they get in they have a good shot at repeating.[/QUOTE]
Where is that game? I will travel up to Dayton to watch that.

Southview has been impressive in the playoffs since 08. In 06 Central started the season 9-0 and lost to the eventual state champs.

Southview has been impressive in the playoffs since 08. In 06 Central started the season 9-0 and lost to the eventual state champs.

They have been? That's news to me lol. My whole point is this. There needs to be mutual respect for other teams that are power houses as well. When people just dismiss them and say team X is #1 and then everyone else it tells me a few things. They either have no clue about football outside of their little bubble. Or they're just stirring the pot.

They have been? That's news to me lol. My whole point is this. There needs to be mutual respect for other teams that are power houses as well. When people just dismiss them and say team X is #1 and then everyone else it tells me a few things. They either have no clue about football outside of their little bubble. Or they're just stirring the pot.

Or, in the case of a longtime poster who knows his stuff, and always has been classy, he feels very confident about Central Catholic's chances. Frankly, so do I.

Or, in the case of a longtime poster who knows his stuff, and always has been classy, he feels very confident about Central Catholic's chances. Frankly, so do I.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Central Catholic D2 state champs last year and return a ton of talent this year, including one of the country's best linebackers and also one of the country's best quarterback.

I'm new to D3 so I can't say much for the original D3 schools, but I'm all too familiar with Trotwood Madison and would definitely put them up there as a serious contender.

First off I meant no disrespect but ToledoCentralCath said it plain and simple, "I can't say much for the original D3 schools". You have a lot of schools in the new D3 that are serious contenders to dismiss them to me is foolish. That's just my opinion though. SVSM remains in D3.

You are entitled to your opinion, which I respect. But then so am I. I've been around a little while and know more than you think. No pot stirring here, just stating my opinion. I meant no disrespect to the other DIII programs. I just believe that TCC is a step above the rest of the division.

I disagree about Toledo CC over St. V. No way you can look at it as them in a different class all together. I would love to see these to face off in the playoffs and hope to see it happen. Would be one hell of a football game.

The Fighting Irish are the defending State
Champions in this division. They were loaded
and young last year and will be more experienced
and talented this year. The road to a SC in
2013 goes through St VM, period, but keep
on disrespecting if it makes you feel better.

If they get some size on OL and a QB, they will win it. This season it will be more challenging to win it in D3. Mooney, Ursuline, and Massillon will be the tough ones again for STVM.

Hoban(ouch, that hurts to say),

their O-Line last year was extremely undersized. They made up for the lack of size with speed and technique. This years Line will be very similar to last years, undersized but quick and smart. It's a perfect fit for the style of game they play. The QB this year will be as good, as last years. Different styles but just as effective. This years will be more athletic and 10x's faster which will give Defenses problems. He looked very good at the OSU Camp last Friday. He will turn some heads. Mooney, Ursuline and Massillon are always tough games. Throw in a Thurgood Marshall this year and the Irish will definitely be battle tested come Playoff time. I'm predicting an Irish "W" against Mooney and Massillon this year. We shall see.

Hoban(ouch, that hurts to say),

their O-Line last year was extremely undersized. They made up for the lack of size with speed and technique. This years Line will be very similar to last years, undersized but quick and smart. It's a perfect fit for the style of game they play. The QB this year will be as good, as last years. Different styles but just as effective. This years will be more athletic and 10x's faster which will give Defenses problems. He looked very good at the OSU Camp last Friday. He will turn some heads. Mooney, Ursuline and Massillon are always tough games. Throw in a Thurgood Marshall this year and the Irish will definitely be battle tested come Playoff time. I'm predicting an Irish "W" against Mooney and Massillon this year. We shall see.

Wow! Want to make a friendly wager on the Mooney game? A pop and burger or wings at Dante's? The Massillon game would be stealing so I will not even mention it.

Does anyone know for sure if Trotwood is going to play Steubenville this year? I have heard the rumor, but it has not been confirmed. I would love to see a home and home happen.

I believe Trotwood and Steubenville play next year, however the Ram's week 3 opponent is still open, so it could be. The rest of Trotwood's opponents this year are all familiar.

8/30 N Springfield
9/6 H Wayne
9/20 A Kettering Fairmont
9/27 H West Carrollton
10/4 H Piqua
10/11 A Greenville
10/18 H Troy
10/25 A Sidney
11/1 A Butler