D 1 private schools?

pantherland

Are there currently only 5 D1 private schools in Ohio for football? Elder, St , St eds, and Ignatius?

Am I missing anyone? Thanks.

And two of them will be in the D1 state championship game. What does that tell you about the OHSAA's disparity between parochial and public school rules. Enough of this nonsense .

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

So true in so many ways!
No! Private schools offering edchoice/"scholarship" shhhh money to students in and out of state just to play football, which takes those exited schools government money, which is approximately 6 grand, is wrong, especially when the governing OHSAA looks the other way, no questions asked. Considering when public schools that utilize open enrollment correctly are scrutinized and punished for attracting student athletes to their superior programs/ curriculum, and they do it by the rules. If we're going to all allow alumni money to pay for "scholarships" to these super stars with no consequences then let's allow public schools to atleast utilize OE without penalties. Come on people, don't you see the disparity here? "There are none so blind as those who will not see" THE TRUTH!

Last edited:
You gonna come to Cincinnati and recruit some more?
Talk about a large recruiting area, Massillon leads the way in recruiting!!
Are you still whining about Munford? Evidently his moving to Massillon worked out for him. He’s now playing pro football in Las Vegas!

They all live in Massillon now. Not one had to sit out so they all moved here. I know the fed mentality is you own these players for life but thank goodness we still live in a country where you can choose your own place of residence.
So you should have no problem with EdChoice then. I mean Massillon gets players from 6 counties for free, why shouldn't the private schools have the same opportunity.

They all live in Massillon now. Not one had to sit out so they all moved here. I know the fed mentality is you own these players for life but thank goodness we still live in a country where you can choose your own place of residence.
Wow six football players on Massillon's roster just happened to move into Massillon?
I thought the population was declining, thus the excuses?

Before open enrollment when you transferred without moving the school you left had to sign off or the player had to sit out a year.

Fed schools never signed off one time.

Massillon signed the release for every student who ever left.

That tells you everything you need to know about the fed ownership mentality.

I have a big problem with it. Public tax dollars should not be funding private schools.
Yes they should, if the parents want to get them what they feel is the best education for their own kids.
The government should get out of the education business to begin with, the kids aren't your property.

The family's that came to Massillon and there are not six counties, only the beachwood ones, came because of the great opportunity to get their college for free. But the athletic association makes it a microscopic investigation. The kids that go to Moeller, get 15 grand tuition, and lord knows what else paid for without so much as a blink from the OHSAA. Those recruits don't have to live any place in particular or have to set out 5 games. There are different rules. And this "edchoice" which gives these schools a license to steal ,
Is being challenged all over the country. I don't have a problem with giving everyone the opportunity to go to the school of their choice, my problem is when public schools attract student athletes, it's called cheating and investigated. Let every school play by the same rules.

The family's that came to Massillon and there are not six counties, only the beachwood ones, came because of the great opportunity to get their college for free. But the athletic association makes it a microscopic investigation. The kids that go to Moeller, get 15 grand tuition, and lord knows what else paid for without so much as a blink from the OHSAA. Those recruits don't have to live any place in particular or have to set out 5 games. There are different rules. And this "edchoice" which gives these schools a license to steal ,
Is being challenged all over the country. I don't have a problem with giving everyone the opportunity to go to the school of their choice, my problem is when public schools attract student athletes, it's called cheating and investigated. Let every school play by the same rules.
Good for them and the kids that chose to send their kids to Moeller or any other school.
Again, it is none of your business how someone decides what is best for their own child. After all isn't public inclusive for everyone?

Before open enrollment when you transferred without moving the school you left had to sign off or the player had to sit out a year.

Fed schools never signed off one time.

Massillon signed the release for every student who ever left.

That tells you everything you need to know about the fed ownership mentality.
Truth