D3 113 semifinals

I'm glad this morning there are at least some folks with rational thoughts. This Garaway kid didn't slam himself. Once again, I have no ties to either program but a slam is a slam. Word I heard is that the kids had a dislocated shoulder, they popped it back in, took x-ray to make sure everything was in order. If the coaches said to stay down then shame on them, but it's certainly not the kids fault.
Even if the coaches told him to stay down, did you ever ppl think that the coach did not want to let his wrestler hurt himself even more then he already was.

Knee hits before return. Leaving feet has no impact on it because his knee still hit first. Also was not out of control, kid had means to defend himself and didn’t
Have to return the wrestler under control, the call was questionable, but no way is that the kid or the coaches fault.

The Garaway coaches should be ashamed!! Their kid was brought to the mat in a normal mat return and to allow him to stay down is disgusting. One of the worst calls I have seen at state!!! Only way they could win
Not a normal mat return it was close, be mad at the refs. Even then this was a ether way call. God have some respect. Not hows the kid doing no let's bash him and the coaches cause they made the call.

If it was a slam, and I don’t care either way. If I am the coach of the injured wrestler, I have him get in restart position and then concede the win.
That's not the point the coaches did not want the kid to get anymore hurt, you ppl are the reason wrestling is going to trash.

If it was a slam, and I don’t care either way. If I am the coach of the injured wrestler, I have him get in restart position and then concede the win.
That's not the point the coaches did not want the kid to get anymore hurt, you ppl are the reason wrestling is going to trash.
How’s the kid going to worsen the injury by getting to the center of the mat and defaulting?

Just don‘t put yourself in a position where the referee can do this to you. Isn’t Shore way better than Miller? I’m sure he could have easily beaten him without ever lifting him off his feet.

The kids at our school that were good enough to be State champions always wrestled very conservatively at the State tournament. They were good enough to win by bigger margins than they did, but the whole point is to just win the State title…not win every match with bonus points.

This would be like trying to block a 3 pointer at the end of a game and getting called for a phantom foul…..just don’t put it in the ref’s hands.

Knee hits before return. Leaving feet has no impact on it because his knee still hit first. Also was not out of control, kid had means to defend himself and didn’t
The knee hitting first is a myth. Leaving feet actually does have an impact on the call. I have had countless officials tell me that over the years. It's about control, not who hits the mat first.

Just don‘t put yourself in a position where the referee can do this to you. Isn’t Shore way better than Miller? I’m sure he could have easily beaten him without ever lifting him off his feet.

The kids at our school that were good enough to be State champions always wrestled very conservatively at the State tournament. They were good enough to win by bigger margins than they did, but the whole point is to just win the State title…not win every match with bonus points.

This would be like trying to block a 3 pointer at the end of a game and getting called for a phantom foul…..just don’t put it in the ref’s hands.

100% AGREE

Well, getting called for a "questionable" slam (it was a slam IMO) is not as bad as hitting a merkle, having the opponent pinned, and getting a stalemate called....only to lose in OT when winning meant qualifying to the NCAA D1 Championships..