Did President Biden Clinch Re-Election With His Strong State Of Union Address ??

Well one guess would be that Biden was pumped up on Adderall or some other amphetamine. There is clinical data supporting the off label use of these agents for early stages of dementia especially if the goal is to temporarily enhance cognition and change characteristics of the individuals personality for short periods of time.

An analysis published in the Journal of Neurology Neurosurgery & Psychiatry reviewed 19 clinical trials on the use of noradrenergic drugs—often used to treat anxiety, depression, and ADHD—in people with neurodegenerative disease.1

Researchers found that these drugs can improve general cognitive performance and apathy, the most common neuropsychiatric symptom in Alzheimer’s patients.

Some experts like Dr. Carole Lieberman (forensic psychiatrist) observed: “If you look at how Joe Biden usually is — slow and stumbling — compared to how he was during the State of the Union — fiery and angry — these are signs that are typical for someone taking Adderall or any amphetamine,” she said. Dr. Lieberman, who has not personally examined the president, said the signs of potential pharmaceutical use go beyond how Mr. Biden spoke during the nearly 90-minute speech, but also in his mannerisms.

You might want to read the study that is referenced in that post if this is your explanation of a supposed change in Biden's cognition on Thursday night. It is a well done systematic review and worth looking at, but it doesn't say or suggest anything like what Carole Lieberman or you are saying. The review evaluates chronic treatment of Alzheimer's with noradrenergics and finds that after weeks ok a treatment there may be a small benefit in MMSE performance. It does not suggest that you can load someone up with a drug an improve their cognition. In fact, it specifically excluded studies that could test such a hypothesis.

Where did you get this idea from? There are many products that act as disinfectants via an antimicrobial MOA? It's not unusual for antimicrobial compounds to work in both in vivo & ex vivo testing. Alcohol as a skin/wound disinfectant would be one example.

In fact the normal research progression is to first test new chemicals/chemical mixtures in vitro then progress to ex vivo then in vivo and finally in clinical (drug) & real world (surface disinfectant) testing.

Uh, what? If you are using alcohol as a wound disinfectant, you should probably stop. This is a great example proving my point. Alcohol is a decent disinfectant (not great but pretty good) for using on inert surfaces and intact skin. It is not a good agent for open wounds and certainly doesn't have anti-microbial action systemically.

1710194800440.png

Uh, what? If you are using alcohol as a wound disinfectant, you should probably stop. This is a great example proving my point. Alcohol is a decent disinfectant (not great but pretty good) for using on inert surfaces and intact skin. It is not a good agent for open wounds and certainly doesn't have anti-microbial action systemically.
So now you've moved the goal posts to a discussion of the relative efficacy of various antimicrobial based disinfectants?

BTW using alcohol on "intact skin" would be a fine example of it's clinical use as an in vivo disinfectant. As you are probably aware your intact skin is part of your body. And did you know that your biggest organ is your skin? And if you were lost in the jungle with nothing but a bottle of very expensive tequila and you suffered a severe abrasion you would be foolish not to thoroughly wash the wound with that bottle of tequila before putting on any bandage.

You might want to read the study that is referenced in that post if this is your explanation of a supposed change in Biden's cognition on Thursday night. It is a well done systematic review and worth looking at, but it doesn't say or suggest anything like what Carole Lieberman or you are saying. The review evaluates chronic treatment of Alzheimer's with noradrenergics and finds that after weeks ok a treatment there may be a small benefit in MMSE performance. It does not suggest that you can load someone up with a drug an improve their cognition. In fact, it specifically excluded studies that could test such a hypothesis.
And you would know the dosing regimens Biden's doctors may be using with these agents? It's my impression that they will do anything to prop up the POTUS so he can perform in front of the public.

You are aware of the concept of "off label" drug use aren't you? The information provided in the review would enable Biden's doctors to ethically experiment with Adderall and other amphetamines as dementia treatment options. Not saying they are doing this but a lot of people knowledgeable in the effect of these drugs said it sure looked like they were.

BTW, it's interesting to see how with the drugs no longer being used (assuming they were used Thursday night) that Biden has reverted to his pre-SOTU speech cognitive failings as he hit the campaign trial on Friday.

That Biden had been medicated during the speech was supported by Biden's glitchiness the following day. His campaign speech in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which was a slightly repackaged version of his State of the Union speech, was a hot mess. At one point, he declared, "Pennsylvania, I have a message for you: send me to Congress!"

Even on his favorite topic, the Capitol riot, Biden stumbled, erroneously referring to the date as "July the 6th." Considering he's been obsessing on this subject for three years, it's a big deal that he messed it up. Another notable flub came when he said that every world leader has conveyed to him, "You can't win again." While, technically, polls show this is correct, I don't think the story accurately represents what Biden intended to say. Another embarrassing moment was when he forgot the name of the Federal Reserve.

Reactions: y2h
And you would know the dosing regimens Biden's doctors may be using with these agents? It's my impression that they will do anything to prop up the POTUS so he can perform in front of the public.

