DII Massillon vs Hoban Updates (11/30/23)

Constant reader, never post in here…but had to tonight in saying congratulations and well-deserved to the Tigers! If you’re a fan of HSFB or have followed the history, you should be able to appreciate the story of a historic program finally climbing the mountain to achieve something it had not done before. Special for the players, coaches, and community. All those doing the mental gymnastics and “yeah, buts” are simply frustrated they no longer have any bullets in the chamber to dismiss Massillon. TIG!

Constant reader, never post in here…but had to tonight in saying congratulations and well-deserved to the Tigers! If you’re a fan of HSFB or have followed the history, you should be able to appreciate the story of a historic program finally climbing the mountain to achieve something it had not done before. Special for the players, coaches, and community. All those doing the mental gymnastics and “yeah, buts” are simply frustrated they no longer have any bullets in the chamber to dismiss Massillon. TIG!
You’re right but they are going to try. Hahaha.

Congrats to Massillon. Game did not play out the way I thought. Had heard a lot about Massillon QB. Looked like a runner early then seemed to limp around quite a bit and made some really bad throws to open receivers. Hoban just showed me that Sperling carried the team last year and besides a really good offensive line their skill players were certainly not going to win this game for them. I'm shocked in a D2 championship with this much talent that both quarterbacks would have trouble completing a few short passes to keep drives going. Frustrating to watch but the passionate community of Massillon certainly deserves the championship. The Tigers program and their fan base is a big part of what makes high school football in Ohio so awesome

Congrats to Massillon. Game did not play out the way I thought. Had heard a lot about Massillon QB. Looked like a runner early then seemed to limp around quite a bit and made some really bad throws to open receivers. Hoban just showed me that Sperling carried the team last year and besides a really good offensive line their skill players were certainly not going to win this game for them. I'm shocked in a D2 championship with this much talent that both quarterbacks would have trouble completing a few short passes to keep drives going. Frustrating to watch but the passionate community of Massillon certainly deserves the championship. The Tigers program and their fan base is a big part of what makes high school football in Ohio so awesome
Tbh bro I'm really not shocked that both quarterbacks played below average because both defenses played outstanding and I'm one that will admit when I'm wrong normally I am a offensive guy through and through but defense truthfully wins championships and tonight showed it. Massillon and Hoban both on the defensive side of the ball have a plethora of power 5 kids that will be playing on Saturdays here soon so I kind of expected both quarterbacks to struggle

That was fun to watch in person. Both defenses made the other's offense look pathetic.
IMG_0063.JPG