D2/R7

Voting was done online. See post #44 to view the voting matrix. If you go across the top row, and find Perry. read down the column, and you can see how they voted (25 = 1st place vote, 23 = 2nd place vote...16 = 9th place vote... Teams couldn't vote for themselves). If you find the bolded "Perry" in the column on the left of the matrix and read across the row, you can see how the other teams voted on Perry.

Incidentally, there were some major gaffes in the voting. An unmentioned one that I noticed was: Perry voting Licking Hts. the 6th seed. Canton CC's lone win came against Licking Hts...
FYI. Perry (Wakefield) voted Green as the number 1 seed.
Nice catch! I don’t care! I hope either Massillon teams face them!

You a politician? Nice flip flop mid stream! I hope Perry and or Massillon meet up with Green!
How did I flip? My opinion is that Massillon should have been the top seed and that this isn't the first time a FED team has tried to give Massillon a lower seed. I said the same last year during basketball season when an 18-4 Massillon team was voted 7th in the Canton District below several teams they beat. FED teams have been known to vote strategically to help each other. Massillon fans have a legitimate reason to be upset. I never changed that opinion.

How did I flip? My opinion is that Massillon should have been the top seed and that this isn't the first time a FED team has tried to give Massillon a lower seed. I said the same last year during basketball season when an 18-4 Massillon team was voted 7th in the Canton District below several teams they beat. FED teams have been known to vote strategically to help each other. Massillon fans have a legitimate reason to be upset. I never changed that opinion.
Definitely a childish response but you want The Tigers to run up the score on us? Sound familiar flip flopper? Massillon fans are seething to whoop on you guys and you want them to run up the score on us? Whatever!

By the way, Mass fans do have a legit B on the matter but so does old Wakefield. Old people hold grudges, I can’t help that.

Might be some truth to that. Wakefield's as "old school" as they come. Online voting may not be his thing. The task of doing the voting may have fallen into the arms of 1 of his assistants. At the end of the day though, it's pretty obvious Wakefield doesn't care what anyone else thinks. If people want to put the seeding outcome on him, then he'll roll with that.

I sense though that he's always the guy in charge. Not the assistants, not the booster, just him. Hard to believe he'd delegate something like this.

Scores

#17 Canal Winchester 45
#16 Mt. Vernon 7

#25 Columbus Mifflin 14
#8 Dublin Scioto 48

#24 Logan 0
#9 Big Walnut 62

#20 Columbus Whetstone 9
#13 Licking Heights 28

#21 Marion Harding 21
#12 Worthington Kilbourne 42

#18 Columbus Independence 38
#15 Columbus Walnut Ridge 42

#23 St Charles 7
#10 Lake 37

#19 Columbus Northland 6
#14 Pataskala Watkins Memorial 44

#22 Whitehall-Yearling 7
#11 Olentangy Berlin 47

Yep Canal Winchester is the only lower seed to advance. But I had as being the favorite in their game.

Next week's matchups

Canal Winchester @ Perry
Big Walnut @ Dublin Scioto
Licking Heights @ Olentangy
Worthington Killbourne @ Green
Walnut Ridge @ Massillon
Lake @ Hoover
Watkins Memorial @ Westerville South
Olentangy Berlin @ Wooster

Next week's matchups

Canal Winchester @ Perry
Big Walnut @ Dublin Scioto
Licking Heights @ Olentangy
Worthington Killbourne @ Green
Walnut Ridge @ Massillon
Lake @ Hoover
Watkins Memorial @ Westerville South
Olentangy Berlin @ Wooster

Home teams are going to take all of these except Wooster. Lake/Hoover is a matchup I don't know much about but the other games are complete no-doubters. Berlin/Wooster will be fun game with a lot of points scored, but definitely a game Berlin should win. Kilbourne is not good at all and Green should handle them easily.

Didn't some senile old man answered the question why did you go for 2 points Because I couldn't go for 3.
guess answers like that upset poor Massillon fans. Oh by the way Ryan Day said to hang 100 on their rival.

Yikes, Green! That's an extremely poor team you lost to tonight, they are going to have a running clock put on them by Tangy next week. Shocking result there, but everything else went as expected.

Berlin/South next week is likely to be the most entertaining game of the entire playoffs with neither team capable of playing any defense and both teams having multiple all-state players at skill positions. Both teams could score 50 in that game, and if we are lucky it will be over by 11pm.

Massillon and Tangy are horrible games. I'm interested to see what Perry does with Scioto's passing attack. Perry should not have any problems controlling the ball and should certainly win, but that game might be a little more interesting than the other 2.