You are aware of the concept of "off label" drug use aren't you? The information provided in the review would enable Biden's doctors to ethically experiment with Adderall and other amphetamines as dementia treatment options. Not saying they are doing this but a lot of people knowledgeable in the effect of these drugs said it sure looked like they were.

BTW, it's interesting to see how with the drugs no longer being used (assuming they were used Thursday night) that Biden has reverted to his pre-SOTU speech cognitive failings as he hit the campaign trial on Friday.

That Biden had been medicated during the speech was supported by Biden's glitchiness the following day. His campaign speech in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which was a slightly repackaged version of his State of the Union speech, was a hot mess. At one point, he declared, "Pennsylvania, I have a message for you: send me to Congress!"

Even on his favorite topic, the Capitol riot, Biden stumbled, erroneously referring to the date as "July the 6th." Considering he's been obsessing on this subject for three years, it's a big deal that he messed it up. Another notable flub came when he said that every world leader has conveyed to him, "You can't win again." While, technically, polls show this is correct, I don't think the story accurately represents what Biden intended to say. Another embarrassing moment was when he forgot the name of the Federal Reserve.

The dosing regimen is not relevant. What you and MAGA seem to be suggesting is that he has dementia, was given some cocktail of drugs and instantly improved so that he could give a speech, was taken off the drugs and then the next day had reverted to baseline. That notion is absurd. There aren't any drugs that would work that way and nothing that you have posted gives any credence to that being possible. It's not. The idea is ridiculous.

So now you've moved the goal posts to a discussion of the relative efficacy of various antimicrobial based disinfectants?

BTW using alcohol on "intact skin" would be a fine example of it's clinical use as an in vivo disinfectant. As you are probably aware your intact skin is part of your body. And did you know that your biggest organ is your skin? And if you were lost in the jungle with nothing but a bottle of very expensive tequila and you suffered a severe abrasion you would be foolish not to thoroughly wash the wound with that bottle of tequila before putting on any bandage.

What? Use of alcohol on intact skin isn't in vivo. The outer lay of skin is not alive and serves as a barrier to things like alcohol getting to the live tissue. That's the point of skin.

What? Use of alcohol on intact skin isn't in vivo. The outer lay of skin is not alive and serves as a barrier to things like alcohol getting to the live tissue. That's the point of skin.
How do drug delivering skin patches work?

If I'm developing a topical health care product that moistens skin this is how I would describe a simplified version of the testing flow:

* In vitro (lab) testing to identify the basic hydration properties of the active agents used in the product. This could include artifical skin and skin cultures.

* Ex vivo testing on excised skin.

* In vivo testing on people

* Controlled clinical testing on the final product.

The dosing regimen is not relevant. What you and MAGA seem to be suggesting is that he has dementia, was given some cocktail of drugs and instantly improved so that he could give a speech, was taken off the drugs and then the next day had reverted to baseline. That notion is absurd. There aren't any drugs that would work that way and nothing that you have posted gives any credence to that being possible. It's not. The idea is ridiculous.
What we're suggesting is that Biden suffers from the early stages of dementia and that to make him presentable to the public he is dosed with various drugs and cocktails of drugs with Adderall and other amphetamines being likely candidates.

Of course we don't know this for sure as I haven't seen testing proving whether Biden does or does not have early stage dementia nor do I know that he's definitely taking these drugs. But those who specialize in elder care and the various drug therapies available believe he is. I can only go by what I see and something hasn't been right about Biden for the last several years, including last Thursday night.

BTW, if Biden doesn't have early stage dementia and is not being given drugs to get him through things like the SOTU speech how do you explain these wide swings in demeanor? Is he just naturally unstable or are we dealing with some other issue? Because watching Biden's SOTU speech and then watching his interviews the next day is like watching two completely different people.

Because a liberal Democrat says so?

We must be near the truth.

Biden forgot year of son Beau’s death, Trump’s election, special counsel interview transcript shows​

President Biden confused key dates during his October interview with special counsel Robert Hur, forgetting which year his son Beau died of brain cancer, as well as the year Donald Trump was elected president, a transcript of the sitdown shows.

During a discussion of why he kept sensitive papers after leaving the vice presidency in 2017, the 81-year-old president launched in to a rambling explanation before asking: “What month did Beau die? Oh, God, May 30 —“

At that point, White House lawyer Rachel Cotton and an unidentified man reminded Biden the year of his son’s death was 2015

How do drug delivering skin patches work?

If I'm developing a topical health care product that moistens skin this is how I would describe a simplified version of the testing flow:

* In vitro (lab) testing to identify the basic hydration properties of the active agents used in the product. This could include artifical skin and skin cultures.

* Ex vivo testing on excised skin.

* In vivo testing on people

* Controlled clinical testing on the final product.

Transdermal medications work by being absorbed through the skin. The skin is a barrier and meant to separate the external environment from living tissue, but it isn't impenetrable. No one is suggesting it is. That doesn't change the fact that things that are designed to act at the level of the non-living external skin layer are different from things designed to act on living tissue.

