Div I, Region 4 Playoff Thread

You know all those asian and Indian kids you guys use an excuse as to why you can’t play football better? They are also why your academic profile is ranked where it is… Little Aiden and Tyler are not even I n the same classes as Sunjay and Huang
That’s a pretty nasty post - Sunjay and Huang? Wonderful Christian attitude.

It’s obvious you despise Mason based on your posts through the years. I have no idea why, it’s not like there are many Mason fans on Yappi. Your next positive post on Mason will be your first.

That’s a pretty nasty post - Sunjay and Huang? Wonderful Christian attitude.

It’s obvious you despise Mason based on your posts through the years. I have no idea why, it’s not like there are many Mason fans on Yappi. Your next positive post on Mason will be your first.
Mason fans saying the reason they stink at sports is because there are too many non-athletic Asian and Indian kids is not a problem but my response calling them out for being racists is nasty? Get a grip! First of all I know many athletic kids of Asian decent including one of my sons best friends who won a state championship ring right alongside mine. We also know other amazingly athletically gifted Asian and Indian kids from Mason in multiple sports so saying they aren’t is nasty. Second of all- the constant bashing of Moeller / private schools as being inferior and mocking their religion is also nasty.
I listed my reasons for being glad that Moeller crushed Mason- you should have seen those when you clearly decided to stalk me this week…
Plus it is yappi- the land of make believe, who really cares?

Mason fans saying the reason they stink at sports is because there are too many non-athletic Asian and Indian kids is not a problem but my response calling them out for being racists is nasty? Get a grip! First of all I know many athletic kids of Asian decent including one of my sons best friends who won a state championship ring right alongside mine. We also know other amazingly athletically gifted Asian and Indian kids from Mason in multiple sports so saying they aren’t is nasty. Second of all- the constant bashing of Moeller / private schools as being inferior and mocking their religion is also nasty.
I listed my reasons for being glad that Moeller crushed Mason- you should have seen those when you clearly decided to stalk me this week…
Plus it is yappi- the land of make believe, who really cares?
You and CinciIllini fan both made your point. Now reenter the land of make believe and leave all the ideology, bias opinions and bigotry the heck out of a friendly sports forum. The world has enough problems as it is without dragging them into this space. You don't live in Cleveland! 🙏 GBM 💪 🏈

You and CinciIllini fan both made your point. Now reenter the land of make believe and leave all the ideology, bias opinions and bigotry the heck out of a friendly sports forum. The world has enough problems as it is without dragging them into this space. You don't live in Cleveland! 🙏 GBM 💪
Birdog cleaning up the streets of the inter-web with the Sam Wyche reference......well played.

Oh, well if YOU have your kids there that means it must be the best!

It all depends on where your public school is. Private schools are definitely not across the board better than public schools, just because something costs more doesn't mean it is better.

There's a reason Moeller doesn't share their comparable data to public schools for tools like the USNews rankings, it's because parents like you would realize they are wasting money relative to many of the public schools kids could otherwise be attending. Especially a school like Mason who is 11th in the state out of over 1000 public high schools.

Lakota used to be up that high as well and has certainly slipped some in recent years, thanks in no part to an absolutely psychotic school board member who somehow earns re-election, but they are still in the top 100.

Now, if you live in some goat herder district like Edgewood or some has-been area like Norwood, yes it makes sense to send your kid to a private school to make sure they get a good education. But if you live in Mason but are sending your kid to Moeller to "get a better education", they don't make clown shoes big enough to fit that level of ignorance.
Not sure on the quality of education private vs public, but Moeller is free (like Mason) and cost nothing if you are on the Free Tuition Team.

I get it, you can't discuss the points I'm making so you make it about me instead of what we are talking about. WTF does my resume have to do with anything?

I could be a plumber and it doesn't change the fact that despite having the most individual talent of any team in R4 this year, they didn't even make the regional final. The team under-achieved relative to the talent they had. Find me anyone who isn't a hopeless homer who disagrees. You won't.

It's EXACTLY what I laid out for your Princeton homers at the beginning of the season, you guys ran your mouths all season, and now are feeling dumb and defensive, I totally get it.

And LOL at me helping Princeton with anything, they are doing a great job of under-achieving as it is, so I'm going to stay out of their way and let them continue to come up short.

