Votes: 52 54.2%
  • Bishop Watterson by 1-8

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • Bishop Watterson by 9-16

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Bishop Watterson by 17+

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

With Central's OLine and DLine play, I cannot see tbem losing this one. They have always been strong in the trenches but averaging 299lbs on the OL and about 275lbs on the DL is hard to overcome.

Combine the strong OL ans DL play with the speed by the skill guys and its a great combo.

I would say Chardon's run-focused offense was something that fed into TCC's defensive strength. Not saying its' all they did, but being able to throw five guys on the D-line and only having to minimally worry about a weak pass game is a treat for a team that can physically out-man their opponents 90% of the time, especially being in D3.

I am not aware of Watterson's offensive scheme, but if they plan to focus on running the ball most of the time and don't have any semblance of a pass game, it'll not be too pretty come... 3:00 PM Friday afternoon? Ew.

They have always been strong in the trenches but averaging 299lbs on the OL and about 275lbs on the DL is hard to overcome.
Lol, did you notice they threw in their other 6'6 290-300ish tackle (Jamarion Rushing) and their 6'4 230 TE (Spinazze) in a package? Ridiculous stuff.

Here's some games I could find of both teams.

Bishop Watterson

Central Catholic

Defiance game is probably the toughest playoff game the Irish have had, if not the toughest all season.

Lol, did you notice they threw in their other 6'6 290-300ish tackle (Jamarion Rushing) and their 6'4 230 TE (Spinazze) in a package? Ridiculous stuff.
I didnt catch that with Rushing. I did see Spinazze out there. Its great to have those options.

I would say Chardon's run-focused offense was something that fed into TCC's defensive strength. Not saying its' all they did, but being able to throw five guys on the D-line and only having to minimally worry about a weak pass game is a treat for a team that can physically out-man their opponents 90% of the time, especially being in D3.

I am not aware of Watterson's offensive scheme, but if they plan to focus on running the ball most of the time and don't have any semblance of a pass game, it'll not be too pretty come... 3:00 PM Friday afternoon? Ew.
Watty’s QB is an RHP commit to Marshall. He’s got some zip and placement when he spins it. They like to use 3x1 sets and when (if) they get a boulder moving, it’ll come downhill fast in those looks. My guess is Watty’s key to success offensively is going to require some balanced tendencies and will boil down to audibles at the line. I don’t think BW is going to be able to chunk play their way to victory in this one, but they have some decent backs who can reduce the load.

Yeah the atmosphere is going to be interesting for that one on a Friday afternoon. It's the first title game the Irish have played during the day.

Ive said it all season, one dimensional programs (on average) in D3 or bigger can only get a team so far. State semi appearance for Chardon (even though they've won 2 titles since 2020) is still a success.

With their starters so big, I'm amazed they don't eat their backups

Maybe this game is not going to be competitive. That's the story all year long about TCC "best team ever created" cough, cough, recruited..... All i will say is big teams have tried to body up TCC all year and it hasn't worked. Watty doesn't have any size so no bodying will be attempted. What they will do is fly around with basically 6 of the 7 front 7 guys being LB bodies. maybe that delivers a different result but who knows. Dom Purcell is going to get his trust in that.

I know Chardon has a crazy good run game so if TCC shut that down (like Watty did) then I understand that def is nasty against run. Yes Dock, Watty has 2 solid backs (although if it were me I would be running Weber more right now as he has been a spark the last few weeks) but if Chardon couldn't run, I think we will likely struggle unless we can open up with the pass and get them off pace. We need to spread the ball through AJ, Use TE Theado, slant routes to outside WR like Jake Uhlenhake/Cal Mangini and see if we can slay the mighty Goliath.

Last edited:
Go shock the world Watterson- it’s why you play the game. I am from Celina and no one gave us a chance against Trotwood. We were 26 point underdogs and the way people were talking we shouldn’t even show up. Well we showed up and beat them. I am tired of hearing about TCC.

I think Toledo Central Catholic might be DIII, but could possibly be the best team in Ohio regardless of division. I see them winning this game by 2-3 scores. I'll go with:

Toledo Central Catholic 28
Bishop Watterson 7

I think Toledo Central Catholic might be DIII, but could possibly be the best team in Ohio regardless of division. I see them winning this game by 2-3 scores. I'll go with:

Toledo Central Catholic 28
Bishop Watterson 7
Central would give St. Ed's and Massillon a run for their money this year.

Watterson is a really good football team but this week they are playing a totally different animal in TCC. TCC is big on the offensive and defensive lines, and they also have excellent skill position players. They are probably one of the top 5 teams in the state regardless of division. I also believe that they should be playing division 2. I understand the competitive balance, but I only agree with it to a certain extent. Watterson will have to play their best game of the season to have any chance of winning. Win or lose I am proud of them for making it this far and representing the CCL. Head coach Brian Kennedy has done an excellent job over at Watterson.

There's nothing stopping any school, public or private, from going open-enrollment if they so choose. I think the biggest reason why closed-enrollment schools don't is demographics
Many do have OE but the kids and families are loyal to their home town and school and the last thing they want to do is skip out and play somewhere else.

Hell, our whole LEAGUE I believe had a CB of 22 this season with all 10 teams.