D3 Regional Semi's

footyfan89

How do you think the games below go on Halloween night.

Dayton Final: Dayton Christian vs Troy Christian (Interesting conference matchup who I believe tied 1-1 in the regular season)

Cincy Final: Seven Hills vs Madeira (Believe Seven Hills handled this easily in the regular season)

D

Deleted member 299694

Madeira 2-0 over Seven Hills...Hills had maybe 4 shots on goal and 2 on frame...Callow was invisible...Madeira marked him with their 6'4 kid and he disapeared...Madeira's back 4 totally shut them down...when you are first to the ball and own the midfield it is usually a recipe for success

winbypin

Madeira 2-0 over Seven Hills...Hills had maybe 4 shots on goal and 2 on frame...Callow was invisible...Madeira marked him with their 6'4 kid and he disapeared...Madeira's back 4 totally shut them down...when you are first to the ball and own the midfield it is usually a recipe for success
Nice reversal from Madeira after they were clocked 4-0 by Seven Hills at the beginning of October.

D

Deleted member 299694

Nice reversal from Madeira after they were clocked 4-0 by Seven Hills at the beginning of October.
Credit Madeira coaching staff...the made changes after that loss...personnel, shape, tactics and there was a big improvement....silly to peak in September..November is the real prize....I see many of the teams people were touting are gone...Hills, CCD, Ottawa, Troy...it is why they play the games!

D

Deleted member 299694

I also see McNich...who had a rough season, buzz to the D2 regional final!

winbypin

Credit Madeira coaching staff...the made changes after that loss...personnel, shape, tactics and there was a big improvement....silly to peak in September..November is the real prize....I see many of the teams people were touting are gone...Hills, CCD, Ottawa, Troy...it is why they play the games!
Yep. I agree. Good on them. I saw in the pics on the enquirer today that it looks like 7 hills had to play a backup keeper for a little while. Not sure if that had any impact or not. Probably not based on how you described the play.

D3 is wide open this year and a lot of the top teams are pretty even. Some of these games, if you played them a day later you probably would have different results. It's been a fun tournament to watch.

Watch out for Grandview heights. They seem to be really clicking right now.

D

Deleted member 299694

Hills played a back up keeper the last 15 or so...the game was already 2-0..that kid made some amazing saves! He is really good...would start for almost anybody in d2 or d3 based on what I saw!