This was not their "best season", it's the exact same season Daniels had in 2021. The program is exactly where it was when he left, except I do agree the individual players are better, but the team results are the same. Just because the program decided it was a good idea to play a 4 hour road game against a 1-9 Elyria team and ended undefeated regular season due to the league being weak doesnt mean this season was any different from 2021. They exited in the regional semi.

enjoy the GMC trophy! Lakota is still playing.
So let me get this straight? Princeton is "under-achieving" just because a nimrod on yappi like yourself says so? And what would be your definition of a successful season for Princeton? State title? Let's hear it Skip Sayless. How far should they have gone? Regional Champs? State Finals? State Champs? Let's hear it...

In fact, break down the entire team by name/position/and issue. You know so much about them.

I will be eagerly waiting for your expert HOT take. It can not get any better :LOL:

Last edited:
So let me get this straight? Princeton is "under-achieving" just because a nimrod on yappi like yourself says so? And what would be your definition of a successful season for Princeton? State title? Let's hear it Skip Sayless. How far should they have gone? Regional Champs? State Finals? State Champs? Let's hear it...

In fact, break down the entire team by name/position/and issue. You know so much about them.

I will be eagerly waiting for your expert HOT take. It can not get any better :LOL:
Let it go haha.

This thread is toxic. Let’s talk R4 playoffs. What in the rabbit hole are we doing?! Moeller 27-13 W in the rain this week.
(THANK YOU) Rain should clear out by afternoon based on reports I've seen. Not sure about that score. Moeller definitely will be prepared and will compete, but so will West. I feel like this may be a low scoring affair with West having better than a puncher's chance of winning. Despite what people have pointed out on here regarding West's offense, they are much better since the first 2 weeks of the season. 21-17 West IMO

You and CinciIllini fan both made your point. Now reenter the land of make believe and leave all the ideology, bias opinions and bigotry the heck out of a friendly sports forum. The world has enough problems as it is without dragging them into this space. You don't live in Cleveland! 🙏 GBM 💪 🏈
You got it birddog- in the light of day not my finest moment even though I was being sarcastic, I was mighty angry at the racist excuse. Dang- all I wanted was some hot chocolate and these guys…

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

The 4 teams that Moeller lost to are a combined 47-3 and ALL still playing for a chance at a state championship within the next 2 weeks. LW 12 opponents combined have 49 wins all season sans the second Princeton gm bc they played twice! LW played only 4 teams with winning records. The schedule has prepared Moeller for weeks 11 and on like it does every year. They pulled off the gas at halftime on Mason or they would have pummeled them by 60. The stingy D of the comets looked D3 and got carved up by a sophomore QB. Moe by 14

Last edited:
The 4 teams that Moeller lost to are a combined 47-3 and ALL still playing for a chance at a state championship within the next 2 weeks. LW 12 opponents combined have 49 wins all season! The schedule has prepared Moeller for weeks 12 and on like it does ever year. They pulled off the gas at halftime on Mason. The stingy D of the comets looked D3 and got carved up by a sophomore QB. Moe by 14
Yes, Moeller is more battle-tested than LW. An advantage all GCL schools have over GMC teams, specifically in this point in the season. But strength of schedule isn’t going to be the root of tale here.

Also worth noting, Mason is not Lakota West.

Yes, Moeller is more battle-tested than LW. An advantage all GCL schools have over GMC teams, specifically in this point in the season. But strength of schedule isn’t going to be the root of tale here.

This is the part of the season that counts. Nobody wins championships in week 6 vs Oak Hills and Sycamore. GMC makes their own bed and they sleep in it week 12 or so when their best team turns their equipment in. Colerain won 20 GMC championships with 2 trips to Canton and had 12 all state kids in ‘04 to win a state title. Bolden has a history of getting out coached come R4 playoffs. Combs & Bolden had a Lamborghini in ‘04 just didn’t need to wreck it

and Lakota West is not Moeller! GBM 💪 🏈

This is the part of the season that counts. Nobody wins championships in week 6 vs Oak Hills and Sycamore. GMC makes their own bed and they sleep in it week 12 or so when their best team turns their equipment in. Colerain won 20 GMC championships with 2 trips to Canton and had 12 all state kids in ‘04 to win a state title. Bolden has a history of getting out coached come R4 playoffs. Combs & Bolden had a Lamborghini in ‘04 just didn’t need to wreck it
Bolden has also won the region several times and made multiple trips to Canton. Is he not qualified as a coach to win this game? Moeller has an advantage from being more battle-tested. But are we looking at the schematics of it here? I think back to the 2021 St. Xavier R4 Semi rematch in Week 13. St. Xavier played a much harder schedule and were clear favorites. Lakota West found a way. Tommy Bolden’s Firebirds will make a way tomorrow night.

