Dayton’s Schedule

This all happened after Xavier lost to DePaul leaving the Muskies out of the tourney. Definite conspiracy here.

Obi Toppin is named National POY by USA Today, CBS Sports, NBC Sports and The Athletic...so far.

UD's first consensus First Team All-American (and first ever POY, of course).

Hopefully, he will be returning to UD next year for his Junior season...hahahahaha…

The awards keep coming. Obi named AP Player of the Year with Iowa's Luke Garza coming in second.

Anthony Grant named AP Coach of the Year.

No word yet on whether or not Toppin will be returning to UD for his Junior season. ;)

Obi Toppin is named National POY by USA Today, CBS Sports, NBC Sports and The Athletic...so far.

UD's first consensus First Team All-American (and first ever POY, of course).

Hopefully, he will be returning to UD next year for his Junior season...hahahahaha…

This is crazy, the person who debated with me about the best ever to come out of UD, consider this with no disrespect to those great legacies,,,,, Toppin has individually accomplished in 2 years what took those guys 4 years to accomplish......he has 2 years of eligibility left if he chooses to come back! Has any Flyer great EVER had that option? Imagine what would become of the UD record book?????

This is crazy, the person who debated with me about the best ever to come out of UD, consider this with no disrespect to those great legacies,,,,, Toppin has individually accomplished in 2 years what took those guys 4 years to accomplish......he has 2 years of eligibility left if he chooses to come back! Has any Flyer great EVER had that option? Imagine what would become of the UD record book?????
Not to diminish Obi’s, or Dayton’s, accomplishments this past season, but it was a pretty weak season of college basketball.

The overall competition past Flyer greats faced was much stiffer than the current Flyers faced. College basketball overall is a shell of what is was back in the days of Coach Donoher.

Not to diminish Obi’s, or Dayton’s, accomplishments this past season, but it was a pretty weak season of college basketball.

The overall competition past Flyer greats faced was much stiffer than the current Flyers faced. College basketball overall is a shell of what is was back in the days of Coach Donoher.

And I can argue that it's not ?‍♂️ that's not a fact! ☝
Toppin's accolades are and it's a fact that no player in UD history has accomplished what he has.

Yet more honors for Toppin and Grant: USBWA names them Oscar Robertson and Henry Iba winners, respectively. NABC names them Player of the Year and Coach of the Year, respectively.

Jalen Crutcher declares for the NBA Draft, but retains college eligibility.

Jhery Matos enters the transfer portal.

I hope UD has some solid Freshmen or next year could be a long season, especially if Crutcher leaves.

Sucks for Dayton. They really had a shot to win it all. The big boys were not that great this year. Could have seen a Dayton Gonzaga final. Beaten by a disease that won't kill as many as the flu.