D VI State Championship: Newark Catholic (12-2) vs. Maria Stein Marion Local (12-2)

Champs?

• Marion Local by a lot

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Marion Local by a little

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • Newark Catholic by a little

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Newark Catholic by a lot

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

MSML was VERY lucky to get past McComb. Tipped pass in the end zone that was caught by a by-stander, a snap over the head of the McComb punter for a very short field for a TD, plus a pick six. Their offense was ineffective in regulation.

In 3rd O/T McComb got called for illegal pick on a pass play. Those officials were overlooking stuff all night long, and then to make a game determining call like that in O/T was rediculous.

If MSML doesn't play better against Newark Catholic they are toast.

NC by 14.

MSML was VERY lucky to get past McComb. Tipped pass in the end zone that was caught by a by-stander, a snap over the head of the McComb punter for a very short field for a TD, plus a pick six. Their offense was ineffective in regulation.

In 3rd O/T McComb got called for illegal pick on a pass play. Those officials were overlooking stuff all night long, and then to make a game determining call like that in O/T was rediculous.

NC by 14.
Does MSML have very good DBs? They will need some.

Couldn't you say McComb was lucky that the refs weren't calling anything all night? They finally started calling penalties like they should have all game.

Marion will have their hands full. Our young kids need to play better next week to beat Newark Catholic. Go Flyers!

Couldn't you say McComb was lucky that the refs weren't calling anything all night? They finally started calling penalties like they should have all game.

Marion will have their hands full. Our young kids need to play better next week to beat Newark Catholic. Go Flyers!

They were overlooking stuff both ways. It's just a shame that a major penalty and loss of down would be the determining factor after some very lucky early scores by Marion Local. Neither team played all that well, way too many turn-overs. Mc Comb was playing without their arguably best defensive player, disqualified & off the team for misconduct. Good luck to the MAC boys.

Last edited:

NC by 14.

Lucky the other team snapped a ball over the punters head? If u wanted to play that game, I say McComb is lucky MSML didn't tackle as well as they usually do. Luck doesn't have anything to do with it, apparently the long snapper didn't practice well enough or mentally prepare.

Great job flyers, I will be watching

Lucky the other team snapped a ball over the punters head? If u wanted to play that game, I say McComb is lucky MSML didn't tackle as well as they usually do. Luck doesn't have anything to do with it, apparently the long snapper didn't practice well enough or mentally prepare.

Starting center got hurt, was on the sideline.

I'll take lucky every time.

I've benn a part of a couple championships, I can give at least 6 examples of a playing going our way that had nothing to do with skill...

If your lucky take it..

Good luck Green Wave from a Mogadore fan....bring the title back to this side of the state please. GO GREEN>>>

I'll take lucky every time.

I've benn a part of a couple championships, I can give at least 6 examples of a playing going our way that had nothing to do with skill...

If your lucky take it..

The old saying " I rather be lucky than good." Doesn't apply to anyone who plays football. If u are hoping to get lucky every week, poker may be your game.

They were overlooking stuff both ways. It's just a shame that a major penalty and loss of down would be the determining factor after some very lucky early scores by Marion Local. Neither team played all that well, way too many turn-overs. Mc Comb was playing without their arguably best defensive player, disqualified & off the team for misconduct. Good luck to the MAC boys.

Dude You lost both teams had things go thier way in that game. As for the call it would have been a shame if the call was not made and McComb won becase a major penalty was over looked. :wallbang:

Good luck next week ML!!!!

It's just a shame that a major penalty and loss of down would be the determining factor after some very lucky early scores by Marion Local.

I'm just a moron junior poster like you are :) , but I was told the refs additionally blew it because they did not give the loss-of-down like they should have. Is that true? Just curious.

I'm just a moron junior poster like you are :) , but I was told the refs additionally blew it because they did not give the loss-of-down like they should have. Is that true? Just curious.

The loss of down was indeed assessed.

Well looking at the past 2 years of what Western Ohio teams have done against eastern Ohio teams, I think Marion Local wins convincingly. I don't think it'll be a 70 point win, or Marion local putting up 61. But I think it'll be a final of like 45-20.

Well looking at the past 2 years of what Western Ohio teams have done against eastern Ohio teams, I think Marion Local wins convincingly. I don't think it'll be a 70 point win, or Marion local putting up 61. But I think it'll be a final of like 45-20.

Have you seen the scores of ML's last three games? I love this team but don't see them winning a blowout at all. It'll go down to the wire IMO.

Have you seen the scores of ML's last three games? I love this team but don't see them winning a blowout at all. It'll go down to the wire IMO.

No offence to R23 or Mogadore, but the competition for Marion Local has been much greater. Western Ohio small school football is just superior. If it wasnt for Ursuline, Coldwater would have about 3 more state titles. The MAC is like the SEC, every year they are supposed to not be better and teams can beat them. Then they play and the SEC wins, just like the MAC will.