23-10 Moeller

LW offense stands no shot against Moellers defense. LW offense only managed to score 10 pts against mason when Moellers offense put up 35 on them in the first half. LW defense will struggle to contain the multiple offensive threats that Moeller poses. Everyone overlooks their passing game for Marshall.

Bolden has also won the region several times and made multiple trips to Canton. Is he not qualified as a coach to win this game? Moeller has an advantage from being more battle-tested. But are we looking at the schematics of it here? I think back to the 2021 St. Xavier R4 Semi rematch in Week 13. St. Xavier played a much harder schedule and were clear favorites. Lakota West found a way. Tommy Bolden’s Firebirds will make a way tomorrow night.

Multiple trips to Canton?

Has not won the region several times. Combs did once. Bolden did 1x in 2018 and got smacked by Ed’s in Canton. Guy has been around forever and lived off of 1 team 20 years ago. Can he coach? Yea, he can…But he has played some big time inferior opponents over the years. That’s his legacy. Beat up on blah teams. Inflate your record, get boxed week 13

Has not won the region several times. Combs did once. Bolden did 1x in 2018 and got smacked by Ed’s in Canton. Guy has been around forever and lived off of 1 team 20 years ago. Can he coach? Yea, he can…But he has played some big time inferior opponents over the years. That’s his legacy. Beat up on blah teams. Inflate your record, get boxed week 13
At least Bolden doesn't wear eyeblack...great coaches don't need gimmicks.

A few fact corrections here:

While Coombs only had 1 state title, he should have absolutely had 2 but had the ineligible player incident before the 1995 state championship game. They beat Brunswick 49-0 in the semifinal, and, when Brunswick got put in the championship instead, they lost to Iggy 41-21. Colerain would have absolutely won that game as they had the clear best team in the state. Under Coombs, they came close on a number of other occasions as well where, at the very least, they were a top 2-3 team in the state. They had a 10-7 loss and a 10-6 loss in semifinals to the eventual champion in 2000 and 2006, and lost 28-21 and 24-23 in consecutive regional finals in 2002 and 2003 to the state champion in Elder, and then the 12-9 overtime game against eventual state champion St. X in 2005. In 16 seasons, Coombs won 1 state title and 4 regional titles (1995, 2000, 2004, 2006) with at least 3 other heartbreaking losses while having a championship-caliber team. He probably had 7 out of 16 seasons where they could have won the state title but did end up with only 1.

This is now Bolden's 16th season as head coach at Colerain and Lakota West. Bolden has 0 state titles and 2 regional titles (2015, 2018). He has lost in the regional title 7 times (I'm counting the weird 2 D1 region years where they made the final 8), but only twice to an eventual state champion. There were probably only 2 teams, Colerain in 2012 and 2018, that were good enough to win the state title.

A few fact corrections here:

While Coombs only had 1 state title, he should have absolutely had 2 but had the ineligible player incident before the 1995 state championship game. They beat Brunswick 49-0 in the semifinal, and, when Brunswick got put in the championship instead, they lost to Iggy 41-21. Colerain would have absolutely won that game as they had the clear best team in the state. Under Coombs, they came close on a number of other occasions as well where, at the very least, they were a top 2-3 team in the state. They had a 10-7 loss and a 10-6 loss in semifinals to the eventual champion in 2000 and 2006, and lost 28-21 and 24-23 in consecutive regional finals in 2002 and 2003 to the state champion in Elder, and then the 12-9 overtime game against eventual state champion St. X in 2005. In 16 seasons, Coombs won 1 state title and 4 regional titles (1995, 2000, 2004, 2006) with at least 3 other heartbreaking losses while having a championship-caliber team. He probably had 7 out of 16 seasons where they could have won the state title but did end up with only 1.

This is now Bolden's 16th season as head coach at Colerain and Lakota West. Bolden has 0 state titles and 2 regional titles (2015, 2018). He has lost in the regional title 7 times (I'm counting the weird 2 D1 region years where they made the final 8), but only twice to an eventual state champion. There were probably only 2 teams, Colerain in 2012 and 2018, that were good enough to win the state title.
I was at the 2000 game rooting for the Bears and that was a heck-uva a ball game.