DAYTON DII TOURNEY SEEDS

Part of most cbc teams problems they won’t step out of comfort zone because they would rather see 17-18 wins on record. As talented as this KR team is they should of played a few Dayton City teams as well as maybe Cincy public, Alter during season or even some MVL teams

Part of most cbc teams problems they won’t step out of comfort zone because they would rather see 17-18 wins on record. As talented as this KR team is they should of played a few Dayton City teams as well as maybe Cincy public, Alter during season or even some MVL teams

That's why Alder basically destroyed CBC teams (average win margin was 20.2 ppg in CBC)....non conference they played Westerville South, Huntington Prep, Chaminade-Julienne, DeSales, Watterson, Reynoldsburg, etc. Most of the CBC games actually hurt them. Unfort. they didn't get to play North Union.

Graham made a final 4 appearance within last 15 years
Those Graham teams were unbelievably good for a middle of nowhere country school. It was 08 or 09 somewhere in there I believe they beat BJ Mullens and William Buford who both were McDonald's All American and went on to star at Ohio State during their tournament run.

Edit to above post: just did research and Graham actually lost in the final 4 against a William Buford led Toledo Libbey team, regardless they had a heck of a run for a few years. Prior to them, Tippecanoe had several very good basketball teams but overall they've (the CBC) never had any teams compete with the Dayton and Cincinnati teams. Kenton Ridge this year has had a nice season and Eberhart is an all time local great but Alter will blow their doors off if they make it that far

Those Graham teams were unbelievably good for a middle of nowhere country school. It was 08 or 09 somewhere in there I believe they beat BJ Mullens and William Buford who both were McDonald's All American and went on to star at Ohio State during their tournament run.
They beat Mullens at Nutter Center. Think they lost to Buford but they were fun to watch no player over 6’2

Graham had a great run for a few years! The year after the final 4 team most of the team was returning and they lost in the regional semi final to Watterson by a last second shot.

They would be a pretty solid team now if Coach Cupps was still there. Thompson and little Culls would both have made Graham a completely different team.

What usually happens to a swbl team when it opens up against a Dayton Public team? They will have to be very hot and avoid turnovers. Wow! What a strategy.
I'm not saying Waynesville can't win this game. But if I was betting I'd say that Dunbar gets by Waynesville and then beats up another SWBL team in Eaton, before playing Trotwood in the Sectional Finals.

I'm not saying Waynesville can't win this game. But if I was betting I'd say that Dunbar gets by Waynesville and then beats up another SWBL team in Eaton, before playing Trotwood in the Sectional Finals.

Do not get me wrong, I would like to see WVille win and this would be the year to do it. Can they handle the pressure at both ends?

Do not get me wrong, I would like to see WVille win and this would be the year to do it. Can they handle the pressure at both ends?
It will be interesting to see and there's no way to say for sure. The only comparable team that Waynesville played is Northridge, and they split their 2 games with them. In those 2 games they had their 2 season high games for turnovers in a game with 25 turnovers the first time they played, and 21 turnovers the 2nd time they played. Their next highest turnover amount in a game is 17. Looking at that I would say that there could be some concern with how they will handle the pressure.

Bellbrook under Donnie Tate is the only SWBL team (maybe Oakwood this year) that can handle pressure, size, and athleticism. Their out of conference schedule was very good this year. None of the other SWBL teams get after it and put some good competition on the schedule. Bellbrook played Beavercreek, Badin, Fairmont, Miamisburg etc. Most SWBL teams will fold to pressure and as soon as they go down 8 points, they quit. You see it every year in the tournament.

Bellbrook under Donnie Tate is the only SWBL team (maybe Oakwood this year) that can handle pressure, size, and athleticism. Their out of conference schedule was very good this year. None of the other SWBL teams get after it and put some good competition on the schedule. Bellbrook played Beavercreek, Badin, Fairmont, Miamisburg etc. Most SWBL teams will fold to pressure and as soon as they go down 8 points, they quit. You see it every year in the tournament.

That is good information. Why did they perform at such a low level in league?

That is good information. Why did they perform at such a low level in league?
they got hammered early by brookville and monroe and lost to both of them twice, and got nipped at home by valley view. Oakwood beat them twice by a combined total of 8 points or so. they beat the league champs franklin twice. i saw a few of their games, they just did not seem to match up well with monroe, and were held under 30 in one of the brookville games, when they went 3/18 from 3 pt land. they shot 13/47 from the field in one f the monroe losses,

Last edited:
Donnie Tate has had the same schedule for the past 4 years.... Tournament record is 1-3, SWBL record 23-27, Overall 36-55.... Why has Bellbrook not improved under his guidance? Lack of talent? What is the issue? Bellbrook should be near the top of the SWBL every year.
This same schedule you talk about back in 2017 resulted in a 75-51 blowout to Dunbar
Same schedule 2019 resulted in 78-48 blowout to Thurgood
Not sure what your point is....?

Last edited:
Donnie Tate has had the same schedule for the past 4 years.... Tournament record is 1-3, SWBL record 23-27, Overall 36-55.... Why has Bellbrook not improved under his guidance? Lack of talent? What is the issue? Bellbrook should be near the top of the SWBL every year.
This same schedule you talk about back in 2017 resulted in a 75-51 blowout to Dunbar
Same schedule 2019 resulted in 78-48 blowout to Thurgood
Not sure what your point is....?

Bellbrook is a mystery because they've had some very good wins this year, close losses, and lopsided blowouts to sub par teams. Couldn't you say most of the SWBL teams are 1 and done; if not two and done? Last few years, haven't seen a D2 sectional final match ups with SWBL teams; GCL, DPS, Twood, have ran the table. If you win two tourney games in the SWBL you probably get a pay raise.