D6 Region 21 2022

dhs22p

My Bulldogs moved up and are now tied for the smallest D6 in the state. Can anyone challenge Kirtland for the Regional Championship?
Here are the Region 21 teams:
Brookfield
Brooklyn
Canton Central Catholic
Cardinal
Chippewa
Columbiana
Crestview
Cuyahoga Heights
Dalton
East Palestine
Grand Valley
Independence
Jackson-Milton
Kirtland
LaBrae
Memorial
Mineral Ridge
Mogadore
Newton Falls
Pymatuning Valley
Rittman
Rootstown
Southeast
Trinity
Tuslaw
United
Valley Christian
Waterloo

Hello new friends. Dalton fan, looking forward to competing with ya’ll this post-season. Remember who gave Kirtland a scare many moons ago, at the beginning of their run. Yep. And we’re back to do it again ;)

Hello new friends. Dalton fan, looking forward to competing with ya’ll this post-season. Remember who gave Kirtland a scare many moons ago, at the beginning of their run. Yep. And we’re back to do it again ;)
I remember well Dalton shutting the Hornets out in the second half of that 2016 first round contest. Coach Dial has the Bulldog program turned around & playing some real tough football the past 5-6 seasons.

I remember well Dalton shutting the Hornets out in the second half of that 2016 first round contest. Coach Dial has the Bulldog program turned around & playing some real tough football the past 5-6 seasons.
Also Dalton/Kirtland are scheduled to play week 1 of the 2023 & 2024 seasons.

Also Dalton/Kirtland are scheduled to play week 1 of the 2023 & 2024 seasons.
That is great to hear! I am looking forward to hopefully making the trip down. What an exciting non-conference matchup. Any idea who hosts in ‘23?

That is great to hear! I am looking forward to hopefully making the trip down. What an exciting non-conference matchup. Any idea who hosts in ‘23?
Not sure. If nobody else knows, I’ll try and find out once the football machine starts rolling next month.

Dalton is the home team in 23 and Kirtland is the home team in 24. Link
Thanks for sharing. That 2023 non-conference slate looks real tough (but worthwhile) for the Bulldogs with both Kirtland & Mogadore on the docket.

Those are two of the best games you could schedule to prep for the playoffs (and potentially a rematch come November).

Thanks for sharing. That 2023 non-conference slate looks real tough (but worthwhile) for the Bulldogs with both Kirtland & Mogadore on the docket.

Those are two of the best games you could schedule to prep for the playoffs (and potentially a rematch come November).
Definitely gets me pumped to see how we stack up to those 2 top tier programs. Hoping we see one or both of you this year!

Dalton is the home team in 23 and Kirtland is the home team in 24. Link
Definitely gets me pumped to see how we stack up to those 2 top tier programs. Hoping we see one or both of you this year!
Barberton? I don’t think we’ve ever played them before. In fact, I’m struggling to remember the last time we played a Suburban League school.

I like what Brian is doing with the schedule. Bigger schools, Kirtland and Moggy…good stuff. Next couple years are gonna be a lot of fun!

Barberton? I don’t think we’ve ever played them before. In fact, I’m struggling to remember the last time we played a Suburban League school.

I like what Brian is doing with the schedule. Bigger schools, Kirtland and Moggy…good stuff. Next couple years are gonna be a lot of fun!
Barberton is a scrimmage.

Give credit to Coach Clark. He will play anyone and has over the years. Brookfield has always been a smaller school in whatever league they are in also.
He has never tried to duck anyone, just not in his or the program's nature. Games like Ursuline and Springfield are needed to be ready for the likes of Moggy, Kirtland, and Dalton come weeks 11-14

Preseason
1- Kirtland
2-Mogadore
3-Canton Central Catholic
4-Dalton
5-LaBrae
6-Columbiana Crestview
7-Brookfield
8-Rootstown
9-Ravenna Southeast
10-Tuslaw
11-Chippewa
12-Cardinal
13-Independence
14-Cuyahoga Hts
15-United
16-Valley Christian
17-Rittman
18-Trinity
19-Newton Falls
20-Grand Valley
21-Campbell Memorial
22-Mineral Ridge
23-Waterloo
24-Columbiana
25-Brooklyn
26-Pymatuning Valley
27-Jackson-Milton
28-East Palestine

Last edited:
CalPreps Region 21 Rankings (6/29)
1. Kirtland
2. Dalton
3. LaBrae
4. Mogadore
5. Canton Central Catholic
6. Brookfield
7. Ravenna Southeast
8. Rootstown
9. Cardinal
10. United
11. Independence
12. Columbiana Crestview
13. Cuyahoga Heights
14. Chippewa
15. Valley Christian
16. Newton Falls
17. Pymatuning Valley
18. Tuslaw
19. Columbiana
20. Campbell Memorial
21. Waterloo
22. Grand Valley
23. Brooklyn
24. Trinity
25. Jackson-Milton
26. Rittman
27. Mineral Ridge
28. East Palestine

I feel like Brookfield is getting a bit too much hype. They will be good and talented for sure, but they also got beat convincingly by Labrae twice last year and struggled with an ok-ish Crestview squad and 2-8 Champion.

I feel like Brookfield is getting a bit too much hype. They will be good and talented for sure, but they also got beat convincingly by Labrae twice last year and struggled with an ok-ish Crestview squad and 2-8 Champion.
Brookfield has all the pieces for a nice run this season. They have a good HC, QB, RB, Online/Dline plus they play with a chip on their shoulder. They wouldn't have scheduled Ursuline if they think that they didn't have something this year. Other than Ursuline, Springfield I don't think that they have much to worry about in the regular season.