1602955924985.png

Yikes, Green! That's an extremely poor team you lost to tonight, they are going to have a running clock put on them by Tangy next week. Shocking result there, but everything else went as expected.

Berlin/South next week is likely to be the most entertaining game of the entire playoffs with neither team capable of playing any defense and both teams having multiple all-state players at skill positions. Both teams could score 50 in that game, and if we are lucky it will be over by 11pm.

Massillon and Tangy are horrible games. I'm interested to see what Perry does with Scioto's passing attack. Perry should not have any problems controlling the ball and should certainly win, but that game might be a little more interesting than the other 2.
Respectfully disagree. Kilbourne played another outstanding game and earned the victory.

We will find out Friday, have seen quite a bit of Kilbourne this past decade, including JV games, and this is definitely not one of their better teams. Nor has there been much in their program at the lower levels. I know it's easy to play outstanding games when you are playing Franklin Heights and Marion, but Friday will be a pretty big wakeup call for them.

Frank I couldn't agree more! I have watched a lot of Green games in my previous years and this team is something special. The empty style offense they transitioned to this season shows the talent of the coaching staff. While having the young gun slinger Mr. Vanhorn behind the helm. They have some great young wide recievers and a defense that has proven to be tough which is something Green has not had for AGES. All I am saying is I do not want to be a team having to travel to Green Memorial Stadium or having that team getting off the bus to play my team.
Kilbourne did.

We will find out Friday, have seen quite a bit of Kilbourne this past decade, including JV games, and this is definitely not one of their better teams. Nor has there been much in their program at the lower levels. I know it's easy to play outstanding games when you are playing Franklin Heights and Marion, but Friday will be a pretty big wakeup call for them.
Yep. Woke up.

Don’t think Green really beat much stronger competition, by comparison, to date.

Westlake? Nope. Brush? Definitely not. Zanesville? No. Tallmadge? No.

Of course, Franklin Heights and Hayes weren’t very good but still...

Sure, and that's what makes the evaluation so tough. With virtually no common opponents between the COH and more Akron/Canton-ish area to go off, I'm still not sure how much more we know off these couple games. Berlin dominated Wooster early and led by 3TDs much of the game, but let them back in it late when they went into clock-killing mode, which they quite frankly aren't good at (and didn't help that starting TB got injured).

In the case of WK/Green (and Wooster), pretty safe to say neither team had played anyone yet this year, with the possible exception of Scioto, who is good-ish and would apparently beat everyone on both Green's and Wooster's schedules. I think Scioto/Perry is where the matrix may come into focus a little more clearly.

Killbourne is not a bad team at all. They have a very good defensive line and their RB is tough to bring down. Special teams coverage was outstanding.

They come from a strong league and division. In fact of the remaining teams 5 are from the OCC and 3 are from the same division as Kilbourne. I know you would have loved a win but
Berlin, Westerville South, Olentangy, and then Scioto is a distant fourth.

Berlin and Olentangy are the only teams capable of any push into the third round. Westerville South has an awesome WR corps, anchored by Penn State commit Kaden Saunders.
5 OCC schools in the final 8. 3 from the same division.

LOL, come on man, just because they are both OCC divisions in name doesn't mean they are even remotely comparable. Tangy and Berlin play with D1 schools Marysville, Darby, Jerome, TW (not good), where Scioto, South, and WK play with tomato cans. It's why MaxPreps has strength of schedule so poor for those teams.

1603073374385.png

Kilbourne doesn't show up until page 3 of the Metro Columbus listing (which I'm not sure why Berlin is excluded from) and has a SOS rating of 0.0, Scioto -0.7 and South 5.5
1603073432154.png

Berlin (18.5) and Tangy (19.3) have played MUCH tougher schedules, and it's not even close.
1603073521396.png

Tangy/Perry is a difficult game to handicap. Tangy played 2 WingT teams this year, absolutely STOMPING Darby, who is of average size and getting absolutely stomped by Marysville who has well above average size and physicality. (And Darby beat Marysville, go figure). Going to need to watch some Perry film on this one and see if their defense has actually seen anything like what Tangy is going to throw at them.

Both teams are very good on defense, Tangy effectively played a 35-0 game against Kilbourne (as predicted) where they happened to get a KOR for TD and then a garbage time TD

South/MassWash is going to be a very different football game where a lot of points could be scored. I do have a feeling the defensive line/LBs at Massillon will be of a much higher ability than anything South has seen yet and can see them being slowed down for the first time this year.