Div. 1 Cincy Brackets

I'm surprised St. X as the #5 jumped into Mason's bracket as the #3 seed.

Sectional match ups should be pretty good.

If I had to guess...

Anderson vs. Sycamore
Lakota West vs. Milford
Moeller vs. Lakota East
Mason vs. St. X
Fairfield vs. Turpin

I'm surprised St. X as the #5 jumped into Mason's bracket as the #3 seed.

Sectional match ups should be pretty good.

If I had to guess...

Anderson vs. Sycamore
Lakota West vs. Milford
Moeller vs. Lakota East
Mason vs. St. X
Fairfield vs. Turpin

Maybe St X figured they could beat Mason and anyone in Cincy 4 aka Fairfield.

upset bet... Milford loses to Little Miami.

Lakota West really has a nice path. Mason #3 gets #5 seed St X. Anderson gets #8 seed (potentially most dangerous lineup) Sycamore and LW gets Milford?

Maybe St X figured they could beat Mason and anyone in Cincy 4 aka Fairfield.

upset bet... Milford loses to Little Miami.

What is your basis for the upset pick? Milford seems to be a decently solid team that plays a physical type of game.

Should be some good Sectional Final games.
Mason vs. St. X will be the best of the 5 Cincinnati games.

I believe Lakota Wests district matchup is Beavercreek, however
I had asked a question on another line of whether the Cincy teams know where the Dayton teams will be bracketed - and vice versa. It just seems odd that the good Cincinnati teams avoided Cincy District 2 like the plague with seeds of only 6-9-20, etc... Did they know that Beavercreek would be bracketed in that district and stay away or was this just luck of the draw?

I had asked a question on another line of whether the Cincy teams know where the Dayton teams will be bracketed - and vice versa. It just seems odd that the good Cincinnati teams avoided Cincy District 2 like the plague with seeds of only 6-9-20, etc... Did they know that Beavercreek would be bracketed in that district and stay away or was this just luck of the draw?

I'm not sure if they knew or not. But in my experience, the coaches of the top ~5 seeds usually leverage their draw against the Cincinnati teams that they feel they best match up against. Sometimes that means, for example, that there will be an early matchup of top 5 seeds, which leaves one of the paths easier than the others. Just depends on who in the room is feeling ballsy and confident about an early round showdown. Looks like this year that someone from either Mason or X wanted to tango. Perhaps knowing that they would avoid Creek a little longer if it meant playing one another earlier was just an added bonus.

I think the meetings are held at the same time and I remember reading something about you're not supposed to text or email where teams go.

Don't know if people listen to that rule or not though.

I'm not sure if they knew or not. But in my experience, the coaches of the top ~5 seeds usually leverage their draw against the Cincinnati teams that they feel they best match up against. Sometimes that means, for example, that there will be an early matchup of top 5 seeds, which leaves one of the paths easier than the others. Just depends on who in the room is feeling ballsy and confident about an early round showdown. Looks like this year that someone from either Mason or X wanted to tango. Perhaps knowing that they would avoid Creek a little longer if it meant playing one another earlier was just an added bonus.

Someone knew something...

St. X clearly knew where Beavercreek was going. No way would they choose to go into Mason's bracket over going into an open bracket. My guess is the fact X did jump into Mason's bracket let everyone else know that was most likely the sectional that fed into Beavercreek and the other coaches acted accordingly.

Definitely some good match ups coming up!

West can be dangerous if they can get #10 back on the field consistently. Been dealing with an injury pretty much all year. He gives them another scoring threat and takes some of the pressure off #13.

Looking forward to the tourney this year. Seems to be any one of 6-7 teams tourney to take.

I think the meetings are held at the same time and I remember reading something about you're not supposed to text or email where teams go.

Don't know if people listen to that rule or not though.

You are correct, the meetings are held at the same time. I know you are not allowed to communicate during the meetings, but I looked into the rules the other day and I did not see anything about talking before.

On the girls side Bevercreek and Centerville (#2 and #3) seeds are both in the same bracket to avoid Loveland in the District Finals. So I would say they knew where Loveland was going to land on the brackets.

west can be dangerous if they can get #10 back on the field consistently. Been dealing with an injury pretty much all year. He gives them another scoring threat and takes some of the pressure off #13.

Looking forward to the tourney this year. Seems to be any one of 6-7 teams tourney to take.

"thanks dad!" - #10