• Hoban by 9-16

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Hoban by 17+

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Massillon wins their first title in over half a century. There are many great Massillon fans (not on Yappi) and players I have enjoyed meeting over the years. They need a win Thursday and I hope they get it.
If Hoban wins, Mass PD better do some wellness checks. Some folks disappeared after Hoban stomped Mass in PBTS a couple years ago. I'm sure they will show up after a win 🥴

I think Massillon wins their first title in over half a century. There are many great Massillon fans (not on Yappi) and players I have enjoyed meeting over the years. They need a win Thursday and I hope they get it.
If Hoban wins, Mass PD better do some wellness checks. Some folks disappeared after Hoban stomped Mass in PBTS a couple years ago. I'm sure they will show up after a win 🥴
I noticed how early your post was and I thought it was sad, sad because you sound so bitter and tormented and full of hate. They say one filled with bitterness will drink poison and hope the one they hate dies. I pray you find some peace in your life and dwell on that.

Okay, they haven't won state since the start of state tournaments, but that doesn't mean you can disregard their championships before that. It has been a fluke that they haven't won in over 50 years of state football tournaments. Thursday you'll see why it has been a fluke
Fluke? Or they just weren’t good or the best team in their division. Is it a fluke ND hasn’t won a NC game or a fluke the Browns haven’t won since prior to the 1st Super Bowl. Come on now. They have a great shot at winning Thursday, any team does but if they lose it’s not a fluke that Hoban won either.

Fluke? Or they just weren’t good or the best team in their division. Is it a fluke ND hasn’t won a NC game or a fluke the Browns haven’t won since prior to the 1st Super Bowl. Come on now. They have a great shot at winning Thursday, any team does but if they lose it’s not a fluke that Hoban won either.
I think he’s saying that in totality it’s somewhat a fluke that Massillon hasn’t won…they’ve had years where they lost in the semis on missed PATs, played Moe with a QB that had two broken thumbs, lost the schools all time leading rusher the week before the ‘18 champ game, etc.

Needing to win on the field

If you look at their history, it's not hard to realize why Massillon got the benefit of the doubt with voters back then. Even now, there's only a select teams that have had Massillon's number in big games. Historically, Cleveland St. Ignatius & Cincinnati Moeller was their main "kryptonite" while in recent years, they've gone back & forth with Akron Hoban. As a Warren Harding fan, I think that our 2002 team prevented what would've been a very interesting matchup with Cincinnati Elder. The better Canton McKinley teams knocked off some nice Tiger squads as well.

When I saw Coach Nate Moore at last year's Massillon-Harding basketball game, I asked him how it felt to pass Paul Brown in wins? He said, "It means nothing because we haven't won it all." He's a great guy who is extremely passionate about winning, enhancing their rich tradition, and setting his players up for the next level. IMO, Massillon is better now than they've ever been, but what's scary is that they're only getting stronger by the year. This year's team is the best that I've seen Harding play since '97 Canton McKinley and that says an awful lot.

Personally, I'm rooting for Coach Moore to get over the hump and if that happens, we just might see a St. Eds/Hoban-like takeover. After they learn how to win the first one, it's gonna be mighty difficult to keep them from winning more. You heard it here first.

Nate Moore has a staff of FOOTBALL coaches who go to clinics, innovate and genuinely could go coach anywhere from middle school to the college level. Hoban coaches are good guys but probably could only coach at a place like Hoban (Tyrell excluded). Now to be fair, I more or less felt the same way last week versus Avon. But the difference is that Nate Moore believes he can win, where Elder didn’t think he could.

Nate Moore has a staff of FOOTBALL coaches who go to clinics, innovate and genuinely could go coach anywhere from middle school to the college level. Hoban coaches are good guys but probably could only coach at a place like Hoban (Tyrell excluded). Now to be fair, I more or less felt the same way last week versus Avon. But the difference is that Nate Moore believes he can win, where Elder didn’t think he could.
Lol wtf. The reason Tim has been successful and this defense is what it is, is from the staff. They are some dudes and can guarantee that they go to clinics and could coach anywhere as well. It’s not groundbreaking coaches going to clinics and being innovative. Every coach goes to them. Lol I agree Moore believes he can win, he’s made it this far and has an excellent team, but to say they can only coach at Hoban lmao. Come on now

Yes those are flukes too.
I think he’s saying that in totality it’s somewhat a fluke that Massillon hasn’t won…they’ve had years where they lost in the semis on missed PATs, played Moe with a QB that had two broken thumbs, lost the schools all time leading rusher the week before the ‘18 champ game, etc.
BINGO. That's exactly what I am saying. To think that Massillon stopped winning state championships just because they started giving the state title to the teams that won the state tournament is ignorance. Look at the success they have had throughout the tournament process. They should have won state many times in the last 50 years. I understand they didn't, but easily should have 10

Last edited:
From this old 'Dog, good luck Massillon Thursday night.
Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 15.15.30.png

I remember YOU disappearing after your pups were beaten by 40 points on your very own field.

Lol wtf. The reason Tim has been successful and this defense is what it is, is from the staff. They are some dudes and can guarantee that they go to clinics and could coach anywhere as well. It’s not groundbreaking coaches going to clinics and being innovative. Every coach goes to them. Lol I agree Moore believes he can win, he’s made it this far and has an excellent team, but to say they can only coach at Hoban lmao. Come on now
Hoban has a bunch of really good coaches and mentors to these young men.

Yes those are flukes too.

BINGO. That's exactly what I am saying. To think that Massillon stopped winning state championships just because they started giving the state title to the teams that won the state tournament is ignorance. Look at the success they have had throughout the tournament process. They should have won state many times in the last 50 years. I understand they didn't, but easily should have 10
They didn’t win in the last 50+ years and that’s a fact. Worth arguing though is that they might have more than 24 from the poll era if there was a tournament. They were quite dominant in the day. They had 7 poll championships in a row in the late 40s early 50s. Of which one of those guys I know. Pushing 90 and still exercising. They may have won less had there been a championship, but they may have won more.

Yep, Tyrrell goes out to the 1st and 2nd grade flag football games every week and recruits coaches from those games to help with Hoban the next week. Yikes, I'm no Hoban fan but they have plenty of capable coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.