D7 R25 2023

Dalton defense was lights out last night, made it very difficult for Danville to get anything at all going. Glad to see Tomlinson get a couple carried in the second half and he looked good doing it consistently considering what happened to him last week.

Congrats to the Blue Devils for making the regional final! I was especially impressed with Danvilles defense last night, felt their in ability to move the ball on the other side hinder their chances to keep Dalton in check all game. All that said after last nights game I am pretty confident that NSP was the second best team in the region, and would have loved to see a Danville vs NSP matchup during these playoffs.

Shake’N’Bake

St. Paul gave up a Dalton TD on like…every third snap. Played hard for the legend, but I disagree with the 2nd best talk. It’s okay to have an underwhelming defensive performance. (Especially when scoring all over the place) Dalton beat the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best team in the region though. IMO -and that’s why seeding is silly in a very solid region. Coaching really matters. Dial has made noticeable improvements this year. That spread w/ Caldwell is so big, it’s almost a trap. Realllllllllllly want to get Dial in front of Goodwin. It’s an interesting matchup on paper, and if you’re gonna get a shot at the MAC it might as well be the king.

Congrats to the Blue Devils for making the regional final! I was especially impressed with Danvilles defense last night, felt their in ability to move the ball on the other side hinder their chances to keep Dalton in check all game. All that said after last nights game I am pretty confident that NSP was the second best team in the region, and would have loved to see a Danville vs NSP matchup during these playoffs.

Shake’N’Bake
Would have definitely been an interesting matchup - though tbh, that NSP defense wouldn’t have stopped the Danville offense. And the size of Danville would have been problematic for NSP. Danville actually did a pretty good job against the Dalton run, only allowed 1 home run play really all night!

I think Danville probably wins that game

Fair. I was actually thinking too many folks were jumping the shark and devolved into doing the same damn thing! 😂
Yeah. I'm the WORST at looking ahead and not enjoying the moment, but this is cool for those kids & that community. I'll probably be the first one to offer perspective next week, in the meantime, they're about to play "name the score" state final 4 game. That's pretty cool.

Before we all get too ahead of ourselves:

al recording GIF

Just sayin. It's a one-off no a best of 7.

It doesn't look good, that's for sure. My only hope is that after Kirtland puts a running clock on Versailles, it will lead to an overconfident Dalton team thinking "this Versailles team played Marion to a one point game? We got this in the bag!" An overconfident Dalton team is in my nightly prayers. Aside from that, we're doomed!

It doesn't look good, that's for sure. My only hope is that after Kirtland puts a running clock on Versailles, it will lead to an overconfident Dalton team thinking "this Versailles team played Marion to a one point game? We got this in the bag!" An overconfident Dalton team is in my nightly prayers. Aside from that, we're doomed!
Just be thankful OHSAA gave you PH and not Caldwell… talk about the power of prayer.

Just be thankful OHSAA gave you PH and not Caldwell… talk about the power of prayer.
Hope Caldwell goes easy on them. By the way, looking over Dalton's scores, they only beat Mogadore 47-14? I realize I'm going back 20+ years and eschewing the "what have you done for me lately" motto, but Marion beat Mogadore 117-7 in their two meetings. Were you alive back then?

Well THEY WOULD HAVE BEAT THEM BY A LOT MORE, but Dalton isn’t even allowed to let the freshman team run a successful 2-point conversion up big late in a game without having to explain themselves to D1 homers. Must be nice to fleece teams in peace. I’ll tell you that!
I'll take that into consideration. I look forward to all you blackguards from region 25 lighting up the Patrick Henry vs Dalton finals thread. You're an entertaining lot.