Delphos St. John's Basketball Youtube channel: Vintage games

Blue Jay Fan

The Arnzen family has posted some game films and VHS tapes of the late, great Bob Arnzens' games.
The games include
1954 Class B state semi DSJ 73 Copley 65,
1963 DSJ 80 Lima Shawnee 65,
1968 DSJ 83 Kenton 71,
1983 District final DSJ 63 Kalida 61,
1983 state final DSJ 55 New Washington Buckeye Centrall 48,
1989 DSJ 100 Dayton Jefferson 87 (Steve Jettinghoff school record 52 points),
and several other games.

Great, fun basketball to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSvz6FRJLxkYbVYd9yrHrhA

Smalls

Thanks.....I see a young (soph) 2 time All American Defensive Back for Hillsdale College Scott Elwer. Pretty sure he was also an all conference basketball player his Sr. year at Hillsdale after not playing basketball his 1st couple years. Was a suitemate (or whatever it is called) of mine.....many years ago. Some good memories.

Not basketball related but Scott Schulte from Delphos St. Johns was also a 2 and maybe 3 time All American running back at Hillsdale, performed very well at the NFL combine, got a look in some preseason games, played well but didn't make the team (Dolphins maybe).

ShoelessJoe

I was at the 1983 DSJ vs. Kalida game. DSJ had no answer for Joe Verhoff so they had to go zone with a double on Verhoff. DSJ played a nearly flawless 2nd half missing only a couple of shots and still only won by 2. Kalida probably had the 2 best players on the floor in Joe Verhoff and Randy Kortokrax, but DSJ had a solid 5 with no real weaknesses. It was a great game. To this day I still consider Joe Verhoff the best small school inside player I ever saw play.