D7 R25 2023

In the context of education-based athletics, yes I do take the position that we have to continue treating ‘the rules’ as a norm. These rules exist for a reason, after all.

Were IMeek’s shoes last year, I wouldn’t have pushed the issue to Roselea Place in Columbus in . But, this idea that Toronto is somehow a victim in all of this; or that Franke is entitled to enact some retributive justice toward Meek’s players (who have nothing to do with the pretext) by running up the score, is absolutely gross. We’re straying far from the intents of why we have athletics in the first place if we’re promoting the idea of humiliation as justified payback because someone blew the whistle on a school indirectly shortening an OHSAA-imposed timeline of ineligibility from 10 games to 9.

In the context of education-based athletics, yes I do take the position that we have to continue treating ‘the rules’ as a norm. These rules exist for a reason, after all.

Were I in Meek’s shoes last year, I wouldn’t have pushed the issue to Roselea Place in Columbus. But, this idea that Toronto is somehow a victim in all of this; or that Franke is entitled to enact some retributive justice toward Meek’s players (who have nothing to do with the pretext) by running up the score, is absolutely gross. We’re straying far from the intents of why we have athletics in the first place if we’re promoting the idea of humiliation as justified payback because someone blew the whistle on a school indirectly shortening an OHSAA-imposed timeline of ineligibility from 10 games to 9.
Meek was in a tough spot IMO. Doesn't make the call to Columbus after the game. It gets out. He now has to justify to his program the reason he didn't make that call. Involves a school that employs him as a teacher. Wouldn't want that headache.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

The last 24 hrs here has been bananas

Meek was in a tough spot IMO. Doesn't make the call to Columbus after the game. It gets out. He now has to justify to his program the reason he didn't make that call. Involves a school that employs him as a teacher. Wouldn't want that headache.
Not to mention it's not Meek's fault that Toronto's AD, HC and Principal didn't know the rules. They all attend the meetings and sign off on understanding the rules. They screwed up and besides an L in the loss column, there were really know ramifications from it. Maybe they wish there were more ramifications because it might have saved them from Lucas' #2 running for 200+ yards on them.

Not to mention it's not Meek's fault that Toronto's AD, HC and Principal didn't know the rules. They all attend the meetings and sign off on understanding the rules. They screwed up and besides an L in the loss column, there were really know ramifications from it. Maybe they wish there were more ramifications because it might have saved them from Lucas' #2 running for 200+ yards on them.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE @dnis30

erase tv land GIF by nobodies.

Were I in Meek’s shoes last year, I wouldn’t have pushed the issue to Roselea Place in Columbus. But, this idea that Toronto is somehow a victim in all of this; or that Franke is entitled to enact some retributive justice toward Meek’s players (who have nothing to do with the pretext) by running up the score, is absolutely gross. We’re straying far from the intents of why we have athletics in the first place if we’re promoting the idea of humiliation as justified payback because someone blew the whistle on a school indirectly shortening an OHSAA-imposed timeline of ineligibility from 10 games to 9.
I actually agree with your take here. I don't believe the current players at SCC deserve anything of the sort. I hope its a competitive and well played game that prepares both teams for the playoffs. My issue is always with the OHSAA when I see their rules inhibiting student-athletes unnecessarily or rules made with a financial motivation.

Last edited:
So a question for the jfk men here. I heard jfk is back on the schedule starting next year. What kind of team should I expect? Like I know jfk is down and so is labrae. Labrae only has 5 seniors on the team this year and one is the kicker. Played all year with the backup qb. We have always had a nice little rivalry all the way back to the 80s when I was in school. So I'm always excited when we play jfk. I figure jfk will have some new players next year just wondering if you guys have any ideas about the future
Unfortunately, It will be a pillow fight just attend the book club meeting that night. You will thank me later just watch out for the pesky paper cuts.