What we're suggesting is that Biden suffers from the early stages of dementia and that to make him presentable to the public he is dosed with various drugs and cocktails of drugs with Adderall and other amphetamines being likely candidates.

Of course we don't know this for sure as I haven't seen testing proving whether Biden does or does not have early stage dementia nor do I know that he's definitely taking these drugs. But those who specialize in elder care and the various drug therapies available believe he is. I can only go by what I see and something hasn't been right about Biden for the last several years, including last Thursday night.

BTW, if Biden doesn't have early stage dementia and is not being given drugs to get him through things like the SOTU speech how do you explain these wide swings in demeanor? Is he just naturally unstable or are we dealing with some other issue? Because watching Biden's SOTU speech and then watching his interviews the next day is like watching two completely different people.

Ok if you want to believe that, that's fine. But if you really think that watching Biden on Thursday and watching him on Friday "is likely watching two completely different people," then it seems like it is on you to explain why. Adderall and other amphetamines would not cause noticeable cognitive changes on a day-to-day basis. That's the point. As for me, I disagree with the premise that there is a tremendous difference from one day to another so I am not searching for an explanation.

Ok if you want to believe that, that's fine. But if you really think that watching Biden on Thursday and watching him on Friday "is likely watching two completely different people," then it seems like it is on you to explain why. Adderall and other amphetamines would not cause noticeable cognitive changes on a day-to-day basis. That's the point. As for me, I disagree with the premise that there is a tremendous difference from one day to another so I am not searching for an explanation.
No, it's on you to explain why he is Dr Jackal and Mr Hyde as you're voting for him and I am not.

I'm saying that the Adderall or whatever amphetamine cocktail Biden may have been on was used to mask his lost, listless behavior by converting his personality into that of an angry shouting crazy man. Then when the drugs were stopped the next day he reverted back to being a lost & listless speaker who forgets all sorts of things.

BTW, did you see Biden's SOTU speech and then his interviews the next day? There is no way you didn't see a big difference.

Transdermal medications work by being absorbed through the skin. The skin is a barrier and meant to separate the external environment from living tissue, but it isn't impenetrable. No one is suggesting it is. That doesn't change the fact that things that are designed to act at the level of the non-living external skin layer are different from things designed to act on living tissue.
The skin is a lot more then a barrier. And let's back to my original off topic point: if you were gashed and bleeding while lost in the jungle and you
only had a bottle of Tequila to cleanse the wound before applying a bandage would you use the alcohol or not?

No, it's on you to explain why he is Dr Jackal and Mr Hyde as you're voting for him and I am not.

I'm saying that the Adderall or whatever amphetamine cocktail Biden may have been on was used to mask his lost, listless behavior by converting his personality into that of an angry shouting crazy man. Then when the drugs were stopped the next day he reverted back to being a lost & listless speaker who forgets all sorts of things.

BTW, did you see Biden's SOTU speech and then his interviews the next day? There is no way you didn't see a big difference.
Trump isn't jekyll and Hyde? Watch his prewritten speeches vs conversational speeches.

The skin is a lot more then a barrier. And let's back to my original off topic point: if you were gashed and bleeding while lost in the jungle and you
only had a bottle of Tequila to cleanse the wound before applying a bandage would you use the alcohol or not?

"And let's back to my original off topic point." Haha, ok. Your original off-topic point was you tried to defend someone who didn't understand the difference between an antiseptic (meant to be used on inert surfaces), and an antimicrobial (meant to be used in living tissue). Trump conflated the two and in your desperate attempt to defend him you have been grasping at straws trying to make them the same when you're smart enough to know they aren't. While I think you honestly believe a lot of the non-sense you post on this board like the stuff about the J6 criminals being victims, in this case I don't even think you believe what you are saying. You just cannot fathom not defending Trump so you cling to the most ridiculous point to try to make him look a little less crazy.

In the scenario you propose, the answer would be maybe, depending on lots of things like the structure of the wound, the amount of bleeding, the source of the wound, the level of contamination, etc. Is there a scenario in which I would use the Tequila as an antiseptic rinse to clean the wound because the benefits of killing bacteria would outweigh the downsides of increased tissue damage and pain? Yes. But that doesn't mean the alcohol is an antimicrobial. It still is not meant to be used on living tissue or good. It still does not work systemically to kill microbes. In this case it is just an antiseptic that as being used in such but with the unfortunate effect of also getting into underlying living tissue which it will harm.

But I don't think he is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I think you are seeing that because that's what you want to see.

The half-life of Adderall is somewhere on the order of about half a day, BTW. So if he was given huge doses of medication a few hours before his speech (which of course, no one would actually do but that's another point), he would still have a significant amount of drug in his system the next day when you claim he was totally different. But maybe they used cocaine instead (that's sarcasm, for the record).

how can that be trump claimed it would disappear by april? well guess what society was open and normal when covid arrived how did that work? the only reason trump wanted the country open was because it was good for him.
It worked fine as the vast majority of the population was never at risk of serious illness. Spreading natural immunity is the best way to limit its potency.

Should we shut down the country every flu season?