dalton football coach resigns

^^^^ If he's saying this, then it's pretty real. I got the same information right after the Tuslaw job came open - my source basically told me to watch for this though my initial reaction was disbelief (Tuslaw.....really?) Just goes to show that the Dalton Admin is a disaster and the whole reason this has happened. If Coach Dial is already taking another job for next season, then clearly he wanted to still be coaching.....would be an awful look for Dalton.
There are some schools Big Ed is "Dialed" in on.....Dalton is one!

We are gonna enter the era of The New Slaw and it's colorful and vibrant unlike the tired, beaten down slaw last scooped at Fishers Foods when Obama was President.

The New Slaw is coming. It's gonna be a new gourmet era.

Screenshot_20240301-133704-903.png

Think it's kind of like how almost all of Holmes County has "Millersburg" as the city in their address.

WH in the same boat as Dalton, just hired a hometown boy that was DC at Wooster that couldn't hold us under 45 the past 3 years. We only had 5 candidates apply. At least Dalton got someone with HC experience.

its kind of mind blowing an administration letting a coach walk after he just won the county and got to the state championship. (on top of previous playoff success)

Told me all I needed to know when the state title game conflicted with their Holiday Festival and they didn't push the festival to another weekend....but yet asked the football team/staff to be part of the parade AFTER they got back from Canton...tired and sore and emotionally drained...so the festival could piggyback on the football team's success.

Told me all I needed to know when the state title game conflicted with their Holiday Festival and they didn't push the festival to another weekend....but yet asked the football team/staff to be part of the parade AFTER they got back from Canton...tired and sore and emotionally drained...so the festival could piggyback on the football team's success.
The Holiday Festival has nothing to do with the school. I thought they should have pushed back the parade but the people who run it didn't want to for some lame reason.

Didn’t Dial resign twice in five years? Seems to me him not having the job anymore is on him not the administration.
The first time was just for a season with the understanding between him and the school it would be just one season, after a nasty divorce when he got custody of three very young children. So I’d cut him some slack there.

The first time was just for a season with the understanding between him and the school it would be just one season, after a nasty divorce when he got custody of three very young children. So I’d cut him some slack there.
they can't keep a basketball coach either looking from the outside I'd say it's an administration problem

Okay and I agree, family is number one, But then he resigned a second time? Should the administration be at fault for his January resignation? Did they owe him back the job that he just quit?

Okay and I agree, family is number one, But then he resigned a second time? Should the administration be at fault for his January resignation? Did they owe him back the job that he just quit?
Aside from winning the State Title - is there a time when Dial would have more leverage than now to get them to back off? Again - IF he takes another job right now, it shows there's an obvious issue with the administration.

The Holiday Festival has nothing to do with the school. I thought they should have pushed back the parade but the people who run it didn't want to for some lame reason.

Of course it has nothing to do with the school...but that the festival was still held as planned and not pushed back...and the long winded reason why it couldn't be rescheduled spoke to the community's priorities. You were playing for a STATE TITLE...you think Marion Local was holding a winter festival that day? 10000% ABSOLUTELY NOT...they were busy driving to Canton to support their community, coaches and players.

Same kind of folks that want to put athletics WAAAYY at the bottom of the priority list are the folks that pushed Dial out. He sees it for what it is....and is part of the reason Dalton has a revolving door of coaches. They move on to bigger and better and away from the influential dollars and names that was to have their say in matters they should steer clear of.

Of course it has nothing to do with the school...but that the festival was still held as planned and not pushed back...and the long winded reason why it couldn't be rescheduled spoke to the community's priorities. You were playing for a STATE TITLE...you think Marion Local was holding a winter festival that day? 10000% ABSOLUTELY NOT...they were busy driving to Canton to support their community, coaches and players.

Same kind of folks that want to put athletics WAAAYY at the bottom of the priority list are the folks that pushed Dial out. He sees it for what it is....and is part of the reason Dalton has a revolving door of coaches. They move on to bigger and better and away from the influential dollars and names that was to have their say in matters they should steer clear of.
Sometimes people are just wrong and this is one of those opinions. If you were at the championship game or at the parade, I think you knew where priorities of Dalton were - hint: know one was in D-town. The school/team/coaches wanted to move the parade, but the parade committee couldn’t do it (people from all over the state were scheduled to come and couldn’t change it. ) There is no connection here with the school.
Also, Dalton football has hardly been a revolving door….I would say it has been the opposite compared to most schools.

There are two ways you can look at this... Kirtland didn't even take off school or anything on Friday for their Division VI state championship game. They just went there, took care of business, and had 40+ kids in the weight room Saturday morning.

With that being said, I totally agree with you.

Also, Dalton football has hardly been a revolving door….I would say it has been the opposite compared to most schools.

Dalton basketball coaches recently:
Ben Holt 2013-2017
Matt Monter 2017-19
Kaleb Reed 2019-22
Justin Greenfelder 2022-24
Cody Huth 2024-Pres

Technically 5 coaches in 7 years. That's a lot.

Sometimes people are just wrong and this is one of those opinions. If you were at the championship game or at the parade, I think you knew where priorities of Dalton were - hint: know one was in D-town. The school/team/coaches wanted to move the parade, but the parade committee couldn’t do it (people from all over the state were scheduled to come and couldn’t change it. ) There is no connection here with the school.
Monkey What GIF by namslam