I'm hearing Liberty, Py Valley, LaBrae on the JFK schedule for next year. Can't compete so dumb down the schedule running from teams like SR & SP

Waiting for Leetonia, East Palestine, Windham, Mathews, or Fairport Harding to appear on the JFK schedule

Anyone who has social media can view what is being put out there by the kids who are currently on the team. I thought it couldn't get any worse but it has. More defections after the season ends and those deciding to just hang up the cleats. Silver lining is 7th and 8th grade got some players hopefully they decide to stay. The longer this :poop: show lasts the longer it will take to rebuild. There is one man that could fix this debacle, make changes to the administration that was asked for and make the damn call. The band will get back together and once again save JFK Football.

Unfortunately, It will be a pillow fight just attend the book club meeting that night. You will thank me later just watch out for the pesky paper cuts.

I'm hearing Liberty, Py Valley, LaBrae on the JFK schedule for next year. Can't compete so dumb down the schedule running from teams like SR & SP

Waiting for Leetonia, East Palestine, Windham, Mathews, or Fairport Harding to appear on the JFK schedule

Anyone who has social media can view what is being put out there by the kids who are currently on the team. I thought it couldn't get any worse but it has. More defections after the season ends and those deciding to just hang up the cleats. Silver lining is 7th and 8th grade got some players hopefully they decide to stay. The longer this :poop: show lasts the longer it will take to rebuild. There is one man that could fix this debacle, make changes to the administration that was asked for and make the damn call. The band will get back together and once again save JFK Football.
Former Struthers HC Koonce would be a nice hire. Doesn't he teach at Howland and live near Kennedy?

This is what 2024 JFK schedule looks like at the moment:
Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 8.03.32 AM.png

DALTON

SPRINGFIELD (-16.5)

ARLINGTON (+16.5)

EAST KNOX (+23.5)

Steubenville CATHOLIC CENTRAL (+32.5)

ST. PAUL

HILLSDALE

Berlin Center WESTERN RESERVE (-14.5)

MALVERN (-32.5)

LEETONIA ( +46.5)

MINERAL RIDGE

SOUTHEAST

LISBON DAVID ANDERSON

COLDWATER (+17.5)

MOGADORE (-9.5)

Massillon (-28.5)

DALTON

SPRINGFIELD (-16.5)

ARLINGTON (+16.5)

EAST KNOX (+23.5)

Steubenville CATHOLIC CENTRAL (+32.5)

ST. PAUL

HILLSDALE

Berlin Center WESTERN RESERVE (-14.5)

MALVERN (-32.5)

LEETONIA ( +46.5)

MINERAL RIDGE

SOUTHEAST

LISBON DAVID ANDERSON

COLDWATER (+17.5)

MOGADORE (-9.5)

Massillon (-28.5)
Morning TEMP. Good luck!

2027, I can see it now:

Week 1: Mathews
Week 2: Leetonia
Week 3: STA
Week 4: Windham
Week 5: Fairport Harding
Week 6: East Palestine
Week 7: Warren School of the blind
Week 8: 11 kids someone found working at Burger King
Week 9: The front row at The Black Keys concert
Week 10: 11 of the toughest members of the Justin Bieber fan club

Last edited:

This is so sad. How does the administration allow this to happen? You go from playing for state titles to losing like this? I hope the administration takes a long hard look at this and fixes something.

Last edited:
CHIPPEWA (+48.5)___ @ DALTON __x__
SPRINGFIELD (-16.5) __ @ LOWELLVILLE __x__
ARLINGTON (+16.5) ____ @ LUCAS __x_
EAST KNOX (+23.5) ____ @ DANVILLE __x_
Steubenville CATHOLIC CENTRAL (+32.5) __x__ @ TORONTO ___
MONROEVILLE (+7.5) ___ @ ST. PAUL __x__
RITTMAN (+18.5) ___ @ HILLSDALE __x__
Berlin Center WESTERN RESERVE (-14.5) __x_ @ JACKSON-MILTON ____
MALVERN (-32.5) __x_ @ EAST CANTON ____
LEETONIA ( +46.5) ____ @ SOUTHERN __x
McDONALD (+11.5) __x_ @ MINERAL RIDGE ____