D2 R8: No. 6 Anderson (7-2) at No. 2 La Salle (6-2)

I hope it’s not the case but I think this may be the end to Anderson’s season. I’ve certainly seen crazier things but programs like LS are usually too disciplined and focused to slip up at this point in the season. Anderson is capable of moving the ball on almost anyone and the defense has made major improvements since the debacle vs Kings, but I just don’t see this one being pulled off...it is 2020 though. Regardless, Go Redskins!

Love my skins but this is where the road ends. Lasalle has a very talented back 4 (hell all across the board).

Anderson lives and dies by an aerial circus. They gained 82% of their yards through the air (429-522) against an undefeated Piqua team who had all of one interception. Let's see what they can do against a defensive secondary with four DI committed defensive backs in Devanta Smith (Alabama), Jaylen Johnson (Ohio State), lesa Jarman (Cincinnati), and Jaymar Hargrove-Mundy (Miami). I say Anderson dies by the pass next Friday.

Anderson lives and dies by an aerial circus. They gained 82% of their yards through the air (429-522) against an undefeated Piqua team who had all of one interception. Let's see what they can do against a defensive secondary with four DI committed defensive backs in Devanta Smith (Alabama), Jaylen Johnson (Ohio State), lesa Jarman (Cincinnati), and Jaymar Hargrove-Mundy (Miami). I say Anderson dies by the pass next Friday.

Right. Has Anderson Redskins learned the Punt yet?

Like I said before in so many words it's going to be a long night. Are you recommending we switch to the wing t?

Do you remember the year Anderson won state? They used the pistol backfield and since very few teams had ever seen that alignment, they could beat all the team they faced. In the pistol offense, the quarterback lines up four yards behind the center, which is much closer than the seven-yard setback in a traditional shotgun formation. The running back then lines up three yards directly behind the quarterback, which is in contrast to the shotgun, where they are beside each other. It is argued that the position of the quarterback in the pistol formation strikes an advantageous compromise: the quarterback is close enough to the line of scrimmage to be able to read the defense, as with run situation sets such as the I formation, but far enough back to give him extra time and a better vision of the field for passing plays, as in the shotgun. The pistol formation is thus very versatile, particularly if the quarterback himself is a threat to run the ball, which makes it difficult for the defense to correctly anticipate the play.This flexibility is enhanced by the Read Option, where the quarterback reacts to the response of the defensive players to the snap, and makes a rapid decision whether to hand off the ball to the running back, keep it and complete a pass to a downfield receiver, or keep it and run himself.

Last edited:
Do you remember the year Anderson won state? They used the pistol backfield and since very few teams had ever seen that alignment, they could beat all the team they faced. In the pistol offense, the quarterback lines up four yards behind the center, which is much closer than the seven-yard setback in a traditional shotgun formation. The running back then lines up three yards directly behind the quarterback, which is in contrast to the shotgun, where they are beside each other. It is argued that the position of the quarterback in the pistol formation strikes an advantageous compromise: the quarterback is close enough to the line of scrimmage to be able to read the defense, as with run situation sets such as the I formation, but far enough back to give him extra time and a better vision of the field for passing plays, as in the shotgun. The pistol formation is thus very versatile, particularly if the quarterback himself is a threat to run the ball, which makes it difficult for the defense to correctly anticipate the play.This flexibility is enhanced by the Read Option, where the quarterback reacts to the response of the defensive players to the snap, and makes a rapid decision whether to hand off the ball to the running back, keep it and complete a pass to a downfield receiver, or keep it and run himself.
Well said. I will say that Anderson uses a lot of route combos that very few schools utilize. That and their hurry up tempo is their big advantage each year. Anderson loses this one in the trenches though.

Always had great QB’s to run that offense

Anderson will score but that can’t really stop anyone with that defense! Anderson’s offense is a difficult to prepare for. Screens, picks, Mis direction etc

Are those the same d backs that Elder shredded?

Remember that year very well. 2009 version was even better

Being a WW guy I remember all those teams since ‘99! Great program for years! Should have beaten Elder (I think it was ) at Nippert in the Regional Final? Anderson’s star running back got injured

Yes, it was the regional final against Elder. Elder won by a touchdown, then went to the state semi-final and lost to Hilliard Davidson

Elder won 24-6. Game was noted up at half time before injuries. 09 team was in a war with Elder despite losing Norwell earlier in the year and Slater in that game.

Back to this game unfortunately it seems that Anderson's strength is running into an even better strength for LaSalle

Thinking back on the 07 season Anderson and LaSalle played. Anderson lost a war the week before and sat about 6 or 7 offensive starters to heal up and got boat raced.

Thinking back on the 07 season Anderson and LaSalle played. Anderson lost a war the week before and sat about 6 or 7 offensive starters to heal up and got boat raced.

I remember that one. That was a decent La Salle team that lost five games: Indy Cathedral, X, Moeller, St. Ignatius and Columbus De Sales (an inexcusable loss that cost them the playoffs).

I know the truth hurts for the homers on here but the only thing that matters in this game is the competitive balance numbers, Lasalle 87 and Anderson 1. Lasalle has no business in Division II. Here is an idea For Lasalle try actually winning a Division I playoff game. If they were in division I, the recruiting would dry up just like before. Easy to win game with better talent.

I know the truth hurts for the homers on here but the only thing that matters in this game is the competitive balance numbers, Lasalle 87 and Anderson 1. Lasalle has no business in Division II. Here is an idea For Lasalle try actually winning a Division I playoff game. If they were in division I, the recruiting would dry up just like before. Easy to win game with better talent.

La Salle is no different than the other private schools in DII. Check out these competitive balance numbers:

Toledo Central Catholic - 177, Wow! more than twice LS's numbers.
Akron Archbishop Hoban - 141
Cleveland Benedictine - 120
Toledo St. John's Jesuit - 96
Columbus St. Charles - 96
Cincinnati La Salle - 87
Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jusuit - 79

By your logic, every one of these schools should be bumped up to DI, then we could have Massillon Washington (CB 63) and Cincinnati Winton Woods (CB 64) playing in the finals every year. Wait, if we bump up all the privates with their high CB numbers, we have to be fair and bump up the public schools with their state wide open enrollment and high CB numbers. That would only be fair, right?

Last edited:
I remember that one. That was a decent La Salle team that lost five games: Indy Cathedral, X, Moeller, St. Ignatius and Columbus De Sales (an inexcusable loss that cost them the playoffs).

Very good team that year for Lasalle (even if they couldnt quite put it together) and Anderson was beyond young before losing their starting QB, RB, and two olinemen for that game.

Enrollment plays a big role in deciding what division you are placed in. Clearly you have never been to LaSalle at all or else you would know that they just don’t have the enrollment numbers compared to X Elder and Moeller. Can’t blame LaSalle for being placed where they are, they just go out and take care of business.

Enrollment plays a big role in deciding what division you are placed in. Clearly you have never been to LaSalle at all or else you would know that they just don’t have the enrollment numbers compared to X Elder and Moeller. Can’t blame LaSalle for being placed where they are, they just go out and take care of business.

LaSalle could play D1 Football if they wanted?