D II State Semi-Final: Massillon (12-1) vs Archbishop Hoban (13-1)

Who wins?

• Hoban

Votes: 121 55.8%
  • Massillon

Votes: 96 44.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd pump the brakes on that one.... any team that beat St. Ed's this year commands respect, esp a St Ed's squad that beat Hoban. I'll take Hoban here, but game will be close, IMO, and could go either way. Both teams are loaded.
Now, I was around high school football for 20+ years a lot from the late 80's until 2010. The one thing I know when you're dealing with 15-18 year old kids, every week is an adventure. I predicted that Hoban would rout St V-M in the playoff rematch because they played the regular season game very vanilla. I definitely think Hoban has put into high gear for the playoffs especially with the Ed's defeat still leaving a bad taste in their mouth. I personally seeing Hoban winning by double digits, but not a running clock. I say a late touchdown to put it out of reach. One thing going Massilon's favor is it looks to be dry after morning rain and the 10-20 MPH winds are suppose to calm to 5-10 MPH, but being on that campus and at that stadium for many years, it's normally a wind tunnel going through there. Now that being said, I hope Massilon wins because I'm tired of high schools becoming all star teams with players from all over the place.

Last edited:
Friday is getting closer. And I'm getting more excited by the day. This is a HEAVYWEIGHT fight type game. This game needs a cool catch phrase name for it, like: "The Brawl in Montreal". "The Rumble in the Jungle". I would love to hear peoples creative catch phrases that may apply to this game. Also I hope everyone has a very nice Thanksgiving and God bless every poster on Yappi.

Friday is getting closer. And I'm getting more excited by the day. This is a HEAVYWEIGHT fight type game. This game needs a cool catch phrase name for it, like: "The Brawl in Montreal". "The Rumble in the Jungle". I would love to hear peoples creative catch phrases that may apply to this game. Also I hope everyone has a very nice Thanksgiving and God bless every poster on Yappi.
Th Greased Palms Classic

The "under the table" recruitment bowl

FWIW I'm no member of the staff nor do I have any inside info I'm just BSing like everyone else. I guess it depends on one's definition of "opening the playbook". What I mean is I don't think we're going to see anything we haven't already seen this year. It's too late to be changing things up . You stick with what you do best if it works great if the other team is good enough to stop it that's the breaks. Everyone take a deep breath and relax don't get worked up about the coaching staff before anything has happened yet . We all want the same thing. GO TIGERS !!

FWIW I'm no member of the staff nor do I have any inside info I'm just BSing like everyone else. I guess it depends on one's definition of "opening the playbook". What I mean is I don't think we're going to see anything we haven't already seen this year. It's too late to be changing things up . You stick with what you do best if it works great if the other team is good enough to stop it that's the breaks. Everyone take a deep breath and relax don't get worked up about the coaching staff before anything has happened yet . We all want the same thing. GO TIGERS !!
When I say open the playbook I mean run some plays from the passing game we saw against St Ed, Fitch and a bit against McK. We just haven’t really needed to do it so far in the playoffs and when we coulda used it against Lake the wind just wouldn’t allow it.

Agreed. Both will do what got them here for most part. In previous games we've seen onside kicks, fake punts, going on 4th down, lots of passing, little passing, so don't be surprised to see a surprise or 2, but it's not like either team is going to install the triple option this week.

We'll know early enough if and how the ground game is working vs. the passing game and take it from there. My bigger concern is keeping Sperling from breaking off big runs or taking the game over. Pretty much unstoppable last couple weeks.

I think Massillon comes out of here on top considering Hoban's head coach has taken the job at Mater Dei. per sources from California/Vegas.

Just bought my ticket! Never been to InfoCision before. I will be proudly wearing my Lake CATHOLIC hat and sitting on the Massillon side if anyone wants to meet! Go Tigers! Beat Hoban!
You are going to LOVE Infocision. Safe travels and have fun at the game. Where are you coming from?

Crable is Hobans defensive leader, has caught about 50 passes as a receiver, plays H back and is their punter.

Status
Not open for further replies.