David Bell/ 2 year contract extention

14Red

I am shocked. I did not thing the Reds would bring David Bell back, and frankly I'm disappointed. David Bell is not a good major league manager and we now have some proof. I'm first and foremost a Reds fan and I'll support the team, but this one's a head scratcher.

Now although this team had some success in the months of June/ July and August, it was at best a .500 team and that's about where we're going to end up being this season. I've also said many times I don't think the manager means as much to a team as once thought. GM and front offices handle most if not all of the roster construction and the manager basically manages the game to game operations and sometimes that's hard to figure.

My main complaint with David Bell is his leadership, or lack thereof. The team itself seems to be in a good place as far as getting along and those things, but to me there still seems to be little sense of urgency. Even yesterday, in a game we have to win, we start a guy just called up from Triple A, we leave pitchers in an inning to two too long and when we have a bullpen guy who's pitching well, we pull him for another bullpen guy?

Now David Bell isn't the reason we've gone on this recent skid, just as he wasn't the reason we got hot in June and July, but to me the manager sets the tone for the team and I just feel Bell has a low key attitude and we in essence play that way.

I am shocked. I did not thing the Reds would bring David Bell back, and frankly I'm disappointed. David Bell is not a good major league manager and we now have some proof. I'm first and foremost a Reds fan and I'll support the team, but this one's a head scratcher.

Now although this team had some success in the months of June/ July and August, it was at best a .500 team and that's about where we're going to end up being this season. I've also said many times I don't think the manager means as much to a team as once thought. GM and front offices handle most if not all of the roster construction and the manager basically manages the game to game operations and sometimes that's hard to figure.

My main complaint with David Bell is his leadership, or lack thereof. The team itself seems to be in a good place as far as getting along and those things, but to me there still seems to be little sense of urgency. Even yesterday, in a game we have to win, we start a guy just called up from Triple A, we leave pitchers in an inning to two too long and when we have a bullpen guy who's pitching well, we pull him for another bullpen guy?

Now David Bell isn't the reason we've gone on this recent skid, just as he wasn't the reason we got hot in June and July, but to me the manager sets the tone for the team and I just feel Bell has a low key attitude and we in essence play that way.
The Reds have officially become like the Bengals, a Family Business that won’t be worth a sh it for many many years to come! Tough talking about winning Bob Castellini can sit down and !

The Reds have officially become like the Bengals, a Family Business that won’t be worth a sh it for many many years to come! Tough talking about winning Bob Castellini can sit down and !
Gonna have to agree.
Can you name a coach in any team sport that sounds like a Sunday school teacher and wins?

I don't blame Bob Castellini for the success or failure of this team. He's the President and Owner, very little to no day to day influence on this team. I don't even blame Bell that much because it always up to the guys who play the game. Now we can go through and list the positives and the negatives this season and we may actually come up with more positives. I just don't think Bell is the right guy to lead us.

You don't think getting to the Super Bowl is the mark of an improving team?

You would probably agree today that the Bengals and Reds have swapped places?