Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Moeller by 1-8

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • Moeller by 9-16

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Moeller by 17+

Votes: 16 13.2%

• Total voters
Especially as a #12 seed who entered the playoffs 5-5. In the playoffs, they've ousted 3 teams rated in the AP top 10, including a #1 seed.
Interesting on 5 losses, and it's all new with the expanded playoffs. Would that be the most losses by any state champion, if they win, in any division all time. I'm sure it's been discussed here before, but taking the easy way out.

Maybe so but like the last 2 they’re going home courtesy of Springfield.
Notice how Moeller fell to the wayside after halftime like all of SHS's other playoff victims? Started off strong 1st half, then faded away 2d half. But Moeller's kids were spectacular on their final TD drive to force OT.

Yes, I think you are correct. Hipp was asking if 5 was the most losses by a state champion. St. X had 5 losses that year.
Congrats on the impressive win over Moeller.
Yeah, but he also said in the expanded playoffs. So that's why I brought up seeding. But the parallel is SHS this year and St X in 2016 both had their regular seasons ruined because of injuries. Then, were full strength for the playoffs. Moeller does have an impressive team. It took alot for them to tie it up after that devastating fumble at their 6.

Good question. I think it could have to do with familiarity of opponents and being in the same conference. I mean how the hell does Elder play St. Edward’s to a one point game losing on a FG in the last 10 seconds and last year up there on losing to them by only 3 17-14. It is hard to figure sometimes.
Yup, that's probably right. All the more disappointing when we see our GMC teams not compete with Colerain and, now, Lakota West and Princeton.

Honestly the delusion is funny. Everyone said moeller would beat Springfield last year and said the same this year. They might not beat Ed’s but give them the damn respect they deserve. They own Moeller and no one can say otherwise.
Oh, this year, they added a running clock to their crystal balls. But for the life of me, I can't seem to find any of them now ...

sfms_header_logo-20.png

Yes, I think you are correct. Hipp was asking if 5 was the most losses by a state champion. St. X had 5 losses that year.
Congrats on the impressive win over Moeller.
Interesting though, a region 4 team at 5-5 was an 8 seed, vs region 2 at 5-5 a 12 seed. No offense attended at Springfield, just interesting

Yup, that's probably right. All the more disappointing when we see our GMC teams not compete with Colerain and, now, Lakota West and Princeton.
I agree. West has had a good enough defense the last 4 years to advance or I will say 3 of the 4. I will exclude last year because they simply got ran over by Moeller with 343 yards rushing. But the 2 previous years in 2020 against X and 2021 against Moeller both of those were winnable games. Moeller in 2021 should’ve absolutely been a win but dropped passes 1 that would’ve been a TD another that probably is and a fumble on their own 5 which Moeller scored on the next play did them in. They simply didn’t get it done. This year with a competent offense they could’ve at least been closer against Moeller. But as you say West hasn’t had a identity on offense since Bolden came. They better get one soon because the defense likely won’t be as good next year. Should still be near the top of the league but getting back to a regional final will be a tall order. Bolden doesn’t have a great record against the GCL since coming to a West and probably overall not great either. 0-3 versus Moeller, 0-1 versus LaSalle, 2-3 versus St. X, 2-1 versus Elder for 4-8 overall since coming to West. I wish the GMC would get rid of this 9 game league schedule so they could maybe schedule another GCL team or even someone like a St. Eds or Springfield or one of the Indiana powers like Moeller played this year to better prepare them when they get deep in the playoffs but probably never happening. They went from 7 to 8 a few years back to 9 last year. With virtually everyone making the playoffs in D1 and no danger of ever missing the playoffs it seems they would just rather play an all conference schedule. I doubt they’ll ever change it back.

The okay calling looked horrible in the 2nd half for moeller. They got out matched in the second half but the other team and coach.

Moeller O Line got it handed to them in the 2nd Half and OT!!! The Springfield Coaching Clown show Circus 🎪 continues! Coaches can manage multiple biatches but not manage a Time Clock🤦🏼‍♂️😂😂